Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Got like 80, um no?

As an enchanter i get a measly 80 extra AP from the profession, which is the equivalent of like 35-38 agility. So stop complaining.
    80 agi but nice try

Quote Originally Posted by MrE View Post
    well why should you get a buff when others wouldn't, the only profession the gets a good benefit is BS over the others 100 stats compared to 80. be upset when engis get a new helm and cogs though that wont happen.
    3 epic red gems 0 150 prime stat. 3x jc gems 3x67= 201 201-150= 51 thats the benefit you get from jc now. All other profesions give + 80 stats i.e. jc is now worst. BS is best whit 2x50 stat = 100 main stat. So instead of being on par whit rest its now worst. they should have at least made the jc gems +77 stat to make it on par whit rest of profs raid wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Got like 80 lol, um no?

As an enchanter i get a measly 80 extra AP from the profession, which is the equivalent of like 35-38 agility. So stop complaining.
    Why lie? You get 40 Agility per ring as an Enchanter.

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame View Post
    This isn't the point. The OP is clearly referencing the overall benefit of the profession as a raiding profession. All the other professions that provide a benefit provide an 80 stat benefit. Blacksmith will eventually provide a 100 stat benefit with the new epic gems.

When all but your 3 chimera eyes are converted to epic gems, unless JC is buffed, JC will only provide a 51 stat benefit. Which is almost half of what BS will provide at that stage.
    Emphasized the key part for you. We are not anywhere near that stage. That stage will be when all your gear except <3 slots have epic gems for JC to lose its effectiveness. It will be when all your gear + the 2 bonus slots have epic gems for BS to take the lead. You know what can and is likely to happen around "that stage"? A happy fun patch that changes them.

There's only 1 group of people that should be concerned about this, and that's world first people that want/need to drop JC for BS and buy every damn gem they can get to hit "that stage" way faster than normal to max those stats. However, if you're in a world 1st guild having to do things like that IS NOTHING NEW. Remember drums of speed or whatever it was for LW? That's the price you pay to be the best. That's what makes you the best.

TLDR: If you're not in a world first guild, quit complaining it doesn't affect you. If you are in a world first guild, quit complaining, it's what you signed up for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veroxa View Post
    3 epic red gems 0 150 prime stat. 3x jc gems 3x67= 201 201-150= 51 thats the benefit you get from jc now. All other profesions give + 80 stats i.e. jc is now worst. BS is best whit 2x50 stat = 100 main stat. So instead of being on par whit rest its now worst. they should have at least made the jc gems +77 stat to make it on par whit rest of profs raid wise.
    We're balance with all other professions until epic gems are in every socket. THAT is when we'll get the buff. Not before then. You'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Veroxa View Post
    51 is the maximum benefit you will get when epic gems are commonplace and have replaced rare gems in all of your slots.

If, when that has happened the Eyes have not been buffed, there is a viable complaint. Until then, however, you would see the reverse complaint, i.e., that it's unfair for JC to be providing +100 before epic gems are widely available.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

yes, for the 0 people in the world who have all epic gems JC is not as good as other professions.

For every other person in the world it's the exact same and will be buffed at some point to match the quality of epic gems.

Deleted
    i assume JC buff will return in 1-2 weeks after ppl start having 2-3 epics gems in their gear

Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    So yea, the buff to Chimera's Eye got reverted, that means jc only gives 51+ in a primary stat, compared to other proffesions which got like 80.. really? or am i missing something..
    sorry to disapoint but ur kinda right the new gems are 50 agains the 51 gc gems not worth it imo

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sorry to disapoint but ur kinda right the new gems are 50 agains the 51 gc gems not worth it imo
    Right now it gives 81. Do you have all epic gems? Anyone you know have all epic gems? No? Then it gives 81. People are saying it's not worth it before that point has actually arrived, and ignore that blizzard has these things called "patches" which can change it when that time comes.

