Thread: Zon'zozz - wtf?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by superficial View Post
    we went to 12 stacks, so i dunno.
    Wow that was helpful dude!
    OT. We stacked it up to 7, just make sure to rotate cooldowns on the stackphase and im sure you will kill it.

after the 4th bounce your tank needs to use some sort of CD as at this point zonozz is hitting like a truck.

You will probably get nearly 4 sets of black phases with a kill in the 4th or in between at your gear level I'm estimating. (we have ~ 385 ilvl and finished in the 3rd)

Set up a cd rotation such as:
    1: Divine Guardian + Lightwell + Tree Form/Tranq
    2: Rallying Cry + Divine Hymn + Spirit Link Totem
    3: same as 1
    4: same as 2

Then make sure your druid is using barksin/survival instincts for black phase and resto druid using barkskin. dk use IBF to help a bit. rogues cloak of shadows. hunters raptor strike glyph. and so on and so forth. use glyphed divine protection for black phase if tank damage is ok in phase 1 but if not stick with unglyphed for some more mitigation from focused anger.

Good luck!

I would agree with above posts recommending you take fewer bounces. 4 is pretty ideal. While in P2 the boss will take more damage, so even though you will be taking aoe damage more often with fewer bounces, the encounter will end sooner. Rotating CDs while in P2 will help tremendously. And I believe it has been said, but you should dispell immediately as each tics does just as much damage as the cleanse.

We got him down on tuesday after some wipes. Our healers HPS ended like that

Holy Priest - 20k HPS
    Resto Shaman - 18k HPS
    Holy Pally - 12k HPS

we were geared from FL normal with some pieces from Shannox heroic so average 378-380 on everyone. We got him during the 4th dark phase doing 5 bounces (range-melee-range-melee-range-boss) and dispelling asap. Our healers were very low on mana at the kill point. Our main problems with early wipes was tank dying when boss was getting high stacks but we solved it by having our pally full time on tank during ball phase and using a cd on him after last melee bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Talking with the healers - it's not really MANA being the problem, it's that once we get to our 4th and 5th bounces - the tank is taking, as they claim "Unhealable damage". All 3 healers are healing him for ~12-15k HPS and he's still dying. OUr last attempt for the night we tried alternating tanks to pop all cds, but that still doesn't seem to be enough - by the 3rd orb our healers are generally oom =/.
    I don't know if it applies to all Tanks, but our Tank was getting instant gibbed as well. He was getting crit by Zonzzoz. I think there was a bug with improved blood presence. May be you Tank should switch specs and back to Protection again.

We had 2 melee, 2 healers in the melee group. We had our 4range dps, and a healer in a range group. The tank was alone doing his thing. When the orb formed we went...

Range --->Melee--->Range--->Melee--->Range--->boss. After it hits we collapse and lust. Once that is over we spread out again to our bounce positions and go...

Range--->Melee--->Range--->Boss. We continue this pattern until dead.

Groups have to be tight together to have damage shared. If people are outside a little bit then they will not share the damage and you may have people die.

One thing we saw... and Im not sure on the reasoning, but the void/orb went right between his legs and smacked our tank a couple times. That was highly annoying. We had our tank angle him a bit so a leg would be in the way, and we downed it no issue.

We have the same prob.

We are all fairly well geared, mostly 378/391.

We split the teams into 2, ranged and melee+ 1 healer. We let it bounce 5-7 teams, we mixed it up and we settled to 5. But at some points the tank just gets 1 shotted even at 5 stacks and we dont know why. Dps is high enough and bouncing is good, dispelling is correct and healing is about 20k hps stable.. higher ofc on P2 aoe phase. but the tank is just getting 1 shotted sometimes for some reason.

Does anyone have any ideas why?

All people getting hit by the orb will help, there is no reason for healers to stand out as this will actually split the damage between them and actually lighten the burden on the healers due to less panicing ( omg people are low , must use many mana consuming strong heals ).

We 3 healed it,but with healers helping on bouncing and not going over 5 stacks, its probably 2 healable without any problems.
    Remember that the extra dps will significantly shorten the fight allowing your healers to use more mana intense heals.

Make sure that your distance between groups is long enough that the ball re-materializes before it hits the melee group.
    We found out on earlier wipe that the ball materialized in the middle of the melee group and thus tank got hit as well - stressing your healer more than needed. as long as your tank isnt taking the damage and your dispels are instant on the group that just got hit by the shit ( provided people where topped off before the impact ) , the healer has plenty of time to slowly and effeciently heal up his party before the next bounce.

Bouncing the orb 7 times seemed to be the magic number for us. Regardless of what someone else may tell you, you don't want to go any lower than that...reason being as the healing intensive part of the fight is the burn phase, the more burn phases you do, the more it strains your healers, not to mention they won't have any cds to use for this phase if you enter it too early. Also, make sure your ranged move in to the melee during the burn phase to ease the healer's jobs.

Deleted
    we all stacked at melee when aoe dmg phase came (kill) had 3 healers 5 bounce

Deleted
    Hey Yoshimiko =)

I did this boss yesterday in my 10m group and we have similar issues at the beginning. We have fairly the same equip as your group (7/7 fl so ~378) so try this.

We´ve ben splitting into range camp + 1 Heal (Hunter, Shadow, Mage, RSchami) and Melee camp + 2 Heal ( 2x DK´s, Fury, 2x HPala´s). The boss faces towards the range camp and turnend 180° when the orb spawns ... So the first orb we bounce 5 times (range, melee, range, melee, range -> Boss) cause the stacks on the boss are relatively slow stacking ... p2 stacking at Melee camp and rotate Raid CD´s.

every other orb we bounces only 3 times (Range, melee, range -> Boss) or even 1 time (range -> boss) ... its all about how fast the orb spawns and how much stacks the boss have ..

We feel comfortable with ~ 5-7 stacks on the boss and then reset ...

the only thing is you need strong dps ... enrage is at 6 min and we killed ist at 5min 59,64sec :P

hope that help you a little bit =)

just to chime in:
    • we did this yesterday on our 6th pull (first time seeing the boss)
    • we are 10man 7/7 firelands normal and mostly 378ilvl avg.
    • healing team was rdruid, rshammy, dpriest, I (paladin) was tanking.
    • our healers were doing 18k, 18k, 21k hps and it seemed any lower would be problematic for the black phase.
    • we did 7-6-5-7 bounces I think. first 7 was planned we then popped hero and burned the boss in first black phase, next two were normal and the last 7 was due to a screw up.
    • we had a predefined cooldown rotation for the black phase and I (tank) was popping own cooldowns whenever boss had 5+ stacks

judging by what I've read I would suggest better cooldown rotation for the tank (phase1) and healers(phase2)

just my 0.02$