Deleted

SWTOR gaming peripherals available

Swtor gaming peripherals are ready for pre-ordering
    http://www.oldrepublic.net/240-razer...-ordering.html

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new but i was expecting better from them 6 month after their announcement.
    Left handed get shafted with the mouse...
    Keyboard is terrible too for me, numpad is important for the way i play.
    Mouse mat is overpriced.

When you posted that, I thought 'great ill get me some of that'.....then I saw the prices...talk about have a mark up for a name....

Aaaaaah, the Razer stuff.

For people who haven't used Razer gear before, its expensive, but you get what you pay for. Very very good performance and very very pretty.

Personally, I'g get the Naga MMO mouse they do (I actually alread have it and refuse to play MMO's without it now) over any SWTOR branded stuff heh.

EDIT - scratch that last comment... The mouse is a SWTOR branded naga. Very nice.

I've still got and use my Razer Viper, its what? nearly 8 years old and it still works as well as the day i got it. Worth the cash IMO.

Deleted
    As nice as some of that stuff seems, it seems incredibly expensive. While perhaps I could buy that mouse if I needed one, I see nothing that makes the headset, mousepad or keyboard worth all that money besides luxury stuff. The touchpad also being a screen seems sort of cool but ultimately pointless if you use multiple screens. Those buttons seem horribly placed to me, I'd have to either let go of my mouse or move my hand from my movement keys to use them in the first place. Perhaps if I had the money to spare, I'd buy it but I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    I've still got and use my Razer Viper, its what? nearly 8 years old and it still works as well as the day i got it. Worth the cash IMO.
    Very true, I've still got my copperhead, as a backup mouse in a drawer, Use my Naga for MMO's and me Lachesis for FPS. Got a Lycosa keyboard too. Can not reccomend this gear enough to be honest.

The 1000HZ polling is insane aswell, you dont notice it when you start using one of their products, but when you switch back to a regular mouse, the cursor seems sluggish and like its attatched to elastic. Its kinda crazy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what happened that the price of the keyboard went up $50 since they announced it? Regardless, can't see myself being able to justify it now.

Deleted
    if you pay 50 euros for a mousemat you are officially crazy. give it to charity or something instead.

Deleted
    im getting the razer naga for swtor but im not paying an extra £50 for the star wars version lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    50 euro for a mousemat that looks like crap? God Razor are full of themselves...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wohoo... overpriced items by several hundered percent. Awesome.

And the keyboard priced at $249.99 or 249.99 EUR... Why the fuck does it cost almost double as much in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Nothing new but i was expecting better from them 6 month after their announcement.
    Left handed get shafted with the mouse...
    Keyboard is terrible too for me, numpad is important for the way i play.
    Mouse mat is overpriced.
    Learn to use your right hand. I know this might sound stupid, but really, it's better. I'm left handed, but using the mouse in the right and leaving the left on WSAD is so much better, well, at least for me. With everything really being designed around being right handed, it's easier to just go through a few weeks of awkwardness and get used to it than stick to left handed.

On another note though, I was sure they had done a left handed Naga, no?

Deleted
    The keyboard doesn't worth at all.... a g110 is a lot more better... and cheaper

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy farking shite, a flat piece of rubber and plastic that costs fifty freakin Euro.

I can buy food for over a week or an entire video game. Or I could buy an anagrammed mousepad.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

lol@those prices, pass...

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Learn to use your right hand. I know this might sound stupid, but really, it's better. I'm left handed, but using the mouse in the right and leaving the left on WSAD is so much better, well, at least for me. With everything really being designed around being right handed, it's easier to just go through a few weeks of awkwardness and get used to it than stick to left handed.

On another note though, I was sure they had done a left handed Naga, no?
    Yeah, I retaught myself to use the mouse right handed a long time ago, just made life a lot easier. That said, I still can't use the Naga. The buttons get in the way when I try to move the mouse. I stick with my cheapo 3 button mouse :P.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

...I had been wanting that keyboard, but not that badly. I'd rather put the money towards a new tablet that can do a hell of a lot more. Oh well. I'll keep my old naga and sidewinder keyboard and be happy.

Edit: hell, my current mousepad is completely worn (i can actually see the metal mesh that is in between the two sides now) but totally not paying the price for that one either.
    Last edited by Spritely; 2011-12-01 at 06:23 PM.

Just to let people know, you CAN use a naga in SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by hmmlol View Post
    Just to let people know, you CAN use a naga in SWTOR.
    Of course you can, there's nothing special about it, it's side buttons are just sending out signals that are interpreted as keyboard button presses, so anything where you can use a keyboard will work. Which is pretty much anything.

You could rebind WSAD if you wanted to them and move using those keys, not that you'd want to, but you could.