Where in the World Is Neptulon?

With an unfinished plot developed early on in Cataclysm, we managed to fight our way into the Throne of the Tides only to be dissapointed to find out that our Neptulon was in another castle! Captured by Squidward and sent off to the unknown depths of the plane of water. With the expansion rearing to an end in the not so distant future, I find it quite odd that blizzard did not capitalize on this opportunity to what I think would have been a stellar and exciting raid in the plane of water, namely, the Abyssal Maw.

I do hope they plan on recapturing this opportunity in the future, seeing as Neptulon is the strongest of the elementals and apparently friendly with the denizens of Azeroth, there is a raid to be had here somewhere.

Because as it currently stands, the Plothole is a cataclysmic blunder.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    More than likely, he's probably either dead, or drained of all his powers and imprisoned by Azshara in Zin-Azshari.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    More than likely, he's probably either dead, or drained of all his powers and imprisoned by Azshara in Zin-Azshari.
    Very interesting speculation, sounds on the money.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.

Well none of the elemental lords were really friendly with the creatures of Azeroth. They were more entities of pure chaos, purely driven by random whims. They could work with others when it served their needs, but they really didn't care much about the humanoids.

As for Abyssal Maw....yeah.... They did miss an opportunity with that one. He will probably be in the next expansion or whatever expansion they decide to finally show N'zoth in.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main reason Neptulon saw us as allies was that we were enemies of his enemy, Ragnaros. Now that Ragnaros is dead for good, he either doesn't care about us, or will eventually turn against us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettshock View Post
    The main reason Neptulon saw us as allies was that we were enemies of his enemy, Ragnaros. Now that Ragnaros is dead for good, he either doesn't care about us, or will eventually turn against us.
    He saw us as allies because we were helping expel the Naga from his domain who were trying to murder him and usurp him as water lord.

Him and Therazane are the "good" elemental lords (neutral would be a better word) Raggypoo and Al'akir are the bad ones.

They planned on continuing his storyline but basically said "meh good enough" and decided not to go further with it.

Similar to war of the ancients.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    He saw us as allies because we were helping expel the Naga from his domain who were trying to murder him and usurp him as water lord.

Him and Therazane are the "good" elemental lords (neutral would be a better word) Raggypoo and Al'akir are the bad ones.

They planned on continuing his storyline but basically said "meh good enough" and decided not to go further with it.

Similar to war of the ancients.
    I wouldn't call them 'good'. They know we're enemies of their enemies, for Neptulon, it's Ragnaros and the naga, and for Therazane it's the Twilight Hammer. The thing is, we've proven to be useful allies to them, and as such, they treat us well. But I believe if we do anything to fuck them over, they'd turn on us in an instant.