Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

LFR heavily undertuned

So, just been doing LFR on an alt, i was the only person in there who did the raid before (was bored after we cleared normal 8/8 on mains).
    That makes it 24 people who didn't even see the place before.

We oneshotted all 4 bosses, of which 2 bosses where even ninjapulled before i was finished explaining tactics.
    We even had Yor'Saw absorbing all 3 slimes 2 times.

The only boss anyone died on was Hagara (some people couldn't move from the ice).

I seriously think this stuff is way undertuned, i mean the raid was easy on normal, but LFR mode is just stupid as it is atm, you actually have to try hard if you want to wipe in there. I really hope they will buff it at least a little bit, to have a small amount of challenge on my alt's raiding.

Well Blizzard said they want the difficulty of the LFR to be on par with the difficulty of BH, so, that is to be expected.

LFR undertuned. Are you serious?

It's been nicknamed Looking for Derp mode for a reason it's meant to be easy.

Water is heavily saturated.

It's MEANT to be easy. It's meant to be "you didn't royally amazingly obscenely badly screw up, you're fine." You had done it before and knew tactics. That's MORE than what you're expected to have for LFR. It's for seeing the content.

If you didn't want easy, GTFO of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    Well Blizzard said they want the difficulty of the LFR to be on par with the difficulty of BH, so, that is to be expected.
    Ppl still wipe in BH... LFR... erm... at least I didnt on my alt.

People will complain about anything. As far as I know, the point of LFR is so the "Casuals" can raid and see endgame content. If you want a challenge then do Hard modes. I personally am excited that I will get a chance to see some of the endgame content since my schedule wont allow me to raid like I used to. I mean I still have yet to even see or kill the Lich King.

Hi Voidmaster, I would like to direct you to this Blue post:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4023602

Q.Who is Raid Finder for?
    A. Raid Finder is primarily intended for players who don’t already raid consistently. These are players who may not have had the opportunity to take part in raid content due to scheduling conflicts, playtime constraints, limited access to other raid-capable players, or a lack of experience with higher-end content. These players may want to experience World of Warcraft’s raid content and storyline without being able to commit to the additional time investment of a raiding guild. The Raid Finder is also a great way to quickly and easily gear up alternate characters without having to worry about raid lockouts.

By these standards, LFR fits the bill. The idea is to 'quickly and easily' gear up your alts, or allow people without raiding experience to see content. While it might have been boring for someone who has already cleared it on normal such as yourself, I'm sure a lot of those folks were having a great time downing new bosses.

Most of the people running it right now are overgeared for the instance.

Edit: overgeared and overskilled.
    Last edited by Auloria; 2011-11-30 at 09:39 PM.

I don't really have a problem with a gearing mechanism for my alts being faceroll. LFR is not progression, lfr is a loot vehicle for players who have a raiding guild or for players who can not raid otherwise. Besides, I'm not sure what types of mechanics you're hoping for when dealing with 25 people who have limited communication.

You'll get some of the better players trying it out at the beginning. I'm sure as more and more people with terrible gear start to do it, it will be a bit harder. Ok, maybe not.

Deleted
    Well, being easy is one thing, i can understand LFR being easy.

But atm theres absolutely no challenge in it at all, it's easier than running a 5man heroic....

I forgot to mention that you're running it with characters that basically had or were close to 372 pre patch, which means people who put at least some effort into getting their character equipped. You don't yet have the clumsy horrible players that will arrive over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Most of the people running it right now are overgeared for the instance.
    This. My guild was doing a little bit of heroics in Firelands (we each have a handful of 391 gears, the rest 378), and like 7 of us queued up for a LFR on release day. We saw folks in full 391 in there. The first couple weeks, there are gonna be serious raiders in there trying to get their set bonuses as fast as possible, and in that time you will be getting lesser-geared folks to learn the fights and get better gear themselves.

To be perfectly honest, the system is working out much better than I thought I would. I'm impressed.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Well, to be honest, if the group wipes more than once, there's a pretty likely chance it'll fall apart. People who just join in from a queue aren't as likely to stay as even a PuG member in a pre-LFR group. This is mainly because they can just hop right back into another that might be more successful. So I guess you could consider it a good thing that you one-shotted everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Wow people will really argue about anything on the internet.

Whats next?
    Pepsi vs Holy Pally which would win?
    Apple Mac vs Justin Bieber?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    I really hope they will buff it at least a little bit, to have a small amount of challenge on my alt's raiding.
    If you want a challenge on your alt, be like normal people and run an alt raid.

i resubscribed after 2 months just to check it and had quiet a bit of fun to my great surprise, yeah im sure it will get old super fast but hey i saw the new with out having to go to all the work of finding a raiding guild and showing up 3 times a week. i only wish they limited you to one loot per raid unless everyone else passes on the second one. the other hunter got 3 items and i got 0 =( which was a bit sad since i was top dps on each fight and never in the top 15 damage taken but it took like 30 mins max and im hopeful about next week. (IMO LFR should not have a lock out, let us farm it, i mean that what it is after all no?) the bigest thing i think they need to focus on is getting rid of some of the RNG of PVE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoeternity View Post
    If you want a challenge on your alt, be like normal people and run an alt raid.
    Our guild doesn't really run alt raids, most of the raiders just log in for raiding and log out to play other games after the main raid is over. The only people online outside raid times are usually the few pvp'ers in the guild. I am actually one of the few if not only person in the guild who even plays alts at max lvl ;p

That is perfectly fine.. Its a perfect way of helping the casuals and have their little share of fun and gear.

Your solution is have fun with a regular raid.