Deleted

Please help my friend with his BSOD's. He cant play WoW at all. (DUMP INCLUDED)

Everytime he enters a dungeon in WoW he gets a BSOD..

Specs: 2500k @ 4.6ghz
    2x 2GB Kingston 1.5v 1333mhz RAM DDR3
    HD 6970

XFX 650W PSU with 54A on a single 12v rail

Heres his dump: http://www.mediafire.com/?08e4ny8676h4q8l

edit: Also heard that sometimes in Skyrim his screen randomly gets cut in half onto opposite sides. O_o
    But when he plays BF3 (most demanding game) He gets nothing at all. No BSOD's or anything.

Could be driver corruption. Tell him to get a driver cleaner program and reinstall to the latest non-beta nvidia driver.

download a program like speedfan to monitor temps. check to make sure all connections in the computer are properly attached.

What's the stop code? I know I could get the dmp but the stop code would be good enough usually.

I'll take a look shortly, also..which version of Windows is he running?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has he tried running at stock speeds?

This is basically what I'd recommend first. I don't run Intel, but WoW was incredibly picky about overclocking on my last machine, whereas other programs were not.

Deleted
    He's already been running all this for about a month without problems though.. :/
    Hes running W7 64

From reading the dump file, it is saying:

"Probably caused by : hardware"

Bugcheck gives me the following:

"BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel"

Also shows some issues with hal.dll/ntoskrnl.exe.

The following site will give you more information on the Ox124 STOP error, which is what is causing the issue. As others have said, it is likely due to the OC'd. It could just be that the computer can't handle the OC anymore. If your friend is going to OC, then run Prime95 and let that stress test the pc. If the pc crashes, then your pc will not handle the OC. That is the best way to find a stable OC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html
    Last edited by Adorada; 2011-12-02 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adorada's case is further backed up by the fact that CPU dependant games poop out(skyrim/WOW), whereas CPU independant games run fine (BF3).