Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Funniest Moments in Beta (possible spoilers)

I firmly appreciate the way BioWare added humor, without tons of pop-culture references, and I wanted to ask about the most humorous moments you had in game.

Mine was on Dromund Kaas, and I was playing as a Bounty Hunter. There were two moments, happened in the same night within twenty minutes of each other.

*Spoilers Below.*
    The first involved tracking down a bounty to return to his family. He ended up stranded on DK to be with a woman he'd met. She promised to hide him as her brother, saying they'd attend parties and live the good life, while being lovers in secret. You track the two of them down to the Cantina in Kaas City, and confront them. The man, who believed he was stuck and couldn't leave, was overjoyed. The woman, on the other hand, wanted to keep him and then offered for you to kill him, rather than take him back.

I took a Dark Side option and chose to kill her. Before the fight began, she implored to her lover..

"Defend me, my love!" (after trying to get him killed)

The guy, with his high-pitched, high-class British accent is like..

"Are you mad!?"

I laughed so hard that I nearly pissed myself. Which almost got me killed, cuz it broke into combat and the woman was no joke, especially with Mako off slicing.

The second was a random guy at a camp. You walk up and the first thing he says is mentioning that he killed a bunch of his squad-mates, finishing it up with.. "How was I supposed to know they were planning a surprise birthday party?!" It really caught me off guard, and was more of a wtf-moment. My wife burst out laughing about the same time I did.

Good times. :P
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

LOL Yes I did all those on my bounty hunter. The surprise party one made me nearly blow beer out my nostrils laughing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say mine was 10 minutes into the bounty hunter story ...the misson to return the son to his mother so you can send him off to korriban for sith mindmelting.

Walked up his father speaking to me like i,m scum(ye not a good idea to irritate the already annoyed guy with the gun) ....so ye naturally i shot him dead and then turn to the son and go ...i did you a favour ..my brother beside me damn near wet himself needless to say that set a pattern for me for the rest of the leveling lol.
    Faith Manages

When that kid ran off it was so awkward and funny. If he truly becomes a sith, he will probably the one that gets picked on at the academy lol

Khem Val is my buddy. If someone mouths off to me he threatens to eat them.

Of course I think the absolute funniest thing I saw so far was something I overheard while my wife was playing her smuggler.

Droid: Are you experiencing any cases of <long list of medical jargon> or a hunger for sentient flesh?
    Smuggler: Uh, I could really go for a nerf burger. Does that count?
    Droid: I will make a note of it on your chart.

There are a few ive seen in beta, Like when your at spaceport on DK on BH and mako is talking to you ,in the background someone is giving the gaurd grief then you see the gaurd punch him in the face. Another I loved was on the BH quest with the admiral on DK,when you goto see him his assistant stops and nags you about letting you in . the admiral steps in etc assistant says Sorry pal wont happen again and my BH response was Good cause next time ..Bang Bang ( waving the gun around at the assistant)
    laughed for good 20 mins .just how the bh responded had me cracking up.Another Moment that had me cracking up was on coruscant, blacksun district i think it was where theres a
    cantina. at the entrance if you notice theres a bouncer holding a line of npcs back, if you start shooting the bouncer the first NPC in line kicks him in the junk and runs inside the cantina, couldnt stop laughing for few mins after seeing it.
    Last edited by Kesac6932; 2011-11-30 at 06:14 PM.

mini satele bug.

For whatever reason, just had me roflin.

I don't remember any specific ones but I spent a lot of time laughing on my Smuggler, and that was doing all light side/ good choices for the most part.

A quests on my Jedi, at the Twilek place. I turned in a quest to find a guys father. "Where's my father?"
    I had the option to say "In my bag". :P

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Spy View Post
    mini satele bug.

Oh god that was funny. *hope they wont fix that bug!*

my favorite was when someone said in general my guilds gonna hate me we are a 10 man and i just got the legendary staff and uninstalled after playing this beta

For any of you that play skyrim, you know the Jarl of whiterun has a funny as accent, and when he says "I will not sit idle while a dragon slouters my peepole." I spelled that wrong on purpose to give you a sense of what he sounds like. My friends and I reference the line a lot for 2 reasons: we all love skyrim, and the line sounds really funny when the Jarl says it.

In the BH starting area, you're lead on a main quest that takes you to the hutt, and at one point another man in the room says to the hutt "slaughter their people." Being the nerds we are, we couldn't help but laugh pretty hard

That mine field in the Smuggler starting zone where you can bet on beggars being able to make it through was real funny. One of the rare occasions where I just had to choose the dark side option in the dialogue. This game has a lot of potential in this area, I must say.

Still waters run deep.

the birthday part one was so awesome.

Playing a Sith Warrior for part of the weekend, Vette tended to amuse me. After you agree to take her shock collar off and then tell you you can work as partners, she makes a joke about being friends with a Sith and how the other kids will never pick on her on the playground anymore. Just one of the examples I remember of her making me laugh a bit... but she's very much the me of video games. I had a ton of affection points with her

Quote Originally Posted by Saturate View Post
    That mine field in the Smuggler starting zone where you can bet on beggars being able to make it through was real funny. One of the rare occasions where I just had to choose the dark side option in the dialogue. This game has a lot of potential in this area, I must say.
    I personally would have liked an option to shoot those guys in the face. I'm all for swindling people, but forcing the needy to run a gauntlet of death for your own amusement crosses the line.

When I was playing on Hutta I saw some things that made me crack a smile.

Hun Duo vs Greepo
    http://i.imgur.com/p061s.jpg

Also sitting close by is this
    http://torwars.com/wp-content/upload...8-46-10-76.jpg

These are not my pics btw.

mine pretty much had to be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Ny43kY97c

i was in a group with 2 other friends doing something (don't recall) and we pulled out that damned droid for a healer. needless to say after that i'd only pull him out to annoy them lol. he says that so just as the video plays.. every time he did anything ... i definetly hope it's patched before release lol. (now imagine being near 3 or 4 of em. /shiver

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Spy View Post
    mini satele bug.

Lol that made me laugh so hard, she was like 2inches tall....i loved he sith who killed all his men cos he thought they were plotting against him, when they were doing a suprise party for him lol

Deleted
    Had a lot of fun doing Black Talon with a couple of other players who both wanted to choose all the harsh dialogue options.

At one point my Imperial Agent(who sounds like Simon Cowell) says "What are you doing to do? Cry?" to one of the crew of the ship. There's a few dialogue options I always hope I win the roll on because they make me laugh every time. Coupled with like minded people and stupid party chat can make Flashpoints hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    When I was playing on Hutta I saw some things that made me crack a smile.

Hun Duo vs Greepo
    http://i.imgur.com/p061s.jpg

Also sitting close by is this
    http://torwars.com/wp-content/upload...8-46-10-76.jpg

These are not my pics btw.
    Noticed this too, it was a very nice surprise

As a Sith warrior, I just love how Vette adds humour in the most awkward moments. Loved to taze her ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    i loved he sith who killed all his men cos he thought they were plotting against him, when they were doing a suprise party for him lol
    Oh that too. Haha.