Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I enjoy looking fit.
    Good for you.

I'd say neither. Gyms aren't required to get into good shape, and cardio is your route to weight loss. With that said, a treadmill is no substitute for actual running/jogging.

Get a good pair of running shoes (if you do not have yet), go outside and run. It's really that simple, and no matter how far from fit you are... Getting out there and running on actual ground is much more rewarding than anything else IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Here's some reality for you, we are all going to die no matter how many marathons we run. There is absolutely no reason to spend 5 nights in the gym every week just to satisfy judgemental arseholes. If you enjoy sitting on your arse playing wow and drinking soda go for it. You only live once, do what you enjoy.
    You are still young probably. Once you get over 30, you will realise that even getting up in the morning can be hell if you dont watch out for your body.

You only live once, yes. You only have one body, too.

It's like brushing your teeth. It's a quality of life thing.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    You are still young probably. Once you get over 30, you will realise that even getting up in the morning can be hell if you dont watch out for your body.

You only live once, yes. You only have one body, too.

It's like brushing your teeth. It's a quality of life thing.
    I agree, it is a complete quality of life thing. The quality of my life has been drastically improved by not listening to pious arseholes bang on about how many reps they can do and instead sitting at home watching TV and eating Chinese food. Hell, in the quality of life stakes I'd put eating Chinese food and watching TV above anything to do with running marathons.

Quote Originally Posted by docatron View Post
    (hell, even sword fighting... totally useless, but fun and very elegant)
    Sword fighting isn't useless. You never know when you'll end up in a heated sword battle with someone who just broke into your house, while some crazy music that doesn't fit at all plays mysteriously.

Though, OT, I'd recommend something like martial arts. Can be a lot of fun if you find a style that you enjoy.

I agree, it is a complete quality of life thing. The quality of my life has been drastically improved by not listening to pious arseholes bang on about how many reps they can do and instead sitting at home watching TV and eating Chinese food. Hell, in the quality of life stakes I'd put eating Chinese food and watching TV above anything to do with running marathons.
    As always, there is the middle ground between the two extremes.

Your choice to be ignorant Your fat ass, not mine.

User was infracted for this post. Watch the language!
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-12-02 at 02:50 PM.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoflower View Post
    As always, there is the middle ground between the two extremes.

Your choice to be ignorant Your fat ass, not mine.
    The quality of my life has been drastically improved by not listening to pious arseholes

Here are some characters.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-12-02 at 02:49 PM.

If you're worried about "losing weight too fast," that won't happen.
    Especially if you're hooking yourself up to a cardio-workout machine while you game.

However, doing so would probably be incredibly beneficial for your health, well being, and how you feel (not to mention fitness).

Especially since cardio workouts, once you break the 30-minute mark, are the best form of workout to burn body fast.
    Also, if you're doing this during long gaming sessions, AND you tend to not work out too much right now, this will probably help to build up a decent amount of muscle in your legs and core (which is an excellent platform and motivation for more serious working out).

Overall, my opinion is that, if you're willing to do it, are willing to deal with the difficulties of starting a cardio routine, definitely do it.

Honestly, the thing I hate the most about my gaming hobby is that I can easily lose track of the time I planned to go to the gym (or simply end up not wanting to go), so this is a pretty epic idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would enjoy the gym better, you should really try these wieght loss sups I used a while back they're some kind of caffiene pill but you feel full after like 600calories which is great

Quote Originally Posted by Valoranos View Post
    Sword fighting isn't useless. You never know when you'll end up in a heated sword battle with someone who just broke into your house, while some crazy music that doesn't fit at all plays mysteriously.

Though, OT, I'd recommend something like martial arts. Can be a lot of fun if you find a style that you enjoy.
    No... sword fighting is pretty useless there, Morpheus. In this day in age, I'd rather not risk it and shoot the would-be-robbers knee out, then patch him up and send him to the hospital for spite.

Though, an actual sword fight would be pretty nerve racking and fun, it would be about the same chances of winning the powerball 3 times in a row.

[QUOTE=Istaril;14457068]*Shrug*

Who cares if other people think it's sad?

Do what you want to do and enjoy doing it. Simplest advice that can be given really, in the end, it doesn't really matter what other people think, it's what you think.[/QUOTE
    i agree with this opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by docatron View Post
    No... sword fighting is pretty useless there, Morpheus. In this day in age, I'd rather not risk it and shoot the would-be-robbers knee out, then patch him up and send him to the hospital for spite.

Though, an actual sword fight would be pretty nerve racking and fun, it would be about the same chances of winning the powerball 3 times in a row.
    Yeah, last time someone broke in, the shotgun scared them off. Personally, I'd shoot to kill, unless they were unarmed. Then I'd probably have a little fun with one of my swords.

OT: As I said, martial arts. So many different styles out there, you're bound to find one you like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoranos
    unless they were unarmed. Then I'd probably have a little fun with one of my swords.
    That would get you sent to jail.
    Where the inmates would then have fun with their swords.
    If you catch my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    That would get you sent to jail.
    Where the inmates would then have fun with their swords.
    If you catch my drift.
    Not here in Pennsylvania. If someone breaks in, it's open season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    If you're worried about "losing weight too fast," that won't happen.
    Especially if you're hooking yourself up to a cardio-workout machine while you game.

However, doing so would probably be incredibly beneficial for your health, well being, and how you feel (not to mention fitness).

Especially since cardio workouts, once you break the 30-minute mark, are the best form of workout to burn body fast.
    Also, if you're doing this during long gaming sessions, AND you tend to not work out too much right now, this will probably help to build up a decent amount of muscle in your legs and core (which is an excellent platform and motivation for more serious working out).

Overall, my opinion is that, if you're willing to do it, are willing to deal with the difficulties of starting a cardio routine, definitely do it.

Honestly, the thing I hate the most about my gaming hobby is that I can easily lose track of the time I planned to go to the gym (or simply end up not wanting to go), so this is a pretty epic idea.
    exactly what i tought. i run like 2-3 times a week but i have to drag myself outside and sometimes i cant get myself to do it dispite the fact that i feel good after it and that its healthy and whatnot. this might be an epic idea for when im gonna live on my own next year