Deleted

[Disc] Ultraxion 10M: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :>

Hey, just wanna share my experience w/ Ultraxion as Disc. So much funnnn! We had our first try on him last night, deciding to two heal it... me as Disc priest and my colleague as Resto Druid. Unfortunately his internet started freaking out at the start of the fight... so it was decided that I would take the red crystal, he the green, and then me on the blue again. After teaching people how to press their freaking button, we got a proper attempt and killed it np.

Healing was nuts. Was spamming like a mofo after getting blue... unfortunately for the druid his MS went up to 3k or something... so after the fight I had a sustained 51,000 HPS for 70% of the healing done w/ 38% going to DA and 38% going to PoH. lol :} Could basically solo heal that fight.

I run heavy mastery (52%), high haste (1400rating + running w/ a shadow priest), and average/low crit.

Good times!

EDIT: no WoL unfortunately cause we don't run it on normals :<

xo
    Last edited by mmoc162ec51c63; 2011-12-05 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    Nice one it's a fun fight indeed for pure healing, just wondering though how do you and some others read mastery and see such high numbers in the character sheet you have 20 so I generally base it from that number but am I wrong and should I be calculating other numbers on top?

My guild downed him last night also one shot with my self Disc and R druid two healing it though on Thursday we wiped 20 times in a row due to dps so the one shot is not much of an achievement. I forgot to record the log but I think both of us where on around 30k healing each and pretty close to each other, Druid took red buff I had green then blue.

I run slightly changed stats to your self, 20 mastery in character sheet + 5% from foul gift / 21% crit / 8.7% haste @ 1114 rating + 2% talent / 943 spirit.

How was your mana situation on the red buff? did it help you cast less or did you want to heal more due to massive DA stacks?

Deleted
    How do you mean read mastery? ;]

EDIT: I read your post more carefully ;p I just think of Mastery either in terms of character sheet (20ish) or % (50ish)... I don't have other buffs/procs that are affecting Mastery so... that's about it. :}

One way I think of understanding how my mastery is affecting a fight is just to look at Divine Aegis, PW:S, etc. and see what % of healing (rather, absorb) it is... in this case, Ultraxion, DA was the highest of all my abilities sitting at 38% of total done. :O Which is huge... I could have bubble spammed more, but it didn't make sense - particularly during the blue crystal where you have basically instant cast mana free Prayer of Healing. It would be much more ineffective to waste time trying to put bubbles on everyone... better to just spam the living crap out of PoH. :]

I'd be curious how your high crit, low haste approach affects mastery overall... it's probably better than how I run, but I like having a good amount of haste. :] Disc stats always come down to preference...

Anyways, to answer your question:

Knowing that I would have the blue crystal @ the end, with essentially unlimited mana... I basically burned through all my mana with the red crystal, using Jaws, etc. hymn of hope, also used my Shadowfiend. I mean, once I get the blue crystal it's GG for Ultraxion. So, I just used all the mana I could during the first part. :] I was probably down to ~30% mana when the blue crystal dropped. The red buff helps healing obviously, but there's plenty of healing to be done so you can still rip through mana pretty quick.

xo
    Last edited by mmoc162ec51c63; 2011-12-05 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    What I meant was I read this part:

Quote Originally Posted by SensCens View Post
    I run heavy mastery (52%)
    And I was wondering how exactly did you come up with 52% considering you have the same mastery as my self in character sheet i.e 20 or around 2000 rating, I have seen others stating large percentages before but could never figure out where they were getting them from.

I'd be curious how your high crit, low haste approach affects mastery overall... it's probably better than how I run, but I like having a good amount of haste. :] Disc stats always come down to preference...

High crit spec has served me well this expansion it has allowed me to gain more from mastery via DA and it reduces my reliance on regen due to 1 Gheal crit + DA being equal to 3x Gheals non crit so the higher crit / mastery I had the less spirit needed which allowed for more reforges into throughput. As for my haste and it being low you do realize that I only have 2% less haste then your self unbuffed

Knowing that I would have the blue crystal @ the end, with essentially unlimited mana... I basically burned through all my mana with the red crystal, using Jaws, etc. hymn of hope, also used my Shadowfiend. I mean, once I get the blue crystal it's GG for Ultraxion. So, I just used all the mana I could during the first part. :] I was probably down to ~30% mana when the blue crystal dropped. The red buff helps healing obviously, but there's plenty of healing to be done so you can still rip through mana pretty quick.
    In terms of mana left over I had around the same but our druid went red I had green then blue I saved HoH till after I got blue so I could top up the druid and give the mana users a boost for the end of the fight, mana really isn't an issue for Disc it seams well unless you go flat out and forget rapture.

