10+ Year Old Account

ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe LGA 1155 seating CPU problems.

Hola senors. I recently bought that mobo in the title and a i5 2500k cpu and been having some serious issues trying to seat the CPU into the socket, and before you give the "putting it in the wrong way tard" answers I am putting it into the socket correctly, arrow to arrow and the little notches line up. The problem is when I try to lower the tension arm it feels like I'm going to break either the board or the chip, I stopped messing with it when it started to scratch the top of the cpu and show some of the sliver under the paint. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem or if I have a defective motherboard.

Mine did this, had a msi gd55 g3 board though, scratched the top a bit but nothing wrong with it to date
    Wait for a couple of other people to reply before forcing it though.

I have the exact same board as you. I seriously thought the mobo would snap in half or the cpu latching lever was going to rip off. I had to put a good amount of pressure on it to make it go. I didn't scrape my chip though :-/ Just give it some good ol' elbow grease and it "should" lock.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    There’s even been a John Oliver segment on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the responses, it was really starting to freak me out lol.