Thread: LFR Experiences

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    3 very successful clears so far. Only had a couple wipes on Yor'sahj, and randomly on Zon'ozz trash. Sometimes a third of the raid will fold in half during the first minute of the fight, but you can reasonably down these bosses with only 16-18 people. Most do seem to know what they are doing...in fact many are overprepared, trying to point out mechanics that don't even apply in LFR.

One funny trend I've noticed is dps pulling the boss if the tank is taking too long. It happened at least twice. Definitely some LFD mentalities going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Pathetic..it is so easy...i can actually go afk from time to time, no real dmg cept in heavy aoe phases (which are rare)
    Don`t even need full 25 players...who cares about buffing ...or drinking fully
    wow is dead.
    You do realise that LFR is like LFD, only with 25 people instead of 5... If you want something decent do normal or heroic, obviously...
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldhil View Post
    Well, it went okay. Not really exciting though. I went with my disc priest, and as there's no healing assignement, I mostly just spammed a Greater heal whenever a health bar depleted, which wasn't great fun.

Overall, we pretty much zerged everything. Some people try to set up strategies, which is totally non-needed. There wasn't much convos going on. We wiped on the fourth boss and some drama/taunting ensued, but quickly stopped. I'd say it's about as boring as the LFG while levelling. Faceroll everything, loot, leave.
    I had the same issue as Disc, so I specced Holy because the raid healing was lacking, and we one shot the rest of the instance.

Deleted
    Had a first go at this yesterday. Random pug. Felt about as difficult as running through original Naxx at lvl 70 did back in TBC. Pugging heroics at Cata start was far harder than this.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Labe View Post
    My thought on LFR is that it doesent learn beginners to raid at all cause nothing matters what you do there, its just free acces for alt gearing and such.
    Definitely. You get to watch the scenery and get some gear but you learn nothing about raiding well.

Did it once so far on my enh shaman...was easy as HELL

only wiped twice on Yorsasjh, first was an accidental pull, second time we messed up on the slimes and a few to many people died.

There are no mechancis to really worry about, all of the bosses are easy as hell in LFR...normal though is a lot harder I hear.

Deleted
    I've run it on three chars so far, shaman healer (one shot first three, wiped once on hagara), mage (one shot everything) and shadow priest (wiped once on the slime-globule trash, one shot all bosses). No arguing, no whining, no loot moaning. Almost no tactics needed in all 4 - in fact, if everyone has even a miniscule amount of common sense, no tactics or leadership required. Timing ranged from 40 minutes to an hour and 5 and to be honest it was pretty boring but a pretty quick way of getting valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    People need to keep in mind that in 2-3 weeks, the scrubs will NO longer be boosted by "hardcore" raiders, since we will not have any reason to go there at all (right now some do it to test dps, others to get that 2 part bonus for progress).

Then the real fun/challenge begins for the puggers/alts, when they have to stand on their own legs. This is just a little word to those who say "OMG LFR IS TOO EASY". Yes it is VERY easy now when you get boosted, but it will change.

I am not saying that puggers will wipe endlessly, but the bosses wont just be steamrolled.
    Haven't raided anything other than BWD (twice), To4W (twice) and TWB (4 times or so). Came out in the top 3 dps on every fight when I went as a Spriest (with about 26K DPS, which seems laughable, given how people here casually talk about doing 35-40K...). Overall, I've yet to see a "hardcore raider" (ie. Ilvl 390 or so) in these LFR. None of the tanks I was with had more than 200K HP, and with my lowly 373 ilvl, I usually have more mana/HP/DPS than most other casters.
    Last edited by Meneldhil; 2011-12-02 at 12:06 PM.