Poll: Have you ever been bullied?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Only in a America!

Yeah I did in Primary School then I kicked his head in and got in trouble. But I've never been bullied like it seems to happen in America, just kids talking shit then getting hit. There's never been any of that bullying where one kid is completely victimised. It's 1 in a million and the media gets a hold of it and tries to make it seem like every school has the resident bully.
    this game sucks

Yes, but it wasn't for being gay so nobody cared.

Stopped when I beat the crap out of one of em.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    I used to bully people when i was younger. There was this one dude that i bullied extra much, i called him stuff, hit him in front of others to shame him, made everyone laught at him, chased him after school to hit him some more etc. I never thought much of it, i just thought of that guy as a lesser person.

A year later i moved to another school where i was the only "foreigner", or atleast i didnt have blond hair and blue eyes I was bullied, but not anywhere near the way i bullied others. A year later i moved again, back to our old place. And yeah since then i've always tried not to bully, i mean ofcourse i tease friends and stuff but i would never, freeze them out or anything again. I feel bad for what i did when i was younger. It's always more fun to be the bully rather than the bullied, but even tho you are the bully you will still feel bad about it at some point of ur life

Well, the only real bullying experience I've ever had was in first grade, when some older kids tried to make fun of me, for what ever reason I can no longer remember. I told the teacher and she made them stop. Glad I was that brave then, I don't think I could be that straight-forward and honest anymore.

I have come to realise though, that even if I wasn't actively bullied, I was pretty much ostracized. I was very shy and lonely as a kid and definitely the best definition to the word "uncool" there is. I had very few friends to spend time with at school, and to be honest I sometimes doubt they were my friends only because they had no other friends. My insecurities and self-esteem issues made me try to act as if I wasn't there at all. I never took part in any of my classmates out of school activities and tried very hard never to bring any attention to myself. Of course, this affected my numbers somewhat, as I also tried to avoid getting any attention from the teachers, even if I knew for sure I had the right answer to their questions.

I didn't drink until I was very nearly 18 (the legal age to buy alcohol here) which of course made me unpopular. I didn't hang out late at night, and I was the definition of a bookworm (to the extent where a library employee told my aunt I had probably read everything they had in the library - which isn't technically true, only the books worth reading).

I do realise I was probably my own worst bully. Had I tried to be more forward I might have had friends - more than the two people in my class I still talk to, occasionally. Had I not been so trapped in my own insecurities and lack of self-esteem I might have had so much easier time at school. But I didn't and I suffer from the consequences still. So in the end I have really no one else to blame but myself.

Even though, growing up as I did certainly did me more good than hanging out with some random people at midnight might ever have done. I often have a feeling I do a lot more thinking than many, many people I see at work every day. But then again, that might just be me.

All this thinking I've been doing has really shown me children can be crueler than anyone. Especially to those who they perceive as different, as for what ever reason different is scary.

not really

i've always been quite a bit taller and bigger than the rest of my generation. i guess it helps

Someone tried to bully me once. We fought, i won. Haven't been bothered since ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    People need to learn to grow a spine and ignore things like this.
    Obviously I can't talk for everyone, but it's just retarded letting other people talk you down like that.
    I've never been depressed and will not ever let it happen to me.

I seriously don't understand how people can be so shortsighted as to think that a handfull of bullies.. hell even a hundred of ehm, are worth worrying over. There are 7 billion people out there ffs, how could you possibly be upset if a few hundred don't like you.
    one day you should realize not everyone is the same as you
    you lack any sort of empathy and understanding that people that have been trashed on have incredibly low self esteem, "growing a spine" is harder
    when everyone is against you

I was bullied for about 4 years of my life, from 4th to 8th grade over something I couldn't control (and won't get into). The biggest one was from a former friend of mine. We were friends for a good 3 months, and then I spent the night over at his house. The next day the friendship ended and he became the biggest bully. I had the entire school hating me because people spread rumors about me. But that dick stopped bullying me after one day. He was with his little friend, school had just let out, and I was about to start my walk home. The asshole tried to trip me, and that was the final straw that sent me over. I retaliated and we fought for a good 5 minutes. I went straight for his eyes and at the end we ended up in the bushes. The fight was a tie, but he had some nice scratches under his eyes (I hardly trimmed my nails back then) that he said the cat did.

After that, the bullying basically stopped, but we moved 6 months later to a new state.

I feel sorry for the kids now. Their parents raise them to be little pansies and when people don't treat them like their parents do (oh you are so special and great, etc), their brains can't seem to handle it and their world gets turned upside down. I have had self-esteem issues from the first time I moved (I was 5 years old) until 10th grade (16 years old), but I never let the bullying really get to me, especially after me and that ass beat the shit out of each other. Why? Because I have an over-inflated self worth. I don't like myself, but I know that I am better than everyone else (this is what I mean about bad self-esteem and over-inflated self worth).

Others may not think so, but I don't really care because, and I know this would be difficult for the coddled little children that are raised now, NO ONE ELSE'S OPINION MATTERS BUT MY OWN!

I will leave with this comment. It's a quote from Elennor Roosevelt, and it is completely true:
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

People tried bullying me, but it stopped when I kicked their asses.

Survival of the fittest my friends

Completely natural for people to want to feel more powerful than others..that's how evolution and life works. The strong get access to females and the weak get access to well...themselves

Deleted
    yeahh... from teachers which is the saddest part :P

Deleted
    Not really. I remember a guy picking on me when I was like...6 or so. That stopped as soon as I was larger than him, which came along quite fast.
    I was 6 foot at 12 :| I didn't have to put up with much crap

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't ever bullied, but when I was in the 7th grade somebody tried to harass me for a while.

It went like this: The PE locker rooms were one building that was divided down the center with a thick cinderblock wall, the girl's room on the right, the boy's room on the left. On that center wall up near the ceiling was an air vent with a mesh grate. A few boys were being their young horny selves and stacked a few empty equipment barrels on end and hoisted eachother up so they could peek into the girl's locker room as we changed. None of us girls knew about it. My locker happened to be right under the vent in full view :/ I was at that awkward puberty age where my chest was growing like crazy, I had a stretch mark on one of my boobs. One day while in class, one of the boys approached me and started commenting on how I looked in my birthday clothes and was laughing about that stretch mark, and I just stood there in silent shock after having learned that he'd ben watching me change. Luckily, one of the other boys overheard and punched him in the face and I finally managed to speak up and asked how he managed to get up there since he was a fatass.