How long to go from ilvl 346-350 to be able to do the new 5 mans and LFR?

I'm just getting back into the game in terms of the end game stuff. How many LFD 5 mans would I have to do to get up to the minimum ilvl to do the new 5mans (what is the min ilvl anyway?). Assume I have no access to raids except LFR and will not use PVP gear to cheat the system. Also it's safe to assume I will not buy gear from the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Afaik the minimum for the new dungeons is 353 and 372 for LFR.

Number of dungeons...? Check prices, add together valor/justice and see about how much you get per run
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

But cheating the system with pvp gear is fun ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    I'm just getting back into the game in terms of the end game stuff. How many LFD 5 mans would I have to do to get up to the minimum ilvl to do the new 5mans (what is the min ilvl anyway?). Assume I have no access to raids except LFR and will not use PVP gear to cheat the system. Also it's safe to assume I will not buy gear from the AH.
    Depending on your class "cheating the system" with PVP gear could mean ignoring one of the top 5 non-raid pieces for any given slot due to an irrational prejudice against PVP gear.

Have you ever stopped to consider that yes, resilience is wasted in a 5 man dungeon and is a secondary stat. EVERY raider in LFD has hit far in excess of what is needed for LFD level bosses and is therefore just as useless as resilience. So a few PVP pieces with useless resilience are no less powerful (and often times more powerful for you due ilvl and set bonuses on primary stats) than a PVE piece with hit that is useless.

So if you're not a plate tank and want to be a martyr over a prejudice based on 3.X thinking, go ahead. But before you do, go look at stat weights and see how much heavier the weight for AGI, INT, and STR are over secondary stats. A few pieces of PVP gear will easily clear the ilvl barrier for you without hurting you.

Or just go buy some of the numerous 378s on the AH for thousands of gold if you really really have to save your false pride.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Depending on your class "cheating the system" with PVP gear could mean ignoring one of the top 5 non-raid pieces for any given slot due to an irrational prejudice against PVP gear.

Have you ever stopped to consider that yes, resilience is wasted in a 5 man dungeon and is a secondary stat. EVERY raider in LFD has hit far in excess of what is needed for LFD level bosses and is therefore just as useless as resilience. So a few PVP pieces with useless resilience are no less powerful (and often times more powerful for you due ilvl and set bonuses on primary stats) than a PVE piece with hit that is useless.

So if you're not a plate tank and want to be a martyr over a prejudice based on 3.X thinking, go ahead. But before you do, go look at stat weights and see how much heavier the weight for AGI, INT, and STR are over secondary stats. A few pieces of PVP gear will easily clear the ilvl barrier for you without hurting you.

Or just go buy some of the numerous 378s on the AH for thousands of gold if you really really have to save your false pride.
    If someone is over the hit cap in Heroic Dungeons, it's not because they have too much on their gear. It's because they're too stupid to reforge.

Sounds like someone is butthurt people kick them from dungeons because they think PvP gear is OK in PvE :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

I am a tank DK so I don't think this is a good idea. I appreciate that for others this may be okay.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say a solid afternoon of honor farming should be plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    If someone is over the hit cap in Heroic Dungeons, it's not because they have too much on their gear. It's because they're too stupid to reforge.
    You do realize the hit cap in dungeons for ranged is like 10% lower than raids, right? If you were raid capped, you couldn't reforge enough hit to get heroic cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ima say that, with PvP gear over PvE, there is a loss of 50% of secondary stats. HOWEVER, 390 ilvl pvp gear >>> 353/359 ilvl PvE gear, and certain 378 pieces, depending. (Weapon). Only part where this is wrong is Trinkets, lower ilvl trinkets generally beat higher ilvl trinkets due a combo of both a pure throughput increase effect and pure stats, instead of resil/throughput, or throughput/pvp effect.

So, the gain of what could be 100 of your primary stat easily outwieghs the loss of 100 of ANY secondary stat, and you can replace those PvP pieces with valor pieces, or LFR pieces later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your class. Most DPS classes Int/Agil/Str highly outweighs any secondary stat so doing the new 5 man's or even LFR with PVP pieces isn't really that big of a deal considering how of your primary stat getting the i377 gear pieces provide. I crafted up some PVP gear so my newly 85 mage can queue and don't feel bad about it one bit.

Healers and Tanks I would say can't get away with it 'as' much since spirit (healers) and mastery/parry/dodge (tanks) have enough mana regen or mitigation to make it through the fights. Based on how easy the new 5man + LFR stuff is I'm not sure if this is a problem though either.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Depends on your class. Most DPS classes Int/Agil/Str highly outweighs any secondary stat so doing the new 5 man's or even LFR with PVP pieces isn't really that big of a deal considering how of your primary stat getting the i377 gear pieces provide. I crafted up some PVP gear so my newly 85 mage can queue and don't feel bad about it one bit.

Healers and Tanks I would say can't get away with it 'as' much since spirit (healers) and mastery/parry/dodge (tanks) have enough mana regen or mitigation to make it through the fights. Based on how easy the new 5man + LFR stuff is I'm not sure if this is a problem though either.
    I just main switched from warrior to druid tank due to raid composition. Check out the helm and shoulders I used to get 6 / 8 Dragon Soul last night:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ck/Oreb/simple

I ridiculously outgeared the 3 bosses I did in LFR on him yesterday. PVP gear is fine.

Turns out, i started at about ilvl 350, so half blues and first epics. so turns out that the dungeon finder uses your highest ilvl so i had some pvp stuff in the bags that allowed me to run DF for the new heroics. After two days of the holy crap easy new heroics, I got a JP gloves, and about 5 useful drops out of about 10 dungeons runs (be prepared if you have not run these to have really crappy drop rates, there is not much tank gear). Also there are a ton of rewards just for doing the quests, mostly its healer gear, i think 1 was a tank piece.

Anyway long story short i'm now at 372 and ready for LFR.

Sounds like someone is butthurt people kick them from dungeons because they think PvP gear is OK in PvE :-/
    This is hillarious
    Ecce homo ergo elk

And it sounds like you are butthurt cause you get destroyed on the meters by players using a few PVP items.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, several people in my Guild went from the 350 range to 372 in about 2 1/2 hours last night. Very easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.