Discussion on 10 man Deathwing Tanking(1 or 2)

Currently my raid is 1 tanking Deathwing 10 man and were getting to the last phase, but not very consistant because of the tanking.
    We have enough dps to burn the tenticle before the 2nd impale most of the time, thus making the first platforms 1 tankable, but i'm wondering if people are doing other wise, I would love as much feedback as possible as possible.

*Sum*
    Is deathwing 1 tankable in the last phase?
    Should we continue to 1 tank the first phase when we can kill the tenticle with 1 impale 75% of the time?

Appreciated :]

*keep in mind when i ask if its one tankable, im wondering if by any means possible can we force it to be done too

it is 1 tankable yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Is there a way to survive the 2nd impale if it comes, im using all of my defensive CD's as a blood dk and i cant get more than 15% health saved, followed by melee death.
    (aside from using dream on the first plat)

form what I have seen.. HELL NO, tetnus will eat your tank.

Deleted
    You cant. Unless you "wtf pwn" DPS in Phase 2 quick. But the spoiler of that is... No. You can soak the imple twice tho - as a paladin at least.

I am more thinking of what you can do with the tentacles tho in P2. Do you have to kill all? One? Pop a lil dream works fine.

/wiped on 4% twice in a row.

Deleted
    Just cleared him yesterday with one dk tank, should be easy with a paladin but I don't think a warrior or a druid can survive the second impale.
    We killed Red>Yellow(to 91-92%)>Green>Yellow>Blue
    A paladin could always use a minor 1-2min cd on the first impale and argent defender on the second one.
    Our DK used minor cds on the first one and major cds on the second with a healer cd like HoS, Guadrian Spirit, Pain Sup. etc.
    However with a bit of gear the sec impale should never happen and it's easily 1 tanked.

I didn't even notice the adds in p2 cus we killed them in a matter of seconds and their debuff seemed to not stack while having ams up.

use a feral to take the first impale

You either need a Paladin AD to eat the second impale or some kind of outside cooldown, or combination of outside cooldowns.

That said, we 1 tanked it and Tetnus really sucks, but you can Dream through it, so it's k.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

You can single Tank without major problems.

For the second impale on one platform you can use http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1022/hand-des-schutzes.

And in p2 just make sure your tank is inside the time bubble, then is tetanus not stacking to high. Just chain somecooldowns at 5-9 stacks ans burn them down as fast as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    That said, we 1 tanked it and Tetnus really sucks, but you can Dream through it, so it's k.
    We one tanked it yesterday (me as the tank, prot warrior in 384avg ilvl gear).

Our biggest problem was dps on the third platform, first two platforms due to all damage buffs are no problem. (we go Green -> Yellow -> Red -> Blue) the forth platform everyone pops cooldowns (we didnt even have bloodlust yesterday).

We'd kill the tent on the third usually right before or DURING his impale cast, (i can't survive a 2nd impale, not without dream + pain supression or something atleast). The biggest issue we had after that is mentioned before... Tetanus.... Holy shit that stuff rapes... Even on our kill i died from that shit, although a DPS DK picked up one add, and i instantly got rezzed to get the other one back. Seems like if you have a feral you can get him to pick one up really quickly to slow the building speed/reset your stacks.

We zerged boss after that, so only dealt with one set of adds (with bloodlust this becomes super easy, without bloodlust the 2nd waves spawned for us and left us with only 4 alive in the end).

So yes, you can solo tank this but it requires better communication & good DPS even during Phase 1.

We 1 tanked Madness with our prot warrior (ilvl 387). Last night our DK (ilvl 384) 1-tanked just fine and we had several 6-8% wipes while working out our strategy (wiped to raid damage, not tank damage). So I'm sure any good tank of any class can 1 tank it just fine assuming your raid has the dps needed.

We killed him with 1 tank, 2 healers, and 7 dps. The way we pulled off 1-tanking was by killing the tentacles before the second impale and meteor spawn. Our prot warrior was able to use his 2min shield wall on each platform, our DK from last night had to call for a healer Pain suppression or Guardian Spirit on the third since IBF is 3mins. We did the platforms in the following order: Ysera -> Alexstraza -> Nozdormu -> Kalegos. This allowed us to AoE down the bloods on every platform and allowed us to kill everything in time due to the 20% damage buff from Kalegos staying all the way through. The only platform we had to deal with the meteor on was the 4th one and the way we did it was by stacking near the front of the platform and popping Aura Mastery + personal damage reduction CDs.

We were able to save hero/bloodlust for P2 and popped it when the big adds spawned so we could burn them down quick before they could kill the tank. The tank also made sure to tank them in the Time Zone so that their attack speed is slowed by 50% (Not tanking in the Time Zone is a BAD idea). The second set of little tentacles spawned when we had about 3-4% left on DW and we were able to finish him off before they were able to cast anything.

Overall our dps averaged about 41k and our two healers averaged about 27k Hps. Gearwise our raid is in almost full heroic firelands stuff.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2011-12-02 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 1 tanked it on ptr on 10 man. Not sure how it is on live as we have only done 25 man.

Deleted
    We 2 tanked, 3 healed the fight and the DPScheck was very close (we had 3 DPS at 52k, 2 at 45k) and were only around 10seconds off the final cataclysm explosion. So if your DPS are not really up to top standards I would advise single tanking would be the better choice, tetanus can be easliy handled as long as you pop bloodlust on the spawn of the double addpair in p2. Even if your tank does die you will finish off the boss before the 2nd tentanus add set spawns.

For the impalers you can easily survive the second impale with effects such as guardian spirit / AD, or even with the impale debuff if you have a 50% damage reduction on yourself then youre going to survive.

So basically comes down to your DPS, are they great? Then no reason not to two tank to make the fight a tad more stable, if your DPS arent so great then I would advise single tanking or else you might get a wipe to cataclysm.