Poll: How many max subs?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Id say 3 million, 5 million by the end of the second year. Depending on the expansion(if there is one) it will go up or down from there.

Lol at Kotick saying TOR wont make money. Only 3 of some of the the biggest, most wealthy gaming(and effects) companies in the world working together on it. I have a feeling they know how to make money. Not to mention the fact that it is STAR WARS so that alone probably ensures over a million buyers at opening. Regardless or what type of game it is, or how good it is. Since i got into weekend betas I know its an amazing game(imo), it's exactly what I hoped it would be minus a couple little things.This game will sell.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2011-12-01 at 08:23 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

1 million PESSIMISTIC WOW FANBOYS
    18 8.87%
    3 million Realists
    82 40.39%
    5 million True believers
    74 36.45%
    7-8 million Dangerous amounts of optimism
    17 8.37%
    10 million cmon...
    3 1.48%
    12 million or more... The people that think everyone wears star wars underwear everynight
    9 4.43%

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    12 million or more... The people that think everyone wears star wars underwear everynight
    9 4.43%
    You mean they dont?
    Yub Yub

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    People really need to gain some perspective before making uninformed decisions.

WoW has 10 Mio. players world-wide. That includes large parts of Asia, South America, North America, Europe and Australia.

Based on the unreliable information we have about subscribers, roughly 40-50% of them are located in NA and EU. That's 5 Mio subscribers in those 2 regions.

SWTOR is only being released in NA and EU for now. Estimating 5 Mio. players would mean it would surpass WoW. Very unlikely.

If SWTOR goes really well, it could potentially peak at 3 Mio. subs for a short period. That's still 60% of WoW's player in NA and EU. I think 2 Mio. is more realistic.
    Now factor in the people who haven't played WoW for awhile, or who have never played WoW. Your judgement is a sound one, but it relies too much on the fact that SWTOR would only cannibalize from WoW, when that won't be the case. There have been more people who have tried WoW and quit then there are currently playing, that is something Blizzard has said themselves. It is possible that SWTOR could surpass WoW's NA/EU subscriber base without draining all those numbers directly from WoW. Bioware really does have all the ingredients that Blizzard did back in the day when they first launched WoW. WoW became really popular due to several reasons such as having an established user base of their past products, having established lore in the form of the Warcraft RTS games. Bioware also has an established user base from their past games, they also have established lore in the form of Knights of the Old Republic and the Star Wars franchise itself. So yeah I see Bioware at least luring in many non MMO players into the genre, whether they will keep them though is anyone's guess.

Personally I voted for 3 million, it sounds like a realistic number for this game.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2011-12-02 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    1 million PESSIMISTIC WOW FANBOYS
    18 8.87%
    3 million Realists
    82 40.39%
    5 million True believers
    74 36.45%
    7-8 million Dangerous amounts of optimism
    17 8.37%
    10 million cmon...
    3 1.48%
    9 4.43%
    im not a WOW fanboy nor a SWTOR fanboy, i just want to play the game to enjoy it, and i would prefer the game to have at least 2 million subscribers for at least the first year ,please don't go around saying that SWTOR will kill XXXX game if you truly want to enjoy this game (not pointing at you) i don't want to see SWTOR killing any XXX games, that would mean that large amount of players will transfer over here from the XXXXX and make the TOR community worse, which may or may not ruin my experience while playing SWTOR.
    Last edited by Elian; 2011-12-02 at 01:53 AM.