Madness of Deathwing 25 - What order works for you?

We are going to be trying this tonight. I've read that the suggested order is Ysera, Nozdormu, Kalecgos and then Alexstraza. Just want some feedback on what actually works best in live and what problems people have had with certain orders. Thanks!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pick the buffs and abilities you can do without first and leave the best for last.

We went green, red, yellow, blue. That let us keep up 20% buff the whole fight, and the haste buff on all but the last wing. Green is really really worthless and you'll need to stack some raid cd's to live through the fragment explosion without yellow. We weren't keeping blue til last at first, but didn't have the aoe to kill the adds without it. It was easiest for us to single target red adds, and be able to burst through the globs, than to keep the tank up while tanking all the globs.

On a side note make sure you make use of green in the last phase, and make sure you don't push below 5% with tentacles out. There is just to much raid damage trying to kill tentacles when you've already got the boss below 5%. We had two 2% wipes before we realized we could stop at 6%, kill tentacles then push him over for the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    Pick the buffs and abilities you can do without first and leave the best for last.
    Pro response... DONT KNOW WHY I DIDNT THINK OF DOING THIS /rolleyes

I know there's multiple ways of doing it according to your guild's strengths, but I was looking for feedback on the way YOU did it and what seemed to work and what problems you were having.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post
    Pro response... DONT KNOW WHY I DIDNT THINK OF DOING THIS /rolleyes

I know there's multiple ways of doing it according to your guild's strengths, but I was looking for feedback on the way YOU did it and what seemed to work and what problems you were having.
    You could prevent acknowledging a post you don't like, and make use of the one that is trying to help. The Raiding Rainbows video by Logoz shows exactly what I meant by not pushing below 5% and getting tentacles. They managed a kill with 3 people left alive, we weren't so lucky. When we waited and pushed after the second set died we were able to kill it with 24 alive.

RR video also kept red up last, we killed red second. They had a ton of very good aoe though that were able to kill bloods (although just barely) without the 20% buff. So while you disregarded the Premonition guys post maybe you should have taken the time to read it, and actually think of what your raid comp will look like in comparison to others.

Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    You could prevent acknowledging a post you don't like, and make use of the one that is trying to help. The Raiding Rainbows video by Logoz shows exactly what I meant by not pushing below 5% and getting tentacles. They managed a kill with 3 people left alive, we weren't so lucky. When we waited and pushed after the second set died we were able to kill it with 24 alive.

RR video also kept red up last, we killed red second. They had a ton of very good aoe though that were able to kill bloods (although just barely) without the 20% buff. So while you disregarded the Premonition guys post maybe you should have taken the time to read it, and actually think of what your raid comp will look like in comparison to others.
    Didn't refresh the page after seeing his post, so I didn't see yours right away Thank you for your response. Yea, I've been spending time thinking about our strengths and weaknesses and what would fit best for us. It's just nice to get other thought process involved from people who have tried it/downed it. Sometimes what sounds good on paper and in my head doesn't work out in actuality. I get what he was saying, but that's too vague and is the answer for every question in regards to any kind of strategy. I get that we need to do what works for us, but I wanted to know what was working for other people so that we could have a decent starting place and hear problems people have come into and what was done to counteract them.