Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Full epic gems for most players who don't want to spend 300,000g on gems won't happen until a few more months yet and at that for the very best players (as heroics give everyone a guaranteed epic of either red/purple/orange quality). I'm quire sure they will buff JC if they feel it's necessary, but at that point if you have full epic gems in your full heroic gear progression is over for you and I don't see what is upsetting about a 30 stat difference while farming in the last tier of an expansion.
    The thing is that no other profession is getting "nerfed" like this..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madowx View Post
    The thing is that no other profession is getting "nerfed" like this..
    none of the people with BS is gonna take advantage over the +20 extra stats till they have their entire gear decked out with epic gems either.

It's because of the scarcity of the new epic gems. JCs will only be behind other professions (excluding blacksmiths) when they have less than three non epic gems in their gear. As long as they still have at least three non epic gems, they'll still get +80 stats.

If the JC-only gems got buffed straigth away, JC would become the strongest profession. Since you'd get extra stats simply for logging in. Currently Blacksmithing has the best stat buff, since they can put their new epic gems in the extra slots they can craft in gloves/bracers.

I reckon that as soon as raiders start getting more and more epic gems in their gear, they'll redo all profession bonusses. That would also be a good time to add the gem transmutes to increase supply of epic gems.

I think JC is fine as long as people are still using blue gems in their gear, which they are. Only when it becomes the case where players are in full epic, will JC gems have to be upgraded.

By making the gems rarer they've keep blue gems alive. Replacing your blue gems still gives you the same bonus.

If I was to deal with this I would add new recipies for JCs, which combine the JC epic gem with a raid drop epic gem, to provide a super-epic gem that has scaled correctly.

As for the issue with BS, I would make their bonus sockets rare level only.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Not to mention Ive made over 30k from selling cut Inferno Rubies the past couple of days, so people are still using them. I hope as epic gems become more common we get a buff but if we don't I won't cry about it.

Jut talked to a GM. JC buff to their specific gems will be introduced in al later patch to DS while more epic gems in circulation.

Deleted
    I think they will buff it to 84 for the JC gems. so it is 84-50= 34. 3X34= 102
    to bring it in line with the 100 stats you get from BS.
    all the orther professions will get the same buff.
    The same thing happend in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Veroxa View Post
    3 epic red gems 0 150 prime stat. 3x jc gems 3x67= 201 201-150= 51 thats the benefit you get from jc now. All other profesions give + 80 stats i.e. jc is now worst. BS is best whit 2x50 stat = 100 main stat. So instead of being on par whit rest its now worst. they should have at least made the jc gems +77 stat to make it on par whit rest of profs raid wise.
    With how rare epic gems are, the only people with full epic gems are those with a million gold.

---------- Post added 2011-12-03 at 07:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greyback View Post
    Jut talked to a GM. JC buff to their specific gems will be introduced in al later patch to DS while more epic gems in circulation.
    That's the kind of thing you really need to take a screenshot of for proof.
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    Just get BS, they'll have +100 in their main stat, while the rest has 80 and jc 51.

I'd still class LW as best raiding prof due to drums of speed however.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the hotfix is already created and Bliz will deploy it (like ppl have already said) once enough epic gems are on the market. Bliz devs do get paid to think about and have plans for this kind of stuff

Pretending a gear set with 10 red sockets.

Character 1 with JC:
    No Epic gems
    7 x 40 + 3 x 67 = 481 (81 "bonus points")
    5 Epic Gems
    5 x 50 + 2 x 40 + 3 x 67 = 531 (81)
    6 epic gems
    6 x 50 + 40 + 3 x 67 = 541 (81)
    Full Epic Gems
    7 x 50 + 3 x 67 = 551 (81/71/61/51 depending if the competition has 7/8/9/10 epic gems)

Character 2 with BS and therefore 12 sockets:
    No Epic gems
    12 x 40 = 480 (80)
    5 Epic Gems
    5 x 50 + 7 x 40 = 530 (80)
    10 Epic Gems
    10 x 50 + 2 x 40 = 580 (80)
    Full Epic
    12 x 50 = 600 (100)

A noob with no prof: ( for reference values only)
    No epics
    10 x 40 = 400
    5 epics
    5 x 50 + 5 x 40 = 450
    6 epics
    6 x 50 + 4 x 40 = 460
    7 epics
    7 x 50 + 3 x 40 = 470
    10 epics
    10 x 50 = 500

No extra points for BS untill one of the last 2 sockets is filled and they'll need 2 extra epic gems get max bonus!
    No loss for the JC until all but 3 sockets are filled with epic gems and they'll be "full" 3 gems before anyone else.

Edit:
    Conclusion:
    JC is still the best profession out there by that 1 point. It will remain to be the best profession for a while.
    For a HC raider that time will be around 2-3 weeks. For a casual player it will be much longer.
    Last edited by nefz; 2011-12-05 at 12:34 AM.