Side note in regards to Ultraxion it reminds me of healing beth normal a week or two into firelands and two healing it without sending anyone up top, doing beth that was is still one of my favorite healing encounters and because the enrage was not a flat 6 minutes = dead the fight would go on longer if your healing could keep up and dps sucked.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-12-05 at 10:24 AM.

Two healing? Interesting. You mentioned that you grabbed two crystals, can you have multiple buffs or does it overwrite? If you can have multiple buffs, I can fully see this fight being solo healed in a few weeks/months.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I was wondering how exactly did you come up with 52% considering you have the same mastery as my self in character sheet i.e 20 or around 2000 rating, I have seen others stating large percentages before but could never figure out where they were getting them from.
    20% + 20 mastery (2.5% per point).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Two healing? Interesting. You mentioned that you grabbed two crystals, can you have multiple buffs or does it overwrite? If you can have multiple buffs, I can fully see this fight being solo healed in a few weeks/months.
    It overrides. But, blue buff is insane for a disc priest, in 10 man.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    It overwrites... ;] I hang out with the red one until the blue one drops.

And I was wondering how exactly did you come up with 52%
    Oh, hehe, I just mouseover the mastery stat on the character panel in game... it gives a percentage there. :]

As for my haste and it being low
    I meant, lower not necessarily low :]

xo

10+ Year Old Account
    It overwrites the buffs. So he would have had 100% healing and then when he took the blue crystal he would have lost the 100% buff and gained the Haste and reduced mana cost buff when he took the blue crystal. And I fully suspect the high masteries are coming from possibly swapping in a high mastery set of gear, mastery elixir and mastery food. :3

And I <3 Ultraxion. Fortunately we had the DPS to go with 5 DPS (beat the hard enrage by 1 sec. Get in ) So we 3 healers had a blast with a crystal each. I started on the red crystal, but after mentioning I had mana issues a few times (as holy mind you :P) myself and the rsham swapped and I got the blue and watched the meters soar.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    It overwrites the buffs. So he would have had 100% healing and then when he took the blue crystal he would have lost the 100% buff and gained the Haste and reduced mana cost buff when he took the blue crystal. And I fully suspect the high masteries are coming from possibly swapping in a high mastery set of gear, mastery elixir and mastery food. :3
    You can see on my armory how I run... :} I always run the same gear/reforging cause I'm lazy and I like it this way. No elixir and no food... I eat haste food. :]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Both my self and SensCens are dropping spirit in one way or another me to a more extreme, most of SensCens gear is standard spirit based with mainly Haste and Mastery and he has reforged most of his Spirit to Mastery.

In my case I have mostly non spirit gear with Crit, Haste, and Mastery and all spirit reforged to Crit and Mastery when raid buffed I have the standard Int food and pot you don't need to actively stack mastery everything to get loads of mastery just drop useless spirit ^^.
    Last edited by mmocb7bc0f26da; 2011-12-05 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah! FU Spirit!

Deleted

And I was wondering how exactly did you come up with 52%
    Oh, hehe, I just mouseover the mastery stat on the character panel in game... it gives a percentage there. :]
    I never notice that before it's 50% for me which would mean raid buffed with our usual raid setup I have:

17% haste / 29% crit + 10% WS / 50% mastery + 16% from foul gift ( procs every 25 seconds on average ).

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm running about 1.8k spirit for most fights, dont have many mana issues (check the madness kill in my sig to see how i handle it, just make sure you time the spot where you've uesd all your cds to be a low damage phase (such as when you land on a platform). On Ultraxion, I 2-healed it with a holy paladin (you're meant to 2 heal it btw), here's the log for it: link
    I took first and third buffs, he took second. Other than PoH the only other spells I was casting were PW: S for rapture and hastebuff and PoM on cooldown. I have 21% haste, 26% crit and around 46% mastery (I picked up the Foul Gift trinket at the weekend so I might use that for high aoe damage fights). I pulled 39k hps on our first try (2-shot it) as the paladin died but couldn't quite keep up right towards the end with the tank and raid damage. When we do heroic next week I might go holy for Ultraxion and Zon'ozz, with the divine hymn buffs holy will be insane on those stacked up fights, one of my friends who plays holy is seeing crits of over 45k on hymn, and he's in firelands normal/pvp gear as he's only just come back to raiding, with my level of gear I imagine it'll be healing for over 55-60k on crits.

The gear/stats on armoury aren't quite up to date as I picked up some t13/t12 pieces after raid in a bit of a rush and forgot to enchant/gem them, I'll do it when I get back from work but yeah. I'm also in my shadow gear lolllllllll.

If you've got any further questions just PM me on here/msg me on my skype (linked to the left) or respond here, I'm more than happy to talk for ever about priests :P <3
    Last edited by mmoc700620a63e; 2011-12-05 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling errors yo