Let me break it down for you people. Right now everything gives an equal benefit. People don't have enough epic gems to make it not as good. People don't hav eenough epic gems to make BS stronger.
    IF they changed it right now then JC would be better than the rest.
    If they don't change it right now, then it's balanced. How are you actually complaining about this? Do you realize you're asking for an unfair advantage, or are you in denial about the truth of the situation?

//this message brought to you buy a fellow JC x2

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i assume JC buff will return in 1-2 weeks after ppl start having 2-3 epics gems in their gear
    Why would it come then? Then it's better than the rest. It shouldn't happen until people have only 2-3 REGULAR gems in their gear. Until then it is as strong as the other professions.

acording to the epic jc plans i have all red gems are +50 stat and the stam one is +75 while the jc gems are +67 of a stat still cactrot so i dono where ur getting 81 from

the green yellow and purple are +25 x stat and +25 y stat

i have 3 jc gems in my mains gear and they are still 67 unless theres new jewellers gems i have found goijng to check now

went to the vendor no new ones
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2011-12-01 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    acording to the epic jc plans i have all red gems are +50 stat while the jc gems are +67 of a stat still cactrot so i dono where ur getting 81 from

the green yellow and purple are +25 x stat and +25 y stat

i have 3 jc gems in my mains gear and they are still 67 unless theres no jewellers gems i have found goijng to check now
    JC gems are +67. The gems in your gear are +40. By replacing those, you get 27 points in three gems. 27 x 3 = 81.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    JC gems are +67. The gems in your gear are +40. By replacing those, you get 27 points in three gems. 27 x 3 = 81.

man my maths sucks tonight better go to be then...

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Why would it come then? Then it's better than the rest. It shouldn't happen until people have only 2-3 REGULAR gems in their gear. Until then it is as strong as the other professions.
    Because in another 2-3 weeks people will have epic gems. The price is already dropping and they are starting to flood the market. People are going to be starting heroics with a guaranteed epic per boss. In a few weeks it won't be difficult to find enough to swap out all your gems.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    Because in another 2-3 weeks people will have epic gems. The price is already dropping and they are starting to flood the market. People are going to be starting heroics with a guaranteed epic per boss. In a few weeks it won't be difficult to find enough to swap out all your gems.
    Oh, well, in that case they should TOTALLY make JC better than the rest for now. It's not like they do maintenance each week that could easily include the patch with the stat changes (assuming it can't be done in a hotfix.) It's not like we've already had a patch with an update since the major release. Yes, give one profession an advantage because in some unknown arbitrary amount of time it may become underpowered.

MY profession being OP now is clearly better than waiting, applying a patch, and keeping professions balanced both now and later.

Full epic gems for most players who don't want to spend 300,000g on gems won't happen until a few more months yet and at that for the very best players (as heroics give everyone a guaranteed epic of either red/purple/orange quality). I'm quire sure they will buff JC if they feel it's necessary, but at that point if you have full epic gems in your full heroic gear progression is over for you and I don't see what is upsetting about a 30 stat difference while farming in the last tier of an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Oh, well, in that case they should TOTALLY make JC better than the rest for now. It's not like they do maintenance each week that could easily include the patch with the stat changes (assuming it can't be done in a hotfix.) It's not like we've already had a patch with an update since the major release. Yes, give one profession an advantage because in some unknown arbitrary amount of time it may become underpowered.

MY profession being OP now is clearly better than waiting, applying a patch, and keeping professions balanced both now and later.
    Look, you responded to the guy saying he thought they would add it in within 2 weeks or so. You asked why then and I answered you politely. There was zero reason for the attitude, especially when all you have basically said is exactly same thing as before just with more QQ.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Realize that it's only less than other professions if you actually have full epic gems.
    That.

JC would only suck when you have HC modes on farm.
    And by that point, what do you need?

Deleted
    Its coming in a few weeks when they realize its missing.

There already was a thread about this here.

The answer is: the buff to Chimera Eyes will be hotfixed in a few weeks, when Blizz considers that enough people have epic gems to justify it.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."