Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Clearly I'm not the only one missing this piece of a jewel God, if only we could convince a couple thousand to pick up the game and play again. I would return Only reason I'm not right now is simply because not enough people are playing it. Though I guess it's a paradox since I'm part of the problem

I remember soloing Aerlinthe for the first time and getting tons of tells because my name spammed across the server. I remember dying so many times on Tusker Island because I was stupid enough to forget buffing my armor. I remember trying to get a good lightning dagger so I could kill Lugians in Lugian Citadel with a mate of mine. I remember portals, tieing to portals, or exploring just randomly running around hoping to find stuff. I remember the days where the devs added a content patch, and WOULDN'T say everything that was added. They let us figure it out, by means of datamining the pictures and then guessing what's what. I remember that Olthoi island.. with some pretty nasty dungeons. I remember being proud of my cottage and all the decorations/trophies I had collected for it. And running around finding empty cottages/villas was a whole new game in itself.. I never found a mmorpg to have a similar awesome housing system, though DaoC had a decent one. I never understood why modern mmorpg's don't reintroduce it. It's so awesome.

I remember my first UA char, I thought he was so uber lol. This was when I was almost brand new to the game, and before bots were around. All I had was my lvl 3 and 4 spells, and they lasted what like 15 minutes? You had so many buffs you had to cast too. This was even before you could bane all your gear at once, you had to do each bane individually on each item, so it always took at least 5 minutes to buff. I farmed Lugian Citadel on him so much, and pretty much every time I listened to Linkin Park so now anytime I hear a Linkin Park song from their first cd it reminds of hunting lugians.

Before buff bots that game was such challenging, the entire game was just an awesome adventure even after the bot invasion. I mean...what other game could you run around the world just for fun?
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-12-02 at 09:08 AM.

Getting some serious nostalgia reading this thread. I played AC starting in 1999. Played for about 4 years. Also on the Morningthaw server.

Great, great memories of that game. It was pretty grindy, but I loved the feeling of going out and exploring. Definitely a great open world kind of game. Since the loot wasn't all contained in fixed instances and the real "rewards" were going out and finding good spots to grind desirable mobs (like Tuskers or Diamond Golems), exploration was encouraged and definitely fun.

Adding housing I thought would be great, but even with a landmass so huge it seemed like houses were EVERYWHERE. It really took away from the immersion of being out on the frontier and exploring through the dangerous wilds when you suddenly come upon a neighborhood of houses.

I miss Lugians, Olthoi, and the Drudge dance.

Oh, and damned Ash Gromnies! Still have nightmares over that.

Completely agree. I've always thought 2 parts AC, 1 part Runescape (the olden days) would make the greatest mmo ever.

OPEN....sadly its something you don't get in mmos these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xema-Do View Post
    Liking kill lv 20 when 85. See no PVP then can going do what PVP making. No 40, No 60, can not finding, but 20 all here and there, so sigh, then 20 die

There are times I miss AC as well, played on the Morningthaw server (name was Lugian Warlord)

Because of AC threads like this put a smile on my face. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Content/page7

If it weren't for WoW I wouldn't even understand the definition of end game. I'm so hyped for GW2 and I'm so glad I won't have to do any more raiding, and this is coming from someone who was in a guild that was top 100 for U.S. 10 mans. Raiding is not the only end game and I can't wait for more people to understand this.

I also played Morningthaw back in the day, I was the original Gholam, the highest Weapon Tinker on MT for a long, long time... ahh memories

170 Mounts and counting...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    LC player here.

EDIT: Dark-Fyre and Night-Lyte of LC
    Dark! Holy moly, Desense here...fellow LC player.

This thread nearly brought a tear to my eye. AC was my first MMO, and is still by far the best game I've ever played. When my buddies get together we still talk about the shit we were doing in game from 2001. Incredible, isn't it?

Ah, I remember playing on Darktide as well. We had a band of about a dozen guys that fought lower level Bloods for hunting rights to the Halls of the Helm. We'd win, and they'd call in their big guns to come wipe us out. We'd end up going on a quest or trying to find some other dungeon to camp out in.

90% of the WoW population would quit within a week of AC. It was just too hardcore for today's average MMO player. Back then, gamers weren't whiny little bitches.

Good times, good times. No game will ever touch it.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2012-01-12 at 04:53 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Played on Darktide here.

I remember my first day playing. Roaming the starting area while putzing around, suddenly getting attacked by a sniper. I ran for it while my friends in the adjacent room were talking about going on an item hunt. By the time I walked into the desert the sniper got me and my friend exclaimed "Got him!", to which I got up from my seat and looked over at their screen. Turns out it was them hunting me for my colored tag thing they didn't need.

When I angrily asked them what they did that for, my anger dissolved the moment they told me their answer. Was the first lesson I heard/learned while playing this game.

"Always pay attention to your surroundings."

The world was harsh, cruel, and unforgiving. And it felt good.
    Last edited by Typhron; 2012-01-13 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only played AC2. Lots of good memories there even though the game wasn't really the best. But the music and atmosphere gives me nostalgia chills every time I try to recollect it. Many memories farming Pyreals for armor and questing in the first continent. I wish there was a way to play it again just for fun.

AC was pretty fun for it's time and there were a lot of neat things about it. Again, at the time.

Some of AC's design choices are just not very good for a broad audience. That's fine though. Not sure it would be too successful in this era. If there wasn't such big $ at play here, it'd be nice to see a little more diversity in the market w/r/t MMOs.