Deleted

Madness of Deathwing - bugs and solutions

We spent about 90 minutes putting up with random bugs before we killed this fight so I figured I'd make a thread to share what happened to us and how we fixed it in case someone else experiences the same thing. I didn't find another thread like this, but sorry if I'm duplicating anything. Feel free to share your experience here as well (this fight seems quite glitchy).

Phase 2 not starting
    This one is simple, just don't switch platforms until after Deathwing moves his face. If you try to jump onto the phase 2 platform prematurely then phase 2 never triggers, just stay at your 4th platform until he moves and only then go after him.

Corruption Tentacle one shotting people
    This happened to us quite a bit, it would just randomly turn and 1 shot melee even though they were nowhere near aggro. We fixed it simply by never taunting, we used only 1 tank for phase 1. However this might have been simply an Omen bug, I'm not 100% sure. With the recent threat changes to tanks though... I kinda doubt it. Our tank had a huge threat lead when it happened and it 1 shot ALL melee DPS. I think threat on the tentacle just bugs out after a taunt.

Corruption Tentacle never spawns
    Just went for an entire platform and it never spawned. *shrug* all good, just saves healers some mana. The Elementium Bolt never came either, beneficial bug.

People falling in water during jump
    Fuck if I know... good luck here. I have no idea what causes it or how to fix it.

Witnessed all of these plus more in ptr, reported it, still launched live as it is... Nice job

Deleted
    As they have said, Madness of Deathwing does have bugs thats why its not in the LFR nor HC open yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    Witnessed all of these plus more in ptr, reported it, still launched live as it is... Nice job
    Same. While I think the 1 shotting people has something to do with melee range and where the tank is standing, the rest are definitely bugs that were reported numerous times.

Blizzard releasing bugged content after months of internal and external testing?

Say it aint so.