Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When did you start playing?

When did you start playing World of Warcraft?
    Which expansion was your favorite?

-

I started playing near the end of Vanilla. Of course Vanilla was my favorite. Everything was new to me. I loved discovering/exploring places. Experiencing things for the first time. That flowed through Burning Crusade. Wrath and Cataclysm failed to reach me on that level.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2011-12-02 at 12:01 PM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    Started end of TBC, didnt reach max lvl until wotlk though, so only enjoyed endgame in wotlk and cata. Not a hard choice to understand where I had the most fun (I dont play wow anymore *hint*)

Started playing the day servers opened, haven't stopped since. I don't have a favorite expansion, since I've thoroughly enjoyed them all for various reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my friend's beta account. I didn't get my own until a month later.

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't post meme images.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2011-12-02 at 11:34 PM.

i started playing day 1 and haven't looked back. though everything has been an absolute blast so far, i have to say that Wrath and Cata are my favorite, but leaning more towards Cata than Wrath.

April 2007 TBC by FAR!!!!!!!!!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Started playing May 21, 2006
    Yub Yub

10+ Year Old Account
    started playing twords the end of BC. would have to say that is my favorite expansion. though i like wrath a lot too. cata not so much. it seemed a bit blah in comparison. hoping MoP ends up being half way decent.

Deleted
    playing 4 years now

15+ Year Old Account
    July 2006.

TBC is my favourite, Cataclysm until september second in place. Vanilla third and WotLK last.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see copy / pasting from my act infoz

-

12/28/04 $41.97 USD Three Months Recurring ($13.99 per month)
    Expired
    12/27/04 N/A One Day Credit
    Expired
    12/26/04 N/A One Day Credit
    Expired
    12/25/04 N/A One Day Credit
    Expired
    12/24/04 N/A One Day Credit
    Expired
    11/24/04 N/A Free Month
    Expired

Quite awhile - Best expansion would be the days of Uldaur - Woltk

25th of March 2008.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    End of 2004, beta. Looking back, I have the most fond memories of TBC. I know that's a cliche, but that's when I did my best raiding, and played my favorite character (feral druid, with all the unique stuff it had going for it at the time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Feb 2005 BC for sure.

Started playing December 15th 2006

Favourite expansion by far is BC

10+ Year Old Account
    US open beta sept -04.

I've been around a while :P Don't play much these days though.

Started beta in July or August of 2004 (can't remember anymore) Played Vanilla until Naxx 1.0, came back a month after BC released. Left again when TOC came out in WotLK came back when Cata released. Left when 4.1 came out.

In my opinion, BC held my attention for the longest, I enjoyed most of the grind factors when it came to gearing up my warrior tank, and grinding with the guild for our attunements. Naxx was a huge let down but 3 drake obsidian sanctum held my attention as well as the cool new ways to approach boss fights and dungeons with achievements. Ulduar came out and blew my mind, that dungeon was impressive to say the least and on the same grand scale as Karazhan from BC. Cata looked very promising with its change of pace back to BC model of dungeon difficulty. And raiding was very fun with heroic mode, but unfortunately content didn't last that long.

It is a toss up between BC and the first half of WotLK. Cata and Vanilla don't hold a candle to either. Although the nostalgia is definately there in Vanilla.

Day one of WOW's launch and for almost 6.5 years.

Don't play any now.

I played on my sister's account a little in '05-'06, never reached max level, mostly ran around exploring and being a complete noob. I got my own account the day BC came out. I really enjoyed both BC and Wrath, BC had my first max level character, my first raiding experiences, my first time leveling with friends, all kinds of great memories. That all continued into Wrath, and I also looooooooved the whole theme and feel and atmosphere and story Northrend had, very dark, and back to more traditional fantasy, though the sci-fi flavor BC had was fun. I have cancelled my account, gonna be playing some other games, love WoW, always have, always will, but I'm just kinda bored right now. Want something new.
    Last edited by Khaowdruid; 2011-12-02 at 08:34 PM.