Thread: graphics issues

graphics issues

Hi, While the server was down tuesday I tried to log in. I read the note about setting your "download preferences" at the menu that comes up before you actually hit play. I made the adjustment and hit play. At that moment how the game looked changed. The hourglass was distorted and big and the screen where you put your password in look distorted and grainy. Not being able to get into the game I hoped after the patch everything will go back to normal. It has not. At that initial screen before I hit play I "restored defaults" Did not work.

My computer is a year old and is a gaming computer. Pre patch I had fabulous graphics. No other program I use is messed up like WoW is.

In game I have the graphics on "ultra". I went to the graphics and "display mode" was already on full screen. Then started playing around with the "screen revolution" at the highest setting 1920 x 1080. The graphics looked like they did before things got messed up, but all in game icons are really small, the print, everything. When I ease up on the go to 1680 x 1050 the graphics get grainy and dull. The chat box text looks like its from a cheap compter game. Yes the icons get a little bigger but compared to what I was use to the game looks horriable and is unplayable to me. Looks like I am playing donkey kong.

If I go to "display" and "windowed full screen" regardless of the resolution the graphics are crisp, but the icons do not change in size. :/

I have bartender so I can resize some things, and prat for the text, but my icon, my target, people in my group, healbott, the game menu, when I click on and item to read the text on what it is, monsters. . . everything is really small. Making the game unplayable.

I have 7 85's and can't play the game. Besides switching games. (trolls please stay away) What can I do. Via the graphics I also restored defaults to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Set your WoW to 1920x1080, and then check the UI Scale slider - it may have been changed.