Thread: Monitor Brand

Monitor Brand

Has anyone heard of a monitor brand called BENQ? Are they any good? Bad?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824014246

Quote Originally Posted by obiwannknowlton View Post
    Has anyone heard of a monitor brand called BENQ? Are they any good? Bad?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824014246
    They're probably the better of the "inexpensive" brands imo. I have a 23" BenQ and a 19" BenQ...the 19" is like 8 years old and it still works great.

Yes i heard of them and they are quite good actually. But as allways low price is a little less quality, but in my opinion a BenQ is just fine.

Deleted
    They make some decent monitors, but it's always helpful to read some monitor reviews so you can get a good perspective

I used the 'Monitors' section on hardforum to check out some monitor reviews before I committed to the Samsung S23A700D.

BenQ was one of the only brands I knew up until a few years ago. Coincidentally, I do own and use a BenQ-monitor right now.
    The one you linked there is probably a poor choice. Not only is it a low resolution (1920x1080), TN-panels make little sense for a monitor above 24" - especially as it still only achieves 8ms GTG.

I had a 17" BenQ monitor that I purchased in 2003. It's still working fine.

Deleted
    my primary monitor is a Benq 22", upgraded from a samsung 20", benq seems really good so far, especially for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    BenQ was one of the only brands I knew up until a few years ago. Coincidentally, I do own and use a BenQ-monitor right now.
    The one you linked there is probably a poor choice. Not only is it a low resolution (1920x1080), TN-panels make little sense for a monitor above 24" - especially as it still only achieves 8ms GTG.
    According to the details page the panel type is VA. Am I reading it wrong? The linked monitor seems to have everything I need except I'm a little worried about the 8ms Response Time. Is there a big difference (2 to 5 to 8)?

Quote Originally Posted by obiwannknowlton View Post
    According to the details page the panel type is VA. Am I reading it wrong? The linked monitor seems to have everything I need except I'm a little worried about the 8ms Response Time. Is there a big difference (2 to 5 to 8)?
    That is true. My bad. I even saw the "EW"-branding and then forgot about it.
    You are indeed correct. It's a VA-panel, and while the resolution is a bit eh in that size (I find 1920x1080 blocky even in 24"), it's suddenly a lot more attractive.

VA-panels make fantastic movie- and great gaming screen. The 8ms for a VA-panel in that size is actually a bit more impressive.

Deleted
    I have 3 BenQ's, two 22" and one 25", all 1080p. And I totally love em.

I have a BenQ, works totally fine. It's a bit old now though I think.