Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Demo dps on madness of deathwing

Anyone else doing considerably lower dps on the madness of dw fight? I usually have no problems keeping up with the rest of the raid but on this fight I'm just lacking behind. Everyone's doing between 55-60k dps while I'm doing around 44k. The only person below me is a hunter. So might be a pet problem?

The warlock in our guild who ran demo last night did around 40k-ish, Looking at some other logs most demo locks on this fight were rather low.
    Cyner#1996

Indeed my damage was TERRIBLE on that fight, not sure if it was because of a bug though, I hope so.

On a slightly unrelated topic, as demo, how were you handling elementium bolts/blistering tentacles? The demo log in our guild, over the course of 4 bolts was only doing 200k damage to the bolts at most. I know they're a dot class, but is there a rotation shortcut by using fillers or something when the add is only going to be a live for less than 5 seconds?

Thanks in advaaaaance

We spent most of the night struggling against the spine's cutscene, but on the few attempts we did I seemed to do just fine. I would pop Meta at about the beginning of every platform and just go from there.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...ce/?enc=bosses

@Crakers - short of getting on it sooner than he was, he's probably doing his best. Warlocks can't do shit over the course of 5 seconds
    Last edited by Penguin FTW; 2011-12-02 at 12:47 AM.

Deleted
    10man here:

We did it with 1 Tank, and in the end decided to all focus the tentacle till it dies even if that means a meteor comes through just to ensure a second impale doesnt occur. Saved Meta for begining of each platform, no sense to pop it twice to damage the claw when it dies either way. Make a target macro for meteor, but you can only target it when its almost at the claw. I just cast immolate, shadowflame and sometimes corruption on meteor, then nuke spells. Never had meta for aoe/adds. Single targeted the small tentacles that can't be aoe'd at 4th platform.

Saved DG for head phase. Immolate, then just single target nuke on adds there. Ended up 44,5k Dps(e) WoL / 49k on recount at death but was for sure lower at the 3rd/4th platform. 450k on 4 meteors but pet not included i suppose.
    Last edited by mmoc8896ed20d8; 2011-12-02 at 04:47 AM.

Thanks man, thought it might have been the case, but I've never played a lock to know. Think he's gonna try desto next raid night.

Meta is up for every platform so demo works out pretty well for the fight.

i had about 36k dps on our killing try....and i was ranked last in our 25man raid

edit: here the wol link http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11638&e=12319

first raid with 4.3.... and i'm a bit confused by incinerate or/and shadowbolt as a filler.
    anyone can make a clear statement?

my warlocks name is blæck
    Last edited by blacki84; 2011-12-01 at 11:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah for whatever reason Demo does not seem to tear it up on this fight. Our destro lock put up significantly better numbers than our demo/afflocks this past week.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Deleted
    I was doing 40.3k for our kill tonight in 10man, I was using meta form on the start and saved pot + doomguard for last phase.

I had to nuke the adds in last phase so got low on dps. I am using incinirate as a filler, anyone can confirm this is our new filler?

For what feels like the thousandth time. Incinerate is only a filler on patchwerk style fights. As soon as you start having to hit more than one target SB is better.

10 man here.we killed the boss and i did 39k dps as affliction.383 ilvl and no legendary.
    I was the last dps on recount . I will try demon next week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zecarro View Post
    10 man here.we killed the boss and i did 39k dps as affliction.383 ilvl and no legendary.
    I was the last dps on recount . I will try demon next week
    I was Demon but am going for Destro next time. Demon burst is too slow for the shards imho and my pet was being difficult when switching targets or platforms.

Deleted
    Had our first trys there yesterday. Pulled 45-48k as Affliction. But we had some problems keeping the tanks alive on the last platform while the bolt is coming. So don't know what the DPS over the whole fight (including P2) would be :/

Deleted
    Yeah I was struggling to maintain high dps, mostly due to the bloody blistering tentacles, as was just having to nuke, although I am not too fussed I came below a fire mage, spriest and frost dk which are always gonna be higher on a fight such as that so meh, but then I didn't really get enough time to test stuff out as we killed it so fast on wednesday but oh well will see next week :-P. Also Zerephon its obvious affi dps will be higher on that fight due to the amount of target switching and the ability to multi dot several targets.

Deleted
    Yeah thats what I wanted to point out. I think it's a pretty good fight for Affliction if the group can kill the bolts fast enough

Deleted
    am i the only one noticing sometimes aura of gul'dan didnt enter on certain targets of the fight? or it was some random bug they fixed already? ill probably try aff next kill, multidot seems really powerfull there.

Quote Originally Posted by bknight View Post
    am i the only one noticing sometimes aura of gul'dan didnt enter on certain targets of the fight? or it was some random bug they fixed already? ill probably try aff next kill, multidot seems really powerfull there.
    happens on Mutated Corruption.

So basically go affliction/destro for this fight if you have an elemental? Doing the fight this weekend. I'll probably go demo for Spine and reforge for Madness just for progression.