Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Guild wars 2 Dungeons

Ok so what do you guys think will me the most wanted profession for doing dungeons at the higher levels?

Every profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every profession.
    The goal is the make every profession as viable as the next. A group of all Elementalists should be able to beat a dungeon, and a group with 5 different professions should be able to beat that same dungeon. What differs is the approach the group takes to the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, seeing as how every profession should be able to do the same job as any other profession, it's just going to be about what kind of class you prefer to play. That or what gear you think looks the coolest. I've always played a warlock/necro/shadowpriest type of class so I'm going to play a necro in this game.

Deleted
    Without any form of a classical "roles" I don't think any profession is going to be considered essential.

Some are obviously going to rarer than others, but I don't think they'll be more thought-after.

If you want to play a "rare" class, I'd look at some of the less archetypal professions like the Engineer or Necromancer.

Guardian. Not because they're actually necessary, but there are sure to be a good amount of idiots that will THINK they will be.

I think the players that are the best at Control will be wanted the most. They'll make dungeons a lot less painful for everyone else.

Warriors.

Because warriors.

and more warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will demand there be at least one person in the group that can create pretty explosions for me to look at in awe as i roll around the room shooting my shortbow at people... so probably elem if you're going by my opinion lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I will demand there be at least one person in the group that can create pretty explosions for me to look at in awe as i roll around the room shooting my shortbow at people... so probably elem if you're going by my opinion lol
    Your poor pet will have to sit in the explosions...but their attacks will do extra fire damage because of it. GW2 logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    Guardian. Not because they're actually necessary, but there are sure to be a good amount of idiots that will THINK they will be.
    exactly this, with elementalists (force you to go water) and engineers to a lesser extent

people are morons
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    Your poor pet will have to sit in the explosions...but their attacks will do extra fire damage because of it. GW2 logic.
    Lol the logic is flawed but I like it!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Whatever I'm playing, obviously, because we bring the player not the profession.

I'm more interested in the mechanics of explorable modes, how dynamic events work in them. Anet had one of the toughest balancing jobs ever in the original GW because of secondary professions and they did a pretty good job with it. I think that distilling everything down to a single profession, and then kind of dictating your weapon skills gives them a lot more control, all while keeping combat fun.

I'm hoping to play a mesmer, so I'm going with mesmer.

Well probably Guardians, since they can tank and although there is no trinity, tanking will still have its advantage sin dungeons.

I'm sure that there are going to be tons upon tons of people thinking that they need a Guardian in their group in order to succeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnysack2 View Post
    Well probably Guardians, since they can tank and although there is no trinity, tanking will still have its advantage sin dungeons.
    *facepalm*

This is a game that could well be bring the character not the class, its all about balance at very high levels etc, but i think damn near everything will be wanted, however i do think people will need a nice mix of professions , but no abilities will be required to kill a boss(ofc if there is a patch with a dungeon that has a hugely difficult piece of content in it, there probably one certain spell that makes it far easier and thus that prof will be taken but again that wont affect 95% of people anyway)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnysack2 View Post
    The problem with a Guardian "tanking" is that they will have among the smallest HP pool, so if you try to tank in a classical fassion you might quite likely die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm preparing my list of responses for when people ask me to tank for them (guardian).

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I'm preparing my list of responses for when people ask me to tank for them (guardian).
    Ask them "What's a tank?"