Deleted

Question About Conquest points and Arena. New Season.

Hello,

One-two, maybe, stupid question.
    What is the point of getting conquest points for a win in a bg ?
    What's the point of arena then ?
    30k is the value around for conquest points to get your ultimate gear. (-weapons)
    That means 600 wins - casual arena cap and daily 100 conquest === this is a 2 weeks camp of random bg's.
    It seems a bit odd to get the gear so fast.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
    All the best.

Not sure what you are asking really.

How do you figure 2 weeks? We still have a cap for conquest points. Yes you can now get conquest through random BGs, but you still are limited to 1650 or whatever. Obviously if you do high end arena you will have a higher cap, but other than that you still have a weekly cap. It's not like honor where we have a 4000 cap, and can legitimately grind a full set in a week or two.

Also, unlike honor, the cap is WEEKLY, in other words, when you hit your 1650 through random BGs, and spend that on items, you can't just go back into random BGs and re-cap during the same week (I think? someone can correct me if this is wrong)

Deleted
    I think its for people who like myself don't like arena, however RBG needs the conquest gear if you want to do well (esp later in the season) so its a middle ground

also its faster to get cap in arena (i recon you will still get cap after 10 min's ~1hr?) but it'll take alot longer doing random bgs.

it'll also give reason for people to do more then one random a day, and thus make times shorter and have better geared/skilled people play making it more fun!

also does anyone know if conquest resets next week again? if not ima go get cap so i can get my shiny pvp gear on next wed :P

Deleted
    regular bgs wont give u higher conquest cap. ur cap will be stuck at 1650. arena is for cap, getting better and prestige. bgs is for unpopulated servers/easier to gear up. gr8 change in my opinion, since Im from Boulderfist EU.

I don't do arenas or rated battlegrounds, but I still like collecting conquest points for cataclysmic gear. I am pretty happy not to need to tab all my extra valor points for PvP gear (though I am sure I will end up heading that way eventually). I have more CP this week already than I had all of last week combined!

10+ Year Old Account
    19 weeks. It'll take 19 weeks if you just cap conquest each week at 1650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE