Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The issue is their repeatedly incorrect "facts." (Been playing since F&F and haven't gotten a companion? Have you been playing 15 minutes a month?)

Their horrible use of hyperbole.

Their constant comparisons to other games. This isn't professional in the slightest.

And everything else repeatedly listed in this thread.
    So we are implying its professional merely because it comes from a known game magazine? Does the review state that this is a review of the final game? Does it state its a professional review?

Considering the reaction it generated just on this site I think it was a great video. It proves beyond a doubt that fanbois are irrational and will nit pick anything to death to avoid discussing the issues brought forward. An example is the F&F girl whom everyone hates, her comments on companions was in context to other bioware games and how far they advanced it, so this could mean she has played no class to the point where companions entered into the equation or has not experience companion play to the extent it is represented in other BIOWARE games. Regardless, the reaction of some people here is priceless, a perfect example of irrational behavior. FWIW, she has a long resume in the industry which does not excuse what she said but she has done more and will do more than most of the people here.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    We are Not pissed off and I'm No StarWar fan boy, Yes like about 70% of the World I've seen the film, But What I do like is Fun Computer games to play in my sparetime, And after playing SW:TOR over the weekend and getting to lvl 20 I found it a fun and intriguing game..

But this so called Review From GamePro, Seem Faked and it just didn't feel honest to me I'n anyway Mostly Because the reviewers Seem contrived, and the review was flawed due to the massive amount of contradiction coming from them.

So GamePro. This wasn't a Review this was just massive insult to Bioware,and the people that are looking forward to this game, they should feel ashamed of themselves...
    First, yes you are. Second, you are doing the same as the other irrational fanbois are. Your focusing on the commentators in the video you did not like and not even acknowledging the one or two you do agree with. This is a common trait of irrationality, seeing only the part you want and not even recalling those you don't.

If a game does not pull you in within an hour of playing the designers have failed. You don't get unlimited time, rarely do you get more than one play session to hook the player. The only controversial commentator in the review was Ms Chu and it is hard to nail down in what context does she mean by not experiencing companion play when she clearly referenced the advanced play exhibited in other BIOWARE games. I am quite willing to believe that someone can be in the game since F&F (which ever one she got in) and not advance a class to that point merely because of time or failure to focus on just one character. It could be the SW IP does not interest her enough to play that much but her credentials got her in anyway.

Look, there will be many people play this game who will bypass the story as fast as possible because a large number of people only want END GAME material. Everything between the start and end game are in the way. That one commentator did not claim ALL people would think that, just that some will and why they will. Yet irrationality prevented many from hearing his full comment. Same goes for the rest of them.

Anyone defending the character models needs to just be slapped, they are nothing more than Star Trek bumpy headed aliens, that part of the review I completely agree with, it was such a disappointment.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    An example is the F&F girl whom everyone hates, her comments on companions was in context to other bioware games and how far they advanced it, so this could mean she has played no class to the point where companions entered into the equation or has not experience companion play to the extent it is represented in other BIOWARE games. Regardless, the reaction of some people here is priceless, a perfect example of irrational behavior.
    I find it hard to believe that someone could have beta access for at least a year and not progress 1 character out of 8 past the point of getting a companion, and even if this was the case it still doesn't give her an objective opinion on a game as the point still stands that the people who "reviewed" the game in that video didn't have enough practical experience playing the game to give a full and objective review.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEROWASHU View Post
    Anyone defending the character models needs to just be slapped, they are nothing more than Star Trek bumpy headed aliens, that part of the review I completely agree with, it was such a disappointment.
    Well if i compare them to WoW's they are a god send. They are not as good as Skyrim. Also saying ppl need to be slapped for something you don't like is stupid.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Somehow I knew they would mention wow at least once in this..

Hard to take that review seriously when one of them says "Im playing the blue team, like WoW's alliance" -.-

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    They slammed it pretty hard also...the lady with glasses and long hair...is hideous, like, I actually minimize the video when she shows up. Call me a shallow asshole..but.ugh...

The cutscenes being possibly 6 minutes long is a little ridiculous...they should be 1.5 minutes TOPS.

Combat looked pretty slow by what they showed us, all the attacks looked the same.

The UI looks pretty boring and clunky...

Overall imo this game is gonna be another flop.
    Comments like yours are why people get upset at this review. The reviewers don't know what they are talking about, and they have influenced you in your decision that "this game is gonna be another flop."

Cutscenes don't take 6mins, they are also interactive so you actually control the direction of the dicussion.

The combat isn't slow and the attacks have lots of different animations, even mirror classes have completely different animations.

The UI is average and needs work to bring it up to peoples expectations, but it does the job for levelling and basic dungeons. Also the map kicks ass for actually finding stuff as it is created off a 3D image off the actual area so you can see boxes or stairs etc in it very clearly and it's very hard to get lost with it. WoW maps rarely work in doors at all and are terrible.

All we want is people that have actually played a decent amount to give a reasonable review whether it be good or bad. Playing less than a few hrs, not getting companions or even to your AC choice and not getting talents and then forming an opinion just makes you look stupid as a reviewer.

Oh I finally watched it. Lol he's whinging about not being part of the conversation and that it's not involving....but he prefers how WoW does it even though in SWTOR you are able to interact and direct teh conversation even possibly changing the way to resolve the quest. Wow cutscenes and RP are not interactive in the slightest and are not skippable either.

Also showing level 1 combat is an awesome way to review the game. I think that's fine as long as they then show that you actually do get skills fairly quickly and by level 5-10 have a whole row of abilities on your quick bar. Some of the BH combat with the rockets and knockback in the video looks pretty cool too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    They slammed it pretty hard also...the lady with glasses and long hair...is hideous, like, I actually minimize the video when she shows up. Call me a shallow asshole..but.ugh...

The cutscenes being possibly 6 minutes long is a little ridiculous...they should be 1.5 minutes TOPS.

Combat looked pretty slow by what they showed us, all the attacks looked the same.

The UI looks pretty boring and clunky...

Overall imo this game is gonna be another flop.
    You have had weeks to actually try out SWTOR for free and see if any of this stuff is true. If you had, you would see that nothing in your post is true at all. Conversations do not last 6 minutes, unless you sit there and stare at conversation options for 4 of those minutes. The UI is not clunky at all and works quite well. It is an upgrade over the default WoW one that millions of players continue to use to this day 7 years after it was released and hardly changed to this day. Combat isn't slow, or choppy, or clunky, or weird, but you won't know that without playing. You have had plenty of shots to actually try this game and form a real opinion on it. You should have done that instead o making unfounded statements that make you seem uninformed and spiteful.

Closing this, as I regret not doing yesterday. That is clearly the most trolling review ever done by a "professional" gaming outfit and there is nothing really to discuss about it. They contradict themselves about the game about 10 times in the first three minutes. Seems like it is nothing more than a last "look at what we did!" moment for a soon to be out of business company.