Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can you make your companions shut up?

title says it. Cuz the droid you get as an IA has the most godawful annoying phrases, and says them quite often.

I filed a bug report about hearing companion voices everywhere, including companions not even our own, and the reply was that it was a known bug. I don't know how much of the chatter it will cut down on once that particular bug is eliminated, but hopefully it won't be too annoying, or they'll take the suggestions and add in an option to mute the companion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    I filed a bug report about hearing companion voices everywhere, including companions not even our own, and the reply was that it was a known bug. I don't know how much of the chatter it will cut down on once that particular bug is eliminated, but hopefully it won't be too annoying, or they'll take the suggestions and add in an option to mute the companion.
    Also wtb a mute option for the commentators in Huttball.

lol I pitty the Bounty Hunter with at healer, that chic won't shut her trap for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    lol I pitty the Bounty Hunter with at healer, that chic won't shut her trap for nothing.
    Tell me about it . She would heal me all the time even if she just got done topping my health off to full, and nine times out of ten she would say something about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Tell me about it . She would heal me all the time even if she just got done topping my health off to full, and nine times out of ten she would say something about it.
    I FUCKING DESPISE MAKO. Seriously worst choice of a companion for a starting bounty hunter. Can't make an evil empire decisions without her bitching and whining about it.

lol nothing tops this guy:

pure hell

OP You're not alone.

I wanted to fucking kill him every time I walked in and out of my ship...

MASTER THIS! MASTER THAT!

shut the fuck up!

It would be nice if you could customize it to a degree.

I hate hearing the droid that lives on the ship. Period. He has absolutely nothing interesting to say and I don't want to hear his crap every time I get on my ship.

As for my companions, Vette really didn't say too much, but the healer-type companions talk CONSTANTLY. Every time they heal you, they say something, which is multiple times per fight. DPS companions and tank companions only rarely chatter from my experience, it's not bad. Hearing other people's companions was a bug though, so you heard a LOT of chatter with all the combined companions of everyone around you all the time.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I wanted to strangulate Khem Vaal, not only does he speak too much, when handing in and looting he's always there, I manage to click him, he talks again! and besides that made up language of his.. it's awefull, get with the f***** program it's called english!

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Yes, Mako need the stfu and stop yelling in my ear the whole time --- especially since my SI doesn't even have a Mako.
    I thought I was going nuts....

---------- Post added 2011-12-01 at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bellomourn View Post
    OP You're not alone.

shut the fuck up!
    I think that's supposed to be annoying.
    I couldn't imagine anyone not finding a constant reporting of a .0008% in the ship speed entertaining.

---------- Post added 2011-12-01 at 08:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I FUCKING DESPISE MAKO. Seriously worst choice of a companion for a starting bounty hunter. Can't make an evil empire decisions without her bitching and whining about it.
    Yes. I'd like to dress her up in tall boots and a skirt and put her on the corner in my GTA game.
    And I'd definitely be planning on getting my money back...
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!

Deleted
    yeah i tested out 2vr8's healing and he would talk after every heal if I had been true darkside I would have smashed him and sold him for scrap. Sadly I was grey so I felt bad for the infernal machine. Curse my peaceful nature.

Most likely just a bug that caused them to pipe up all the time or make you hear other players companions. I would guess there will be an option to at least turn that off at some point. But honestly, didn't bother me all THAT much. I just tuned it out.

Deleted
    I actually didn't mind it.I was playing a Sith Marauder and found that Vette didn't say much besides the odd thing in combat and if you entered a place like the sith (temple was it?) on Dromund Kaas where she said something about the lighting,which I thought was kind of cool that she'd comment like that.One thing that's annoying though is hearing other peoples companions.That'll be really irritating if it goes live like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddips View Post
    I actually didn't mind it.I was playing a Sith Marauder and found that Vette didn't say much besides the odd thing in combat and if you entered a place like the sith (temple was it?) on Dromund Kaas where she said something about the lighting,which I thought was kind of cool that she'd comment like that.One thing that's annoying though is hearing other peoples companions.That'll be really irritating if it goes live like that.
    yeah vette was fine, I think it was an issue with the healing companions saying same thing after every heal. It was pretty ridiculous so obviously not intended. If you watch the video above, it actually is like that during combat

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaedoslim View Post
    title says it. Cuz the droid you get as an IA has the most godawful annoying phrases, and says them quite often.
    I liked Vette more before she was my companion, Mako just always comes out as MakeOut, and both would be best served with a grudge ....
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the patch notes released today show they should talk a lot less.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

"
    Companion Characters

General

Companion Characters now vocalize less frequently during combat.
    Companion Characters are now silent when entering stealth modes.
    Companion names now display as “PLAYERNAME’s Companion.”"

Recent patchnotes.

Meanwhile WoW is catching up on another successful trend introduced by another game

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...hileinwow.jpg/

Sorry for cyrillic letters. It's self-explanatory

Quote Originally Posted by Bellomourn View Post
    OP You're not alone.

shut the fuck up!
    And the MOST fucked up part is that you can also hear the companions of thoes around you .... = pure hell x 100 .