Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkur View Post
    The Priest/Warlock just refreshes his Dots on the Bronze limb while fighting on the Green/Red Platforms or he jumps over there during transitions or what? Can you explain a little more in detail please?
    If a dot class positions theirself near the front and left/right of the platform you are currently on, they will be able to reach and subsequently multi-dot the limb to their left/right. Our kill order was green, red, blue, yellow, so on the green platform I brought the blue limb to 91%, then on the red platform I brought the bronze limb to 91%. Of course the limb you should dot when you have one to each side of you will change depending on which ones will be up later. It's very easy to bring the limb to 91% just through VT and SWP.
    Last edited by Hesp; 2011-12-02 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    If a dot class positions theirself near the front and left/right of the platform you are currently on, they will be able to reach and subsequently multi-dot the limb to their left/right. Our kill order was green, red, blue, yellow, so on the green platform I brought the blue limb to 91%, then on the red platform I brought the bronze limb to 91%. Of course the limb you should dot when you have one to each side of you will change depending on which ones will be up later. It's very easy to bring the limb to 91% just through VT and SWP.
    it depends on each raid group. but this was just a total waste of time for us. when we did this wed jump to next platform and then basically have to stop like 5 secs early ne ways to wait on the tentacle in the back to spawn. i guess if ur dps is a little lacking this could help you out. but its really not needed

Quote Originally Posted by datrillest View Post
    3,1,2,4 is the easiest thats goin from left to right, with THRALL being the 3rd platform. Doin this order does a few nice things for you.
    This is how we did it.

Deleted
    We are very geared and I'm resto druid and we also used a resto shaman with warrior tank.

we are doing Green>yellow>red>blue, useing 2 tanks 3 healers

Green > Yellow > Red > Blue worked great for us. We were 2 tanking and 3 healing it and the extra damadge from Kalecgos is a lot to give up.

If only DW wouldn't bug out at 20% on a perfect try and never fall down to Ysera's platform now...

Edit: We are probably trying Green > Red > Yellow > Blue next time though. We felt like the fast Bolts were more dangerous then the blistering tentacles, as long as you switch to them fast. At first we tried Green > Yellow > Blue > Red assuming that the tentacles had more hp, that just didn't work out the best with dps on the last platform. I'm sure it's doable in that order as well though.

We went green -> red -> yellow -> blue, didnt try anything else and it worked fine from the start. Went with 1 tank (prot pala), 3 healers. Tank ended up dying in phase 2 but we managed to nuke him down (ignoring the small adds) before the next big adds spawned without BL (used it on the 4th platform).

So did anyone work out what triggers the certain mechanics? Like how do you force a tentacle to spawn and what triggers the meteor etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Truantxoxo View Post
    So did anyone work out what triggers the certain mechanics? Like how do you force a tentacle to spawn and what triggers the meteor etc?
    Its all on an exact timer.

Corruption Tentacle spawns 10 seconds after the "assault".

Elementium Bolt spawns 45 seconds after the assault.

Regenerative bloods spawn 90 seconds in.

DW starts casting Cataclysm 120 seconds in.

Cataclysm finishes casting 180 seconds in.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    Its all on an exact timer.

Corruption Tentacle spawns 10 seconds after the "assault".

Elementium Bolt spawns 45 seconds after the assault.

Regenerative bloods spawn 90 seconds in.

DW starts casting Cataclysm 120 seconds in.

Cataclysm finishes casting 180 seconds in.
    Can't be right if people are killing the fourth tentacle before moving to the 2nd platform.

Deleted
    red-green-blue-yellow if you're having issues with the meteor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Truantxoxo View Post
    Skip it by killing the claw before the tentacle and meteor comes?[COLOR="red"]
    No. There's a bug with the encounter that we had re-created with Time Warp to damage the first "hand" he puts down, switch to the Tenticle and kill that + the meteor. Somehow, the third platform or Kaelcgos for us, doesn't spawn any meteor, tenticle nor Regenerative Blood. Free dps on his third "hand" and easy healing.

Deleted
    We did Red > Blue > Green > Yellow

Worked nicely for us. We 1 Tank, 2 Healed the fight.

I think we're going to experiment in the next few weeks though - but which ones you kill depends largely on your raid composition.

Two tanked, green -> yellow -> red -> blue.
    Could be done with 1 tank and possibly even 2 healer.
    Newti - unplugged (EU Eredar) - 6/8 HC, 7/7 HC, 13/13 HC

Looking for more help from guilds that successfuly 1 tanked the fight.

1. What order did you use?

2. How many healers?

3. How did you handle the adds in phase 2?

4. When did you use bloodlust?

Thanx for your help in advance

Deleted
    Just a question about this going to the 4th tentacle before going to the 2nd strategy, is the corrupted spawning before you hit 91%?

We killed it last night with:

1 Tank
    3 Healers
    6 DPS

Platforms we started from and finished too.

Red
    Yellow
    Green
    Blue

Now in retrospect, we probably should have used 2 tanks and gone with Green, Yellow, Red, Blue

We bloodlusted straight on pull and then used it again on Kalecos(Blue) but we should have saved it for P2.

Deleted
    1 tank 2 healers:

Red > Blue > Green > Yellow

saved yellow for last so we could always kill the rock, and kept green second last so I (the tank) could use "dream" on every impale and then just save my big cd/Argent defender for the last platform, with our dps we didn't see the 2nd impale ever.

Here's a video of how we did it - tank PoV - failed a bit as I hadn't prepared well for the fight but still went down pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaleques View Post
    Looking for more help from guilds that successfuly 1 tanked the fight.

1. What order did you use?

2. How many healers?

3. How did you handle the adds in phase 2?

4. When did you use bloodlust?

Thanx for your help in advance
    1. Red > Blue > Green > Yellow; The key is to kill the corrupted before 2nd impale and to use dream to survive the other ones, save big Cd for 4th platform imaple

2. 2 healers 7 dps, resto shaman/druid healing was never an issue, our shaman called out when he wanted us to use dream to mitigate damage.

3. I picked them up (forgot to use CDs so I died) and people zerged them, however I died @ 30% on 2nd add but it was just zerged with our feral popping bear and taunting I think.

4. we BL'd at 16% p2 because the tank (me) was dead and we wanted to see if we could burn it. I'd advice you to save it for the 2 elementals in p2 and burning them while using all CDs to stay alive as the tank.

PS. remember to use Dream during p2 on shrapnel etc.
    Last edited by mmoc1c984c02b2; 2011-12-03 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Updated with video.

We spent something like 20 tries killing Alexstraza's platform last(red drakethat gives 20% hp and helps kill blistering tentacles) The reason was that on the PTR the blistering tentacles were according to our raid leader overtuned on 10 player and we couldn't kill them fast enough. We eventually got the hang of it and could get to the final phase with everyone alive but we then failed because we'd never seen the last phase and didn't know what happened. 7% being the best try.

We then changed and did Kalecgos' platform last (blue drake that gives 20% damage buff) and we killed it 1st try after making that change.

The order really isn't that important except that killing Kalecgos platform last makes it a lot easier to kill the regenerative bloods quickly on the last platform so that you can beat the catacylsm timer. We had a few tries where we'd get the claw down to 3-5% before cataclysm killed us because we took too long without the red drake 20% damage buff.