Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I should also mention that I absolutely do not plan on this being the only game I play until MoP comes out. Since Cata has been released, I have played Bastion, LIMBO, Fallout: New Vegas + all DLC, Dragon Age: Origins + all DLC, Bioshock 2, Portal 2 + Co-op + co-op DLC, Team Fortress 2, The Witcher, and Borderlands + all DLC. I definitely plan on playing Diablo 3 for quite a bit long before MoP is released. Heart of the Swarm as well, assuming it gets released before MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    What do you guys think? Will this raid hold you till MoP hits in june, july, or august?

Is it worth $90-120?
    I think mop is likely to come out november 2012.
    So i know it wont hold that many for that long, and where are all the quests? inside it feels like nothing changes in the world even though the final boss is here.

Its all inside the instance, its strange.

Doubt it, with the huge subscription loss, and the overall progress they showed us at Blizzcon this is likely to be released around July-September

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I think mop is likely to come out november 2012.
    So i know it wont hold that many for that long, and where are all the quests? inside it feels like nothing changes in the world even though the final boss is here.

Its all inside the instance, its strange.
    No, that's absurd. November? I would guess April or May.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I bought a movie the other day and watched it at 16x speed.

I didn't enjoy it, and it was over too quickly.

Stupid movie.
    Did "Put the fucking lotion in the basket!" sound like "PTFKNGLTNNTHBSKTAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAHHHHHH!!!!" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Why are people so surprised that even casual guilds are full clearing the place in the first day or two? As easy as LFR may be, it still gave players a good understanding of how the boss mechanics worked before they even stepped foot into normal.

Only if it would be at least like in Naxx or Ulduar. There was even proper loot tables on that time, so even if you couldn't clear half of the raid, you could farm the first easy bosses for few weeks to get enough gear for the rest of them. I remember there was even like 4 different boots droppable from same naxx 25man boss.

Yeah, I know naxx could have been raided with blues or even with some sunwell gear, but I think that was the fault of directly copying damages of the abilities from the 60lvl 40man version and not tuning them up.

However on Ulduar it was perfect, that the first 4 easy bosses could nearly give you enough of everything if you invested time for them to have stable progression to the next few bosses. NOT like in firelands "oh, Only shoulders I can get here is tier ones, dropping from 2nd last boss of the instance, damn!".

IMHO That's the root of the problem - on cataclysm a Raid has to be tuned down to lower gear ilvl's because you can only get items for every socket if you can clear the instance 100%... Ulduar hardmodes were also nice since not only they gave chance for a better gear, but it was also unique, not just with upgraded stats. So you could actually have more than 2 dropable trinkets and stuff. Now you just take all they give since they don't even provide every loot on the raid now (looking for you cloaks and belts since FL and now the same thing with necks too i'm afraid).

Of course there is the valor vendor for that now (for all that missing gear from loot table), but for some reason they still make the raid very easy on normal mode and painfully have to give you these stupid caps for valors (what is also too fast capped btw), not being able to buy ANYTHING on first week from the vendor at all. :P
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2011-12-02 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Normal modes have been a joke since the start of Cataclysm -- why should this be any different? Heroic mode is for people that want a challenge.

On-topic: No, it won't last me 7-9 months. It probably won't last me more than a few weeks, since I stopped playing on a regular basis prior to 4.3. It is, however, fun for now and I will enjoy it as long as I want. I'm not going to burn myself out on it.

Also, it probably won't need to last 7-9 months, since we have a new expansion coming soon.
    Did you down Heroic Rag first week? First month? First 2 months?
    How about Sinestra?

Have you downed ANY of the heroic bosses currently in Dragon Soul?
    If not tell me how to do this.

I will admit while they were easy 6-8 are enjoyable, and are a bit and noticeably tougher than the first 5.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuiso View Post
    Did you down Heroic Rag first week? First month? First 2 months?
    How about Sinestra?

Have you downed ANY of the heroic bosses currently in Dragon Soul?
    If not tell me how to do this.

I will admit while they were easy 6-8 are enjoyable, and are a bit and noticeably tougher than the first 5.
    I found Ultraxion to be way harder than 6 and 7.

Deleted
    have blizzard made any announcements about their plan? if they plan on having 4.3 last us until 5.0 or are they planning on having a surprise patch inbetween, becuase if they want 4.3 to last until 5.0 which will likely be may (at the earliest) that a long time again, and players are going to get pissed, they promised us more and quicker content releases. nobody wants a repeat of ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    no way lol even if DS was harder than this I would still not be able to handle 7-9 months of it, that's so long lol, will probably be here for another 3 months then just take a 6 month break again

It literally took us 1 hour to get to MoD with only 1 run on PTR. Shame MoD is bugged out the arsehole and doesn't like to P2 slam his head down. Or apparently drop loot for the people who he does grace with a close up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.