Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So.. jc sucks now?

So yea, the buff to Chimera's Eye got reverted, that means jc only gives 51+ in a primary stat, compared to other proffesions which got like 80.. really? or am i missing something..

well why should you get a buff when others wouldn't, the only profession the gets a good benefit is BS over the others 100 stats compared to 80. be upset when engis get a new helm and cogs though that wont happen.

Deleted
    You can earn a MASSIVE amount atm., but that's all

JC mount in MoP

Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    well why should you get a buff when others wouldn't, the only profession the gets a good benefit is BS over the others 100 stats compared to 80. be upset when engis get a new helm and cogs though that wont happen.
    with epic gems, you only get +51 of a stat now

But JC doesn't get a buff, they lose stats.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

They did it in LK...oversight perhaps? Maybe its to balance out all those JC/BS people lolz

Nevermind...

You forget that now its 51 per gem. You can have 3 of them making it a total of +153 to a stat (assuming most people use that gem for the main stat and not spread it around.)
    BS gets 2 extra gems slots, and top gems are 40 making it, as you said, +80 total.
    JC isnt bad now, its just nerfed to stay with the other professions.

and do not forget professions are supposed to be professions not buffers..
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

The JC gems will probably be buffed in a later patch and they just didn't want to buff JC's so early when epic gems are far from that common.

Quote Originally Posted by Parcifal View Post
    You forget that now its 51 per gem. You can have 3 of them making it a total of +153 to a stat (assuming most people use that gem for the main stat and not spread it around.)
    BS gets 2 extra gems slots, and top gems are 40 making it, as you said, +80 total.
    JC isnt bad now, its just nerfed to stay with the other professions.
    No, you earn 51 stats TOTAL, since the epic gems are 50stats, and epic gems 67, 17*3... sucks ;>

Realize that it's only less than other professions if you actually have full epic gems.

It's still +81 until you've replaced all but your 3 Chim Eyes with Epics.

Versus non-JC players, it's still +81 until they've replaced all but 3 gems with Epics.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    The JC gems will probably be buffed in a later patch and they just didn't want to buff JC's so early when epic gems are far from that common.
    What this man said. When epic gems become the norm, that's when you should expect to see buffed Chimera Eyes, not before.

While blue quality gems are still the baseline/average, your JC gems are still worth the 81 extra points against the normal.

Deleted
    JC got nerfed to now only provide +51 versus +80 of any other profession (excluding blacksmithing which is +100 now) when talking about the new gem options.
    I know for myself that i won't be decked out in those new epic gems anytime soon (i'm planning on only using them for heroic gear anyways) and thus it doesn't impact me that much, being a Jewelcrafter myself. You might argue the other way round though, as changing the chimera eye cuts would be a flat + 30 buff for all non-raiders who don't sit on a ton of gold. Still, those usually aren't concerend with min-maxing this much.

Before this patch JC was the best gold maker profession.

IN this patch they buffed the gold made by the profession.

No, its doesnt suck, its not even close as how much does other professions suck.

You haven't lost anything until your entire gear set - 3 sockets is in epic gems. Raise your hand if you're at that point. Anyone? Anyone?

I wouldn't be surprised if as the gems drop and become more common JC gets that buff, but right now if you're asking for it you're just asking to be stronger than every other profession.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    This. If Chimera's Eyes were buffed to give +100 stats right when 4.3 came, it'd be by far the best, since epic gems are rare. It'll come eventually, mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Before this patch JC was the best gold maker profession.

IN this patch they buffed the gold made by the profession.

No, its doesnt suck, its not even close as how much does other professions suck.
    This isn't the point. The OP is clearly referencing the overall benefit of the profession as a raiding profession. All the other professions that provide a benefit provide an 80 stat benefit. Blacksmith will eventually provide a 100 stat benefit with the new epic gems.

When all but your 3 chimera eyes are converted to epic gems, unless JC is buffed, JC will only provide a 51 stat benefit. Which is almost half of what BS will provide at that stage.

Edit: Sigh, i was thinking of the old enchants for some reason, sorry my bad. We do get 80 agility.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2011-12-01 at 08:04 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune