Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The "New" New Holy Radiance

So pretty much everyone can agree Holy Radiance is OP right? And that it'll prob receive a nerf since paladins can't be OP for more then a few days, even though druids went an entire Tier just hitting 3 buttons... Do you think it'll be nerfed? And what do you think will change?

Personally, I think it will. I have done 8/8 DS and no healer can come close to me (25) even if they do sneak ahead, a few clicks later and im right at top. I think with the new heroics the added healing with be needed (Think of that third platform on Madness, or Heroic Ultraxion/Zon'ozz), and that this just seems so OP cause of how down right easy the mechanics in normal are, and it's coming down to MS/Reactions for healing.

Possible nerf: Increased Mana cost by 4%, and/or decreased initial heal.

You can't compare just numbers. The reason being is that healing is reacting unlike dps which is mostly stationary unless a boss moves. It is whoever can react in the most appropriate times will be on top of the HPS charts. In this case a holy paladin + grouped up people + aoe damage = just spam HR on random players without any thought and watch the ticks go by while you heal someone else at the same time.

Holy priests can sorta do that with sanctuary (although far weaker and more expensive) and disc can't do that. It is also determined on your role. If you are tank healing you will most like pull less HPS over raid healers during a raid healing fight to focus on tank survival more (which is why no HP has come close to beating me yet).

All in all its determaned by the player and player usage and how smart you use it, not the actual spell.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I cannot wait til it gets nerfed because of regulars, then we suck at everything in heroic modes, again. They always nerf holy paladins after regulars. Always.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love the change h palis are new druids its waay more aoe healing spam that and LoD and shit heals up more than druids

Deleted
    its OP.

true story

Deleted
    im playing a druid... and obv don' t agree that a druid could simply mash 3 buttons and win in HPS ... it depends on the fight.. and as with every healer.. reacton and smart healing.. simply spaming wild growth would put you last at HPS .. direct heals of a druid are the weakest ones.. but yes.. if you do .. try to do you best.. as every healer should.. in firelands you woulhave probs beat every healer...
    But all that blizz had to do is nerf a bit wild growth .. and we woulhave been in the same boat.. instead they decided to nerf us.. and buff everyone else..
    and made paladins OP.. the new druids .. or even worse.. cuz holy radience is.. just... " amazing" .. ... Though the thing i agree upon from the healer changes.. that shammans did need some buffs.. which they got..

Deleted
    It will be nerfed. Druids were top in pure raw HPS, but I still didn't consider them truly OP compared to pallies because pallies brought better tank healing and tons of CDs. Now pallies are the raw HPS monsters, while STILL having the option to do beast tank heals, while STILL having many beastly CDs. Oh and our 4pc will just increase the problem and as we get more spirit we'll be able to sustain HR spam even longer.

It WILL be nerfed. Most likely a 4pc nerf and a base healing nerf. Or perhaps they'll make our mastery not function with HR again, or they'll just make it not generate HoPo... I don't know. But I don't see it lasting in this state, we're literally master of all trades and jack of none.

Deleted
    Ok, it's OP at this moment...

But when you look to WoL rankings in Firelands 25H :
    Druids, druids and druids again.... except Baleroc and Shannox.

Time for us to top the HPS !

To be honest, it's not OP at all.
    I'm on par/just above our resto druid.
    It's all about the encounter and how good or shitty your fellow healers are.

Deleted
    It is OP, druids did need a nerf, but everyone else (apart from Shammies) did not need a buff!

Wait for the Nerf, Blizz don't want Pallies to be AoE healers, they like the tank healing approach. YOU CANT BE AMAZING AT BOTH!

You can't refer to just numbers. It is nice to stare at skada/recoutn being at the top when spamming HR, just remember - you have tanks to be kept alive.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    It will be nerfed. Druids were top in pure raw HPS, but I still didn't consider them truly OP compared to pallies because pallies brought better tank healing and tons of CDs. Now pallies are the raw HPS monsters, while STILL having the option to do beast tank heals, while STILL having many beastly CDs. Oh and our 4pc will just increase the problem and as we get more spirit we'll be able to sustain HR spam even longer.
    Exactly this. Druids didn't bring many CD's and it was made up by their raw healing output.

Paladins have amazing CDs, the best tank healing, and with holy radiance the best raid heal bringing the highest raw HPS.
    The spell will be nerfed, either the healing done, or the mana cost, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Druids didn't bring many CD's
    Battle res and Tranq say hello. Seriously, those two are probably more valuable than any Pally cd (IMO).
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

It's only op in certain situations, so I fail to see the need to immediately nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Battle res and Tranq say hello. Seriously, those two are probably more valuable than any Pally cd (IMO).
    Aura Mastery + Resi aura for most AoE damage, Hand of Sac as tank CD, LoH as tank CD... Hand of Protection as magic damage reduction.
    Battle-Rez is spread on many classes now, that leaves tranq as the only CD. And even then, Tranq was only a raw healing CD. Damage Preventions CDs are a lot better.

Further, the Dragonsoul Encounter design on basically every fight is: "if AoE damage, stack up". That favors HR by a lot, on the other hand it's pretty crappy for WG, whichs bonus was the 30 yard AoE range. So basically the encounter design is what makes HR this overpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by colbat View Post
    Ok, it's OP at this moment...

But when you look to WoL rankings in Firelands 25H :
    Druids, druids and druids again.... except Baleroc and Shannox.

Time for us to top the HPS !
    You obv didn't play at the start of Cata? .. when paladins toped all the metters? ..
    id say.. it's FINALLY.. time for shamans to top the metters.. even though im not a shaman.. but they really deserve it..

Deleted
    what about holy priest in 25m no one can catch them on hps

basically the encounter design is what makes HR this overpowered.
    Agree 100% there. I doubt HR would seem very OP at all if we were still in 4.2. Sure, 4.2 had it's "stack up" phases, but not even close.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Aura Mastery + Resi aura for most AoE damage, Hand of Sac as tank CD, LoH as tank CD... Hand of Protection as magic damage reduction.
    Battle-Rez is spread on many classes now, that leaves tranq as the only CD. And even then, Tranq was only a raw healing CD. Damage Preventions CDs are a lot better.

Further, the Dragonsoul Encounter design on basically every fight is: "if AoE damage, stack up". That favors HR by a lot, on the other hand it's pretty crappy for WG, whichs bonus was the 30 yard AoE range. So basically the encounter design is what makes HR this overpowered.
    Our CD's are single target mostly and do not interfere with looking good on meters which is what we are discussing here. And I agree with the second part.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2011-12-02 at 04:30 PM.

Almost useless for PVP now... when will blizzard learn that WoW is not all about PVE?