The greatest raid encounter in the history of gaming.

Pretend you are before the blizzard dev team and you have 5 minutes to explain your take on a boss encounter. Provide the "Boss, location, and the unique-ness" of the actual encounter. Here's mine.

I would implement probably the boss of all bossses.. Sargeras
    And it would be a 100 man raid (hear me out) Would require the raid force of 4 25 man guilds withthe 25 man set up (2 tanks, 5 heals, rest DPS x4)
    so 8 tanks, 20 heals, 72 DPS

A portal opens in one centralized location somewhere in the world, we find out this portal is a calling from the pantheon were the gods reside calling aid to defeat sargeras final assault..Himself, no more influence on demons to do his bidding, it's actually him this time. Regardless of lore, sargeras finally found a way to pass through the realms with his body in tact and has the intent to finally come to Azeroth and destroy all life as we know it.

The gods open a portal to the pantheon "the calling" and the guilds about to partake in this encounter would go through to present themselves as the champions of Azeroth to stop Sargeras. Going through the portal you would see a massive environment with the gods sitting in elevated thrones before the players telling them that "You can only request the Aid from 2 of the council" so the guilds need to decide which gods they want to assist them. Each god would be beneficial in a different way.

After speaking to the god and requesting their assistance one of those gods will create another portal to the twisting nether where Sargeras resides in anticipation of a likely attack.

Players would slow fall through (top to bottom "ground") to allow the visual "awe aspect" of how large Sargeras actually is. When players are on the ground a gauntlet would start, legions of demons attacking the raid while the Gods selected distract Sargeras while the raid group defeats the demon assault. While fighting off the hordes the players will see the gods fighting sargeras in probably the most epic of all battles. About three minutes into the fight, the gauntlet is over and the gods are slowly defeated. In a last effort one of the gods wounds Sargeras knowing that the rest is up to the raid group to finish him off while he is wounded. (Essentially the gods sacrifice themselves to allow the group to defeat sargeras)

Now the fun begins. All the tanks stack to mitigate together the heavy insane cleave damage Sargeras does, ranged would attack certain exposed target areas of Sargeras..Attacking other areas will do no damage..So if he is casting an ability, he would raise his head back and expose his neck for 30 seconds..Allowing for dps to hit the area, as well as healers to prepare for the mass AoE damage about to follow. Then he would go back to the tanks exposing his back to the melee and ranged... Consistent AoE damage from just being in his presence, Heavy tank cleave damage, mass AoE attack every 30 seconds, and a "unique" special ability.

Unique boss ability= Player sacrifice, a player must sacrifice themselves to prevent a boss ability that will wipe the raid completly.. So everytime the boss is going to use his ultiamte ability, the player who will be sacrificed would do something to increase his damage done by probably clicking something next to the boss that will trigger his own demise, and giving him a blessing of the gods..(45 seconds of 100% increased damage and crit..when debuff expires the player dies and is Not able to be rezzed) So the player must time the buff perfectly in sinc to the boss ability, to many people using the ability will result in not enough damage to boss and wiping the raid.. So the timing of this will be essential.

And then when Sargeras gets to a low enough health he would activate an ability that makes him immune to everything. Then the head god will rpesent himself and do an ability that "re-spawns" the essence of the defeated.. So all the end game bosses would ressurect and would attack Sargeras. (His immunity would only be penetrable by those of his own influence or who have experienced death since the seeting is the twisting nether) So it would make sense for all the bosses the raid has defeated to spawn and work together to defeat the boss... So basically the raid gets him to 25% HP the fight is over, and we watch another epic battle as Sargeras troops betray him.

Yogg saron would debuff sargeras to allow the other bosses to do more damage, Arthas would spawn and defile the ground below sargeras, death wing would hover above and blow fire on him causing him to burn over time, kill jaedon would spawn (full body) and summon ragnaros then they would tag team mellee the crap out of him, Illidan would spawn in demon form with glaives in tact and just go crazy.

yeah its all over the top and not possible to make this at all... But damn, to me this would be the greatest thing ever!
    Hope someone took time to actually read all of this.. haha

Your turn, what encounter would you make?

Deleted
    wait, let me get this straight, you want a 100 man raid encounter. i can see a lot of things wrong with that:

1) first off, for some underpopulated servers, 100 man would either require cross-faction groups or even cross-server groups. there are realms out there that don't even have enough players to fill a /who 85.
    2) assuming that the server has enough population, the current raid UI doesn't even allow for more than 40 players. so you would require a complete rework of the UI to account for 100 players. even if you're just with 4 separate 25 man groups, the logistics of getting this to work are massive.
    3) there will be a lot of lag, especially with your setup. first off, you got 100 players who are sending off spells and attacks on average 1X/second (and 25 or so pets as well). then, you got the persistent AoE damage that probably ticks once every 1-2 seconds, which is again 100 logs per second. this also means your 20 healers will be casting AoE heals non-stop, which is 100 per second (AoE heals generally hit 5 targets). then you got the heavy AoE every 30 seconds. then you got trash at the start that's equally network intensive. so count that up, that's at least 100 from casts, another 100 from damaging spells, 100 from the AoE, 100 from healing, that's 400 combat log events per second, not counting the heavy AoE every 30 seconds, the trash and the boss damage.
    4) how long would this fight be? i take it you want 1 DPS to sacrifice himself every 45 seconds, at least. 72 DPS, and if you want the DPS race to be challenging, that should be just enough. else people would just overpower it with 10 healers per raid or something. so you want to kill at least 50 players (and players don't like to die). that's 37 minutes and 30 seconds of combat. and i thought 10 minutes for ragnaros was enough.
    5) another interesting idea would be the boss HP. with an average of 48 DPS (because you basically have 45 seconds of double DPS for 1 player at a time), each doing 50K DPS, and 8 tanks doing 20K each, that's 2.5M raidwide DPS. for a 37 minute fight, that's 5,550,000,000 HP. 5.5 billion HP. and that's only 25% of the boss HP. so his total HP would be over 7 billion. and Blizz already complains that their servers are struggling with the calculations.
    6) how will you coordinate 100 players? if half of them needs to die, you first spend about half an hour setting up death orders and healing assignments. then, you'll need to make sure that all 100 players are ready and prepared.
    7) all the end bosses? what you're saying is that we spend 37 minutes beating on sargeras and yet we can't kill him ourself? could you name 1 other boss or high-level quest target that involves the players beating him low before NPCs kill him, instead of the other way around? the lich king, kil'jaeden, illidan, ragnaros 2.0, even the upcoming deathwing fight let the players finish the boss, instead of the lore-related NPCs killing him.
    8) loot distribution: so once the boss is dead, how are you going to deal with loot? given that it's the final boss you'll ever face, why even bother giving loot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    wait, let me get this straight, you want a 100 man raid encounter. i can see a lot of things wrong with that:
    This is a really long and detailed explanation for why his idea is really bad. I respect that.

Nice try Blizzard. Nice try.

Deleted
    stars would get that world first, since they already have an insane amount of raiders

Sounds terrible considering how laggy it's going to be since there will be 100 players.

15+ Year Old Account
    greatest encounter ever.

kil'jeaden, muru, 0light yogg with c'thun inside his stomach, 0% LK, 4 horsemen, SSC elevator, and flame wreaths. all in one encounter. as a 40m raid

I stopped reading at 100 man raid encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I stopped reading at 100 man raid encounter
    Basically this
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    If u are willing from example merging the 32-40 europe servers , into 10-12 megaservers, while without worry that<<u will show a wickness to ur oponents>> , y its a great idea .