Deleted

HP pavilion g6-1190sm

Hello!

I have a question about this laptop. Thing is, it has Ati Radeon HD6470M inside, together with onboard graphic card. And so far (i only ran windows itself) when i check about graphic card, it says that Intel HD card is in use. I've read something about AMD Switchable Graphics Technology, but the thing is, Windows show intel hd card (when i go under screen resolution-advanced settings) even when laptop is pluged in.

Any suggestions on that or is that how it should be?

Deleted
    I presume you're using Windows 7. First thing you want to do is check that it actually exists in device manager (Computer -> System Properties -> Device Manager -> Display Adaptors). If it's not there, your laptop has been mis-sold or is faulty. If it is there, go to Control Panel -> Adjust Screen Resolution -> Advanced Settings, and you'll probably be able to switch it to display via the 6470M there. Or you might be able to do it in the Device Manager by simply enabling the 6470M and disabling the IntelHD? I'm not 100% sure, cos I've not had this issue myself, I'm just saying what I'd try in the circumstances.

Deleted
    Cheers for fast responce.

I've done basicly all you said. As of advanced settings, there's nothing I can switch to. Concerning device manager, both devices are there, but if I disable Intel one, radeon stops working.

Though I actually found smth about this issue: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...7/td-p/1045677

Anyone has any work-around or? Otherwise this is just...

I had to go into the BIOS and change the graphics mode (or something like that) from switchable to fixed. Then you can just right click on the desktop and there should be 'Configure Switchable Graphics' and you can just change it there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleshcrawl View Post
    Cheers for fast responce.

I've done basicly all you said. As of advanced settings, there's nothing I can switch to. Concerning device manager, both devices are there, but if I disable Intel one, radeon stops working.

Though I actually found smth about this issue: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...7/td-p/1045677

Anyone has any work-around or? Otherwise this is just...
    Damn, that sucks :/ One last thing you could try is updating all the drivers, installing the Catalyst Control Center and then seeing if you can fiddle with Display Adaptors in there? You -should- be able to, but then again, I thought my first few ideas would work >.<

Nah I just had a look on mine and the CCC has nothing. :/
    Last edited by mmoc3572bbcdc6; 2011-12-02 at 01:06 AM.

Deleted
    @Kayble: I wish I could, but there's no option like that in this BIOS (updated it). I have configure switchable graphics though when i rightclick on desktop, but I don't have any option to change it.

@Starbuy: Tried that as well x) Had no option at all to change adapter.

Deleted
    Found what the issue was and will post it for anyone who had simmilar issue:

Everything was actually working as intended. When program needs high preformance, ati graphic card switches on. Now the only thing that HP needs to fix is BIOS, since they have to add option for fixed or switched graphics (so you can choose which one to use or use both at the same time, like it is now).