Poll: What do you do when dialect starts??

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

THE Voice over = skip anyway

Ok.My opinion on topic of THE BIG VOICE OVER......
    Fuck it.
    I did 1-17 on beta weekend with my mates. We tried/played many mmos and other games together over many years ( We are at end of our 20s).
    Not a single one from us lasted longet than 5 lvls before we started to skip the shit out of dialect. Its like ye ye ye whaevaaaaaaa just let me kill shit. Then some main quest dialect ...... hmm this option gives me dark side points go 4 it.

Its not like we play mmos like that we play everything this way. In skyrim i got over 60 hours and lvl 50.5 now finished over 400 quests.... And that game got Voice overs to but who cares i spam skip anyway and just read subs if im bothered.

So how many of you dont give a flying fuck about game seller aka MOST VOICE OVER IN HISTORY >>

Same here, but I only care about end game. I do not have this alt-itis everyone seems to have lately. Story quest were somewhat cool to listen to. Side quest were spacebar central.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you mean dialog. And some people don't like story, no matter the game. I'm not one of them though, I'm glad to have a little more story and reasoning behind why I do x quest.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

No I never skipped anything, will probably only skip the voice overs in flashpoints as it will be boring to listen to the same thing everytime you do the flashpoint :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I will only be skipping some of the parts I did in Beta because Ive done them. But maybe not considering I played Rep and by the time I go back to playing a Rep Trooper or Jedi Knight I may have forgotten.

oh please go play BF3 or MW and leave the RPG's.

if you just want to kill things there is plenty of games. whats the point in playing an rpg if you don't take the time to enjoy the story. When you watch a film (was going to say read a book but realised the futility of that statement) do you just skip to the end?
    May the cake be with you!

To each their own. I HATE questing and in every game I never read anything. ESPICALLY Mass Effect. I refused to play it due to the RP element. But i LOVE swtor quests. Idk why but the voice acting is so well done and the quests so immersive that I like it. Cant see myself lvling 2 of the same class though. Id blow my brains out.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

I skipped a few of the side quests. Also the ones in which the voice over was a different language I skipped through quite a bit. For the most part I listened through them though.

I skipped normal quests. I watched/listened to every second of the class story quests.
    Last edited by Kutra; 2011-11-30 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i really hated about the voice over was the generic repetition of your own character when it comes to standard responses.

for example, i lost track on how often my sith warrior gave "sounds like a good opportunity for violence" as an answer.

I did it, but only because I was on the weekend beta and I didn't want any spoilers as to what the hell I was actually doing. Means that when I do buy it, I'll be able to, and most definitely will, the small amount of voice acting I allowed myself to hear was fantastic.

Deleted
    I wish these people will stay in WoW. then maybe i can stop tanking for 1 minute before hearing GOGOGONOOB or something similar. Patience is a virtue. If you try to rush a story based RPG, then I am sure you will be back saying theres nothing to do at endgame 3 days after release.

you people are playing the wrong game then, and you should know that from the beginning. if all you care about is repeating the same old stuff and the end game grind, sorry but ... WoW is the game for you.

this is an RPG, if you want hack and slash with no paying attention to anything or dialogue I'd also suggest Diablo.

BUT REALLY WHY DO YOU GO INTO A GAME ABOUT STORY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT DIALOGUE? did none of you read anything about the game, and then come here JUST TO COMPLAIN?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    I wish these people will stay in WoW. then maybe i can stop tanking for 1 minute before hearing GOGOGONOOB or something similar. Patience is a virtue. If you try to rush a story based RPG, then I am sure you will be back saying theres nothing to do at endgame 3 days after release.
    Right? Get a mmo with a story and a franchise about it and people want it watered down back to WoW or have a lackluster story. Give me a break.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    I only skipped it when they wern't speaking english and even then only for the annoying sounding ones most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknazty View Post
    To each their own.
    This is where SWTOR's storytelling fails to deliver. You have to either sit through the cutscenes or skip them. There's no middle ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    This is where SWTOR's storytelling fails to deliver. You have to either sit through the cutscenes or skip them. There's no middle ground.
    I have no idea what you're wanting. How can you have a middle ground between being involved in the story, or skipping it? Do you want cliff notes or something?

Deleted
    ill listen to tha majority of story voice overs once, i will likely only group with people who skip trash quests. I understand people like to quest and listen to voice overs but its also rude if 2-3 people are skipping voice overs especially in flashpoints. Its like going afk mid-way through an instance / raid in another mmo.. highly annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the MAIN reasons I will play this game is voiceovers. I just absolutely love them. I can't stress enough how much they mean to me. I have finished KotOR 6 different times and never skipped a line of dialogue. Same with KotOR 2. Same with NWN2. Same with The Witchers. Same with Mass Effects. Same with DA1/2. Even the tiniest sidequests give me joy just because it has voiceovers. Honestly, this game was designed with people like me in mind.

Thread is fine, the message "So how many of you dont give a flying fuck about game seller aka MOST VOICE OVER IN HISTORY" however, is not. Just makes you look ignorant. Excellent use of an expletive. Makes you look real classy.

And the poll, like it's a surprise if someone actually listens to the story? THE STORY! A surprise? REALLY?
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Middle ground would be reading the quest text?
    Uh, quest log? Game chat. It's there. Look.