Anyone use a Steelseries WoW mouse?

Got a question, specifically about the Cataclysm or Legendary versions of this mouse. Is it possible to rebind the keys to keyboard commands or are they only able to bind to in-game commands? I'm thinking about getting one, but I'd like to be able to bind the side buttons to my modifiers like on my trusty MX518. From looking at screens of the software it looks like you can only bind in-game commands.

Also, does anyone know if they fixed the reliability problems of the original with the Cataclysm edition? I prefer the size and button layout of that to the Legendary.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 12:54 AM ----------

One bump before I just wait on the Cyborg MMO7.

I too am looking for input on this, as I HAVE the WOW:Cataclysm mouse and have not had luck setting it up for BF3 right now... If ANYONE knows of a standardized application that works with this Steelseries mouse PLEASE contact me! I will try to contact Steelseries directly on this matter, but after having the game a couple weeks and only able to utilize a few of the 14 perfectly placed buttons just plain SUX!!! I also use the MERC Stealth keyboard from them that has a built-in gamers control pad on the lft side, and it TOO has a ton of buttons in the right spots, however, my ""E"" key is going and causes havoc, thus I started to migrate to the Razer Nostromo which is MUCH more comfortable for long term playing (EQ, RIFT, etc.) and the ONLY complaint I have thusfar is that they could have squeezed in another row of keys abov keys 1-5 on an angle.... This wouldnt be an issue if I could use more of my many mouse buttons TBH, but it is a great fit and as with most Razer gear it works and looks great too!

Being 6'4" tall, I have larger hands and thus I have not found a more naturally fitting mouse to my hand since the original Razer Boomslang (yeah that big ole green beast!). I highly recommend this mouse if the software works for you. I HAVE used custom key binds from the "Macro" section and assigned them to keys in Everquest with success, but for some reason that work around isn't panning out for BF3. It just seems strang to build a macro to bond the key stroke of V as a "no delay" v keypress and bind it to WOW mouse button 12. My last thing to try whil I await input from Steelseries, is to get all of the cmd structure on a cheat sheet from WOW and use that to know what actual PHYSICAL key that say "Open Battle Map" is typically bound to by default ingame.... I swear companies screw themselves royally when markting strategists package awesome hardware with limiting software. Or in the case of Razer at the moment they do this wonderful thing with the new full matching set of devics for the Star Wars MMO, but do NOT make it in a black offering!! If they think that all of the extra buttons, lights, "in-game worldly designs", and so on help to sell them.... it DOES, but, complete the deal by letting those of us that may have an office or game room full of black devices "buy in" to your latest designs IMHO. If the Steelseries WOW headphones did not have such a poor review on the quality, for instance, I may have bought those if the little illuminated panels over each ear could be swapped with something NOT limited to just WoW world designs. Sorry to go off on a rant, but they honestly are selling themselves short over some minute details that we gamers may cause us to avoid that purchase.... and it is NOT like there is any extra cost to put on my $95 uber buttoned mouse to allow me a ""Basic"" option on the software to just map keyboard binds to buttons like we did when I was a kid..... thats RIGHT.. SIX FEET OF SNOW..... UPHILL... BOTH WAYS!!!

- MajorHeadache

PS - I will add my further input once I get a response, if you are still on the fence. All bitching aside, it IS a well designed mouse.... and the pulsing leds inside can be programmed to any combo of 6mil colors too! LOLz