The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Yor'sahj - Hunters keep dieing (Green - Yellow - Red)

So far...we've tried literally every combo of killing Red or Green or Yellow first, yet our hunters just keep getting destroyed during this grouping of slimes.

Anybody have any ideas why?

(Please don't spam this with ignorant flaming if you don't have anything helpful to say spanky..)

are you doing 10 or 25?

Are the hunters not standing with the group?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    10-man, the general kill-first would be green...but even doing that they just get butt-raped like they're wearing nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    are they not stacking in ? what we do for this colour is just kill green all stack on tanks and use some healing cd's (priest bubble) and it works fine becomes a little healer intensive but its prob the hardest combo we had in our kill

hunter main here killed him on ptr and live, and honestly there is no difference for a hunter and anyone else. it is there fault themselves
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kill green, stack up perfectly. Even a few yards away from the boss can mean that you get zomgowned by the red beam. I`m not sure if hunters have some min range issues, but if they do, tough luck. Better melee than dead

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    We downed it, got the Stop Light group on the very last group of slimes >_< BL took care of that though.

Hunters dont have a min range issue on this fight, tell them to not fail at stacking and kill green. They can literally be right up the bosses ass and still shoot just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Hunters dont have a min range issue on this fight, tell them to not fail at stacking and kill green. They can literally be right up the bosses ass and still shoot just fine.
    I don't know in which kind of server your hunter did that. But here on Blizzard's one My hunter still have the minimum range on Yor'sahj.

I honestly don't recall if we have minimum range on this guy or not but if we do, it's really easy to still be in the stack, as his hitbox is quite small if that is the case...I know for a fact that we can attack him very very close. So the hunter should be stacked with everyone else, I always have. While we don't have any particular awesome damage reduction cooldowns this really doesn't warrant a dead hunter in particular unless he is way undergeared or just not staying with the group, and I'd guess it's the latter.

We did it like this.

10-man: purple > green > yellow > black

And it went fine for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawwah View Post
    We did it like this.

10-man: purple > green > yellow > black

And it went fine for everyone.
    yup we did the same, and im our guilds hunter and i wasnt taken any extra damage compared too anyone else.

Red is what's killing them.

When the boss gets imbued with a Red Slime, you have to stack.

The further you are from the boss, the more damage you take.

In LFR, me and the other healers let all the hunters die because they wouldn't stack, even after being yelled at by the raid leader. They were taking 100-150k damage (based on the hunter) everytime the beams would go out.

TLDR; They need to stack when the Red Slime buff on the boss.

If they keep failing miserably after having been told to improve their performance, either bench them or kill red and pray for your healers being particularly awake that night.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I kept telling 2 hunters in LFR to stack on the red, did they? no? did they get some serious healing??? yes. xD I think they just don't understand you can go on his add and nuke it.

Our 10man wiped a few times on that combination. Looks like everyone has been killing green but we successfully did it by killing yellow. We basically had people spread 4yrds apart around the boss but stayed as close to the boss as they could while maintaining that 4yrd gap. Worked well for us. If it were 25man, I don't think that strat would work to well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this is true or not but when I did it i could stack with the melee. He doesn't have a melee range hitbox for hunters I think.

Tell the hunters to stack. If they whine about DPS, remind them that dead DPS does NO DPS.