Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    This isn't at all like 13/13 T11 guilds clearing FL reg on launch day back in August. Guilds that were 1/7H post-nerf fully cleared DS yesterday.

DS is on Naxx-80 level of easy. Actually, it's probably easier, since Naxx at least had the dancemaster to block progression for a few wipes.
    You're overstating things by a large amount. My 6/7h pre-nerf guild went in last night and cleared 6/8 (due to time constraints). We didn't have that many wipes (no more than 2-3 on a select few bosses), but the fights weren't the kind of faceroll that you're suggesting.

Yes, the fights are pretty easy so far. No, they're not Naxx levels of easy.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Hey remember what you tell us Rift guys....Quality of quantity. I am sure it will get harder. It can't be that bad.
    Sorry didn't quite understand that. Do you mean RIFT prefers Quantity over quality or vice-versa compared to wow? Because honestly, by the looks of this patch, Blizzard didn't care for both.

And yes, this patch does seem much more easier than even patch 4.2. My predictions about the LFR were correct (i lol at the idiots who actually thought Blizzard was going to make the LFR hard). The trailer seems useless, well for a final patch.

4.3 cost you about $75.00 which doesn't seem too bad.

Now MoP will cost you $90(release in 6 months) ~ $150.00 (release in 10 months which is how long it took from lich->cata). On top of that you are going to pay ~$60.00 for the game itself. So if you stick around until MoP you will have payed a grand total of $150.0~$210.00 for the MoP expansion.

So 4.3 I think is a decent price if it lasts you a month or you get 75 hours of game play from it. But to stick it through MoP seems like a waste of money unless you are one of those people that play WoW over 24 hours a week. If you play casually (9 hours a week) I would say its not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Normal modes have been a joke since the start of Cataclysm -- why should this be any different? Heroic mode is for people that want a challenge.

On-topic: No, it won't last me 7-9 months. It probably won't last me more than a few weeks, since I stopped playing on a regular basis prior to 4.3. It is, however, fun for now and I will enjoy it as long as I want. I'm not going to burn myself out on it.

Also, it probably won't need to last 7-9 months, since we have a new expansion coming soon.
    Orly?

The MS Paint sketches of the new dungeons, the ideas they tossed out with little to no actual art work being done for them, the posts they keep making about "This still needs a lot of work" etc etc...

I don't know, to me seems like it will be a bit anyways, 7-9 months seems best case scenario.

I guess your idea of "soon" and mine are probably a little different, but that's cool. I don't think 4.3 offers enough to last to 5.0, however, as I alrdy stated that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

I actually love the fact that LFR is EZ - that's exactly what it was meant to be and is perfectly fine that the first four bosses are able to be done in 45 minutes...

But...beating the normal modes on the first night? No... that is not what I was expecting at all and think it should be slightly harder if that's true.

If anything, it should've been more like 1 or possibly 2 bosses a raid night... tops.

Heroic should still punch you in the face and laugh at you. :P

Hopefully not... Im late for a raid that started 1 hour agao....3 normal bosses dead in that timespace...

I know heroics are there yet, but this is ridiculous..

it's funny that if the fights were actually difficult the exact same people would be here saying how they are too hard and can't be completed on a limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Sorry didn't quite understand that. Do you mean RIFT prefers Quantity over quality or vice-versa compared to wow? Because honestly, by the looks of this patch, Blizzard didn't care for both.

And yes, this patch does seem much more easier than even patch 4.2. My predictions about the LFR were correct (i lol at the idiots who actually thought Blizzard was going to make the LFR hard). The trailer seems useless, well for a final patch.
    That is the reasoning everyone uses for the 6 month release schedule Blizz seems to be hooked on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    absolutely not... we one shot 2 out of the 4 bosses we did last night. 3-4 shot the other 2 (8/10 of us were there without seeing the fights before or watching vids)

the instance so far has been a joke
    Normal mode is normal.

You want hard, do Heroic.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Normal mode is normal.

You want hard, do Heroic.
    Normal mode is far from normal any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Normal mode is far from normal any more.
    Blizzard definition of Normal is like Pablum is to a Steak.

