Deleted

Ultraxion soft enrage?

My guild was facerolling through the first 4 bosses 10man and then we reached ultraxion.

We only managed 3 tries, but everytime we hit the 5minute mark, the healers simply couldnt keep up with the healing and everyone sort of just went splat.

How have other guilds coped with this? Our healing setup is hpala/rdruid/rshaman.

We just downed Ultraxxion, we found that despite the 6 minute enrage, the soft enrage for healers was at the 5:40 mark or so. Just up DPS :-p. We had to optimize buffs and I had to keep Thorns up on the tank most of the time. For raids that aren't already in full 391s, it's a fairly stringent DPS check. Also, make sure healers are taking the right buffs. We did Disc Priest on Red, Shaman on Green, Druid on Blue. It's really all about saving CDs for the last 30 seconds and chaining them well. Healing for the rest of the fight is a joke.

Edit: Or, if your healers are up for it, 2 heal it. It makes it much easier if your DPS are all somewhat decent. The only reason we didn't do that is because none of the healers has a really strong DPS set.

we had healpala , healpriest, healshaman,

after the mechanics of the heroic will spell were understood, he was pretty easy.

in our setup the shaman took green, the paladin red and the priest blue ( or yellow? anyway the 75% reduced manacost thing)

but i have to admit , i am one of the maintanks, and i didnt sense much trouble dps-wise or healing wise.

you should just take your healing cds for the last 20% percent and self cds.

if your dps doesnt suck, it shouldnt be much of a problem.

2 heal it and you should be fine for DPS. Just have your best healer get the first buff, then 2nd healer gets the 2nd buff.

Deleted
    _Always_ have ur holy paladin take Blue imo, paladins who don't are plain shit. Can very easily 2heal it that way, let him pick red/green and then drop it for blue when it comes -> well over 60k hps just spamming HR 24/7.

Deleted
    The spell he casts which deals damage on the whole raid works like this.

First minute of the boss fight from
    1min - 2min it has a 5 sec CD.
    2min - 3min it has a 4 sec CD.
    3min - 4min it has a 3 sec CD.
    4min - 5min it has a 2 sec CD.
    5min - 6min it has a 1 sec CD meaning it will be cast every second for the last minute of the fight before he enrages and does his massive AOE.

That's the thing dealing huge damage to your raid, and getting more intense on healers. Just put up a good defensive / healing CD rotation and you should be fine.

We finished it yesterday with 3 healers and he died right before we did so tho we were only 9 people and the damage spreads on everyone within 30yards and if someone dies people will start to take even more damage.

we 2 healed, disc priest holy pally. the encounter has an average 25k dps requirement, in 378 ilvl i was able to put out close to 29k so its clearly possible 3 healed, but we killed the fight in just under 5 minutes so healing never got hard.. we are going to 1 heal it next week