Gaming Keyboard/Mouse/Headset Recommendations

Hello MMO-Champion, I am looking for a nice gaming keyboard/mouse and headset. And a nice looking mouse-pad. Anything you could recommend. I would like a K & M to have a nice red or a dark vinyl colour to it. I have a CM Storm Enforcer with red LED's and would like to keep to that 'theme' of red/dark colours. I have never bought any gaming K & M, only standard cheap ones that work.

My budget is: Not anything too extreme

Thanks, Cheers, Dank!
    Last edited by Alistairr; 2011-12-01 at 02:37 AM.

well i'm using the G35 logitech headset, which i feel is just superb. Good sound quality very comfertable to waer, and the mic is a gem for voice chat, like ventrilo TS or skype. Which is around 900DKKR

Just invested into a new mouse myself the saitek R.A.T 7 mouse. around 650DKKR

And thinking of getting the G19 keyboard Logitech, useing the G15 and it's an absolute gem. which is around 990DKKR

Now i dont know where in the world your from but just look the names up on google or wherever you get periphials from in your country for pricing.

G110 from Logitech and MicroSoft Sidewinder x4 for keyboards.
    Mouse.. does the sensor count as a red LED?

Most gaming headsets and other peripherals are black at least.

I'm currently using the Cyborg V.7 keyboard and R.A.T 7 mouse. The keyboard features 12 programmable keys, LED's which you change the color of (there's ~5 colors I believe) and metal caps on main gaming keys (WASD, space and arrow keys) to prevent wear. Very good keyboard IMO for the price of $75.00.

The mouse has extremely good customization. It features an extremely high DPI of 5600, with on the fly switching between 4 different levels that you can customize with the included software. It features replaceable pinky rests and palm rests, with different heights and grips, as well as being able to adjust the position and width of the thumb rest. For FPS, the "sniper mode" button halfs your DPI while held down to give very precise shots. Amazing mouse, and well worth the $100 I paid for it. Many people believe it's quite overpriced, however having a mouse that you can tailor to your style is priceless. The mouse when ordered from the company comes free with a huge mousepad (you may not like the graphics of it, however it's an extremely comfortable surface although very large. it's over 18" wide and 20" long.

Thanks for the replies. I have been eying these:

Keyboard: G510 or Cyborg v.7 The keyboard I have now is bulky-like and it works; however it feels strange hitting the keys.
    Mouse: Razer Naga (molten) The mouse I have now is a nice 140dkkr mouse I got 1-3 years ago.
    Headset: Nothing yet, I have one that works pretty good. I might wait on a headset, 900dkkr is a little pricey, but I could just wait for a while for an upgrade. There are some headsets around 270-600dkkr that might be enough for me.

Anyone own these? G510 and Razer Naga (molten)

Khazadhir, I am from Florida.

EDIT: That Cyborg keyboard, I heard great reviews on it from many people.
    Last edited by Alistairr; 2011-12-01 at 03:34 AM.

Well just going to put in what I'm using right now.

For my keyboard I'm using a Razer Lycosa, decent but it was kind of expensive for just the blue lights. The black stuff comes off easily, my WASD pretty much doesn't say WASD anymore. And my Space bar is actually showing some blue light. I would not recommend it.

I've had two mice so far, Razer Deathadder. Served me well for a long time ~3 years, started off with a great texture but got sticky (harhar) and even when cleaned didn't really help, the nice feltish feel also went away, it also kind of trolled me at times. Once or twice the mouse wheel button stopped working but it fixed itself after a day or so. Later the left mouse button screwed up and sometimes it would click twice or not hold the click at all. Dealt with it for ~3 weeks, ordered my current Logitech G9x for $50 and the Deathadder fixed itself.. Reliability is kind of good, other people have good experiences while others have bad.

Using the G9x though. Love this thing, feels great, only gripe at all is the wheel button is a little difficult to press. Leaving the Deathadder on the side lines in case something else happens. Recommend the G9x.

For my headset I have a Razer Carcharias, great except I have big ears and it doesn't cover up my entire ear so it aches after a while. The cushion on the headband is nice but it leaves an imprint in my hair for a long time. The mic died but good thing I bought a 1 year warranty from Best Buy and this second one has worked fine since. Except the volume dial if pushed to max makes the left earphone turn off, so I have to keep it at 99%. If you can find it for cheap I would recommend it, otherwise no.
    Last edited by OnyxRayzor; 2011-12-01 at 05:47 AM.