Well at the beginning of Firelands, we didn't down Shannox in the entire first week (Granted the trash respawn time was still 2 hours. First day of Dragon Soul we have 3 bosses down... And not to mention all the awful 10 man guilds that are 7/8 bosses already.

We'll farm for a good month and a half and get bored. Hopefully Mists Beta will be out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how anyone could be shocked about it being easy.

Blizzard has been going to the "Do nothing, get everything" direction for a while
    now. I doubt it'll last for more than a couple of months at best. Yes, there is heroic
    mode, but the casual crowd most likely isn't interested of it.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard saw this coming and thus they offered this annual deal. It
    doesn't matter if the content is lacking if people are bound for 12 months by a contract.

This is what happens when you take a chunk of money off development and invest it
    on marketing instead. The company gets more money for a while, but will eventually
    crumble down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    absolutely not... we one shot 2 out of the 4 bosses we did last night. 3-4 shot the other 2 (8/10 of us were there without seeing the fights before or watching vids)

the instance so far has been a joke
    Hardmode?

No?

Sounds normal to me then. This instance isn't a joke. You and you're guild should be doing heroic, not normal.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    ...the posts they keep making about "This still needs a lot of work" etc etc...
    This point means nothing.

They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion is in the final stages.

Hardmode?

No?

Sounds normal to me then. This instance isn't a joke. You and you're guild should be doing heroic, not normal.

They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion is in the final stages.
    They can't do heroic?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

WoW is shit go play skyrim

Mod Note: Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2011-12-01 at 12:50 AM.

7/7 Firelands 6/7HM Firelands
    13/13 T11
    ​Glory of The Cataclysm Raider

Quote Originally Posted by WaddlezSparx View Post
    Aren't the NMs 'balanced' around a FL NM ilvl (~378) & not FL HM (~389-391+)?
    There's even more weight to your argument, more like ~368-369 for normal modes. It's never been necessary to have absolutely every slot filled from the previous raid. The rule of thumb that has held up pretty much exactly since the beginning of WoW endgame raiding was half from the last tier and half from the tier before that.

Hardmode?

No?

Hehe ok. Flame on there buddy, was just pointing some things out. Could you go find me the dungeon maps they were flaunting at Blizzcon? How about some of the new boss models? The mechanics of the classes?

It's just personal feelings, I think Blizzard has done great with WoW, but as I stated: /chuckle at the super fierce defenders. You don't need to justify to me why you are hard up for panda bears, just play the game and enjoy yourself.

But... last I checked... "final stages" would mean they at least would have preorder.. available? No? I don't know, just going by 20+ years of gaming experience, I guess we'll see MoP by Valentine's Day. Whodda thunk it?

Later edit: I actually think I'm going to quote you and put the date of your post in my sig, the "final stages" thing. It's going to keep me chuckling for a bit, hope you don't mind.
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    No, I saw this lack of content before the patch hit and I'm a subscriber no more =)
    So why are you still posting and thinking about WoW? Sounds like you're not ready to move on yet.

Deleted
    Ok, maybe I don't understand this right, but didn't Blizzard make LFR so people who wanted an "easy" mode could raid and yet people who wanted a normal mode would get their normal difficulty back? Yet now I see some ... well let's call them "not so elite" guilds down Deathwing normal? You know, at least with Firelands only elite guilds downed it in first day, but now even medium guilds breeze through it?

I am now sure that if Blizzard doesn't throw you something else or raise difficulty... you will have nothing to do for the next 6-7 months but farm an easy raid.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    I don't understand how anyone could be shocked about it being easy.

Blizzard has been going to the "Do nothing, get everything" direction for a while
    now. I doubt it'll last for more than a couple of months at best. Yes, there is heroic
    mode, but the casual crowd most likely isn't interested of it.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard saw this coming and thus they offered this annual deal. It
    doesn't matter if the content is lacking if people are bound for 12 months by a contract.

This is what happens when you take a chunk of money off development and invest it
    on marketing instead. The company gets more money for a while, but will eventually
    crumble down.
    Fully agreed with this.