Staff VS 1 hand + offhand

Just curious... For modern pvp purposes why would someone (disc priest specifically) buy a staff VS a one hander and offhand? Versus each individual stat it's roughly a 6 stat difference (402 vs 408)... If there are 5 stats with that difference I still find it hard to believe it would be worth the loss in raw spellpower.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    it isnt, thats why everyone gets the 1hander and offhand. last season with the staff vs the 1h and offhand there's minimal differences, maybe 10 stam here, 20 resil there. but the main difference is the ability to get 40 extra int from the offhand enchant.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Buying the staff allows you to have more spirit which is very important for specific healing classes such as yourself. I find myself being fine in arena with 1650-1750 spirit, however i have a Darkmoon Card: Tsunami.

10+ Year Old Account
    you would NEVER notice a difference. it would not make or break anything to have staff over mh/oh. to me, it is purely ascetics and i think staffs look way better than a mh/oh. you stand out from every other caster. and you will most certainly get people bugging you at least once a week saying "why did you go staff instead of mh/oh" when there's really no right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    it isnt, thats why everyone gets the 1hander and offhand. last season with the staff vs the 1h and offhand there's minimal differences, maybe 10 stam here, 20 resil there. but the main difference is the ability to get 40 extra int from the offhand enchant.
    That's why
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Comparing the two (Ruthless 391):
    Staff: 9sta / 135 spi
    VS
    MH+OH: 33 int / 131 crit

So it generally comes down to how much you value spirit over int and especially crit. This is with the 40int enchant on OH, since the staff has 7 intellect more then the combination.