Thread: Hot streak help

Lightbulb Hot streak help

Ok

so last night i switched to fire from arcane I'm a bit of a noob and have only been playing about a year and i was hope you could clear something up for me. I've been using combustion helper and every so offen i get a massage in my chat window that i refreshed hot streak to fast and wasted it by using Pyro when it progs. i was thinking you wanted to clear it as soon as you could but now i'm not sure.

Help me out guy's

Fezz
    Last edited by fezzer; 2011-11-30 at 06:19 PM.

As soon as you get a Hot Streak proc, at least to the best of my knowledge, stop casting whatever spell you are casting and cast your pyroblast. You are probably finishing your current cast and the Hot Streak is refreshing itself before you can get the one that procced first off. I have that problem a lot on Aly, and a little bit in the new 5 mans now that I've switched back to fire full time

cool so i need a stop cast macro for pyro. Anyone know a good one? what do you guy's use

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayssaris View Post
    As soon as you get a Hot Streak proc, at least to the best of my knowledge, stop casting whatever spell you are casting and cast your pyroblast. You are probably finishing your current cast and the Hot Streak is refreshing itself before you can get the one that procced first off. I have that problem a lot on Aly, and a little bit in the new 5 mans now that I've switched back to fire full time
    I'm don't think this is true. Don't quote me if I'm wrong though.

The way I'm sure you should be doing it is, say for instance you're 1s through a FB cast, and HS pops up, you carry on and finish the FB cast and chain the HS when FB cast ends. If you were to do it the above way, you'd have wasted 1-1.5s cast, meaning you've stood there doing nothing, thus doing less DPS.

Like I said, someone will probably come along and say I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it's not as Cayssaris said. If it is like that, then hot diggidy, I've been doing it all wrong since Wrath (yet still top the tables and what not..).
    Last edited by mmoc6025b804ec; 2011-11-30 at 07:33 PM.

1) You shouldn't have hot streak is an alysrazor build anyway.
    2) Breaking a cast to cast a pyroblast so you don't "lose it" seems wrong and otherwise unnecessary considering travel time.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayssaris View Post
    You actually don't want to stop-cast just to use a hot streak. For 1 thing, alysrazor is not a fight you should take general dps ideas from. The mechanics of that fight result in a very non-standard dps strategy as fire, since you are effectively crit-capped and probably very close to gcd cap on fireball/pyroblast. Under 'normal' circumstances, hot streak will not double-proc and cause the first to be overwritten. It can still happen, but you lose more dps by using a stop-cast macro and effectively giving up cast time than you do by infrequently overwriting an HS proc.

so no stop cast just do it the way i was let FB cast then prog then back to FB till prog again. rinse and rep

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    2) Breaking a cast to cast a pyroblast so you don't "lose it" seems wrong and otherwise unnecessary considering travel time.
    Fire is better than arcane in 4.3... good job looking dumb.

OT - Finish your cast then hit hotstreak... if one gets munched, oh well life sucks

Yeah i was a thinking the whole alysrazor thing was a bit strange ?

less than 10 posts and so much misinformation, lol

DON'T stop casting to use a hot streak, just cast it next. You'll lose one every now and then, them's just the breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    Come again? What does this have to do with anything being discussed? Or do you often reply to things acting like a dick for no reason?

Please don't spam
    Last edited by nemex; 2011-12-01 at 11:29 PM.

OT - Finish your cast then hit hotstreak... if one gets munched, oh well life sucks
    What does that have to do with Fire and Arcane? He was talking about a talent, not all of them.

I'm sorry for being misinformed and thanks for the advice, even though I wasn't the one originally seeking it.

Wow this went to hell fast
    less than 10 posts and so much misinformation, lol

DON'T stop casting to use a hot streak, just cast it next. You'll lose one every now and then, them's just the breaks.
    but thanks for the help Youvegotfail that's what I needed to know.
    Last edited by fezzer; 2011-11-30 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fezzer View Post
    Ok

so last night i switched to fire from arcane I'm a bit of a noob and have only been playing about a year and i was hope you could clear something up for me. I've been using combustion helper and every so offen i get a massage in my chat window that i refreshed hot streak to fast and wasted it by using Pyro when it progs. i was thinking you wanted to clear it as soon as you could but now i'm not sure.

Help me out guy's

Fezz
    OP please go read the first post on this thread: http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-...ge_compendium/

As a newer player doing the research on any new spec is going to pay off more than asking most people on these forums, not very many responses you will get here can be trusted to be true as you can tell by what has happened here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come again? What does this have to do with anything being discussed? Or do you often reply to things acting like a dick for no reason?
    Are you really this retarded? I was referring the fact that you said fire is an alys only spec. Good job reading your own post tho. Bravo /golfclap.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2011-11-30 at 09:11 PM.

You'll find (especially with 4pT12) that Hot Streak will proc and you'll get a combustionhelper message at the same time stating you wasted a HS. It's due to the interaction of the T3 HS talent and the T4 HS talent. You can proc a HS from the T4 talent (2 consecutive DD crits) and have that second crit also proc a HS from the T3 Talent (chance on any DD crit). Gets annoying, but hey, at least it's proccing

Are you really this retarded? I was referring the fact that you said fire is an alys only spec. Good job reading your own post tho. Bravo /golfclap.

User was infracted for this post.
    That's not at all what I said. I said that you shouldn't have hot streak in an alys spec in response to the person (post #2) saying they were having problems with HS procs on that fight. I said nothing about Fire being for Alysrazor only...hell if you looked at my armory you'd see my main spec is Fire as of yesterday.

Don't discuss someone's ban with someone who is banned.

Swizz = killer of fun.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2011-12-01 at 10:45 PM.

I just make a macro of the following

/cancelaura Hot Streak
    /cancelaura Hot Streak
    /cancelaura Hot Streak
    /cast Pyroblast
    Seems to work for me. The fight is so easy I don't bother wasting time changing spec just to lose that talent. If you're really trying to break records then sure respec out of hot streak and reforge to stack mastery.