10 man setup - Ultraxion Healing Buffs?

Hi All,

We only had 2 shots at Ultraxion today (10 man Normal) and then Blizz decided to do the instance > server resets on our group.

I've looked at posts on multiple sites/forums, and can't find a decisive agreement on which class /spec should take which crystals. There are many recommendations, but most contradict one another

Our setup is as follows:
    Holy Pally
    Disc Priest
    Resto Druid

From what I can see, it would be best for:
    Holy Pally - take Blue and spam xxx ability?
    Disc Priest - Red
    Resto Druid - Green?

Any advice / guidance from people who have confirmed this on Normal today (not PTR) would be most appreciated

Also, on Ultraxion, when is the best time to pop Hero - 20% and under?

-Gorpy

Deleted
    Paladin takes the Essence of Dreams ofcourse. The green one.

Druid takes the blue haste thingy.

Priest takes the red.

It's pretty obvious, druids are FAR superior on 100% haste and be able to spam out hots on everyone without losing mana. Paladins have the strongest heals so lets say they crit 50k with divine light they heal the raid for 25k. Priest gets 100% extra healing because they benefit less on the other buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qweek View Post

Priest takes the red.

It's pretty obvious, druids are FAR superior on 100% haste and be able to spam out hots on everyone without losing mana. Paladins have the strongest heals so lets say they crit 50k with divine light they heal the raid for 25k. Priest gets 100% extra healing because they benefit less on the other buffs.
    Ignore him.
    Paladins are best AoE healer on that fight with Holy Radiance and they are limited by mana - so by reducing mana cost by 3/4 and giving them 2x more cast you more than double (about 2.4) healing from that spell, and they will spam only it. Also, hint - mastery is ignored by green.

Also, green buff just doubles the healing and redistributes it so it does not matter if DL crits for 50k or 10 hots heal for x

Priest takes the red.

The new Holy radiance is an excellent reason for Holy Paladin taking blue over a resto druid.

We 2 healed it,pally and Disc was fun

Deleted

Priest takes the red.

This exactly this is the best setup by far.

holy paladins are always prio on the green because we do the biggest heals so get the most from each gcd, and it means we can focus 100% on tank healing. and still offer really high raid hps.

Druids always get the haste because of hots scaling. and blue is mainly for shammy/priests.

and for BL, should be used about 20-30, when raid c/ds are on cooldown and waiting for them to come back up agian. Make sure you have a decent raid c/d cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradyznz View Post
    The new Holy radiance is an excellent reason for Holy Paladin taking blue over a resto druid.
    IF the paladin is raid healing, yes. Being able to spam Holy Radiance makes for some excellent number on that fight. HOWEVER, should the paladin cast any other spell BUT holy radiance, the effect of Blue greatly decreases.

For druids, Haste effects all 3 of druids AoE arsonal, Effloresence, Wild Growth, and Rejuvenation, as well as Lifebloom. Me thinks with 4 set bonus, it becomes even better, allowing you to simply blanket the entire raid with Rejuve, and then /afk for the remainder of the fight (This is only if 4 set works like I think it does.) For a druid, 70-100% of healing scales EXTREMELY well with haste, compared to any other class. Paladins, as I said, only benefit if they are pure raid healing. Disc Priests barely benefit from Haste in comparision to Druids, so they only benefit from the mana reduction for PW:S spam. Holy Priests benefit slightly more, with Sanctuary, PoH glyph, and Mastery, BUT there is an excellent chance that the later will continuasly clip, thus bringing Holy Priests benefts from AoE healing significantly below Druids. Shamans only have Riptide and Healing Rain. Both are on a cooldown, with Healing Rain spammage being very good, but Riptide effect being very bad. R shamans are above Holy Priests, but still below druids. Finally, Paladins, as said before, benefit from Blue extremely well if Raid Healing, but if they cast anything beisdes Holy Radiance, they really only get the blue benefit.

OP, I have read many reports that Green does not work with HoTs, so for that pure simple fact, you do not want a Resto Druid, Raid Healing Holy Priest/RShaman on it. A Resto Shaman healing tanks, or Holy Priest healing tanks would work OK with green, but not very good. On the other hand, if the Holy Paladin is healing Tanks in your group setup, they should 100% take Green. Huge heals+50% with Beacon causes the Holy Paladin to generate both decent AoE healing and good tank healing. In a 10 man, each raid member recieves 5% of the healing that the Holy Paladin does, unless I am mistaken in how it works. Thus, the Holy Paladin is not only generating large amounts of single target healing due to Beacon and thier superb single target direct heals, they are also healing the tanks for an extra 5%, thus making them the perfect tank healers during this fight.

Red, as said before, is more for classes that dont really benefit from Haste or splash heals. Disc Priests, Holy Priests, and Resto Shamans are all the best choice for Red.

And on Ultraxion, I would suggest at 20% and under for the 30% haste buff. There is a huge spike in damage towards the end of the fight, so 30% haste for faster heals AND to get past the hard part quicker is good.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mxds View Post
    We 2 healed it,pally and Disc was fun
    Sure you can 2 heal it, but the fight seems to have been designed to have the "set" number of healers, that is, 3/6, since Blue cant be taken by DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Holy Radiance is the strongest AE heal in the game as long as the group is stacked, which they are on this fight.
    We have a similar set up but we can't figure out who gets green. Green was absolutely terrible for me (Hpally).
    Our Holy Priest managed to out heal me with no buff while I had green and spamming DL on the tank.
    The other thing that bothered me is that we never got a blue buff, we always got Red, then Green, then Nozdormu's buff.
    If we can two heal it then I think that's what we're gonna do, I just think it's going to be a bitch to wait for so long on blue buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    IF the paladin is raid healing, yes. Being able to spam Holy Radiance makes for some excellent number on that fight. HOWEVER, should the paladin cast any other spell BUT holy radiance, the effect of Blue greatly decreases.
    By the time the blue buff arrives the holy paladin is focused on AOE healing, tank healing is not an issue

Anyway, we 2 heal it as well. Disc with red > Resto with green (ignore the misinformation about it not working for druids) > Disc swaps to blue for PoH spam. Makes it a joke to heal.

To be honest, with so much over-healing happening ggonna have to wait for heroic to really see who's better with which buff.

we did it on 10normal using:
    holy priest-red
    resto shaman-green
    holy pally-blue

At the end of the fight meters showed pally>shaman>priest with 70% of the pally's healing being holy radiance and the top heal for the shaman being the green's extra heals proced from his chains and rains

Blue should definitely be going to your paladin. When they get it, they can just do HR HR HR LoD over and over again for what is apparently the best AOE healing you'll see out of that fight.

As a druid on 25s, I take the red buff and keep the raid held up until the others get their green and blue buffs, where they can then dominate the healing needed for the later parts of the fight. I'm not sure if a disc priest works with red, but I bet at the very least they could just PoH spam and have great divine aegises.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Blue should definitely be going to your paladin. When they get it, they can just do HR HR HR LoD over and over again for what is apparently the best AOE healing you'll see out of that fight.

As a druid on 25s, I take the red buff and keep the raid held up until the others get their green and blue buffs, where they can then dominate the healing needed for the later parts of the fight. I'm not sure if a disc priest works with red, but I bet at the very least they could just PoH spam and have great divine aegises.
    Red does not scale Dis bubbles up.
    It's also a HPS loss to use LoD, just spam HR =P

But yes Blue absolutely goes to the Hpally, I'm just trying to figure out what green is good for =/
    our priest said it was terrible for him, and from what I understand it's useless to Rdruids because their hots don't proc from it.

Can't wait for people to finally realize that a smart pally with always top AoE healing now with the patch. Heroic major, we would keep our druid out for scorpion phase and we would go to about 14 stacks before going to cat druid was at 54k HPS... When I got on my paly I was the one that was out, with HR HR HR, LoD spamming.. I was at 94k HPS, and would come out to 21 stacks before going into cat. I had focus magic and got innervate at 15 stacks. Going into cat phase was at approx 50% mana without using plea or trinks/ pots.

With that said... yes druid will have better scaled haste for HoTs on ultraxion... But seriously consider utilizing a paly for the raid heals due to the HR change.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    It's also a HPS loss to use LoD, just spam HR =P .
    Negative... If you HR HR HR LOD, it is NOT a HPS loss at all. Its a gain, Your LoD 3 charge should hit while your third HR in that rotation is ticking with at least 3-4 seconds left. And since HR is avg (without proc) a 2 second cast.. You will be able to double dip a 3charge LoD into your third HR, and restart that sequence before you ever lose a single HR tick.. So again, by far best AoE HPS is ... HR, HR, HR, LoD... Repeat.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 06:20 PM ----------

The only way the LoD would result in a HPS loss is if you are facing the wrong way, or at an angle that doesnt include the majority of your raid since it's a frontal effect, especially if you have it glyphed (1 extra target)
    Last edited by prestilence; 2011-11-30 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    This is misinformation. Yes it doesn't scale with PW:S, but that doesn't matter as you should only be using PW:S for rapture procs for this fight. Red increases healing done, which increases the size of our Divine Aegis shields that we get from PoH. This fight is all about PoH spam for disc.

Deleted
    Red for druid because blue is for the pala, green is for classes with big single target heals, and efflorescence is double dipping in the 100% red healing buff.

Deleted
    We got Resto shaman, disco priest and me (resto druid).
    Shammy took red and priest green, i went boomkin since we discovered that with 3 healers we don't have enough dps to hit enrage.
    He fell.