Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I heard Christianity is about love and tolerance. What happened to that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Yeah it does. Sorry, but that's not a logical argument at all. The bible says I should be burned at the stake or stoned to death or whatever, because I don't believe in God. Tell me now, is God being hateful to me, or are its followers that read it literally? That shit would fly back in the 1300's. Not today, thankfully.

We've really got to get past this racial stuff as a society. It's pathetic. Someone's different than me! OMG PANIC!
    Thats gods problem that we take things literally even if they are wrong now days. If he wanted us to do something else he should update the bible himself. Anyways i see that Im just causing problems and arguments by posting in this thread so im going to leave. have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It doesn't matter what the Bible says if people believe that the bible said its wrong. Like i said any christian i have ever talked to said that the bible said it was wrong. Im not saying the church inst being racist, but if the people in it truly believe that they are doing right by god then they aren't being racist at all imo.
    Shouldn't the preacher/pastor/minister know what the bible says? Shouldn't (s)he be able to support each of his/her sermons/rules with something from the bible? If god is racist why did he create more than once race?

I'm leaving this thread before I get really frustrated.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It doesn't matter what the Bible says if people believe that the bible said its wrong. Like i said any christian i have ever talked to said that the bible said it was wrong. Im not saying the church inst being racist, but if the people in it truly believe that they are doing right by god then they aren't being racist at all imo.
    So religion justifies racism and biggotry? Good to know. Maybe I'll become religious so I can be a jackass, and whenever someone tries to get at me about it I just raise my holy book and go "Untouchable! Untouchable!".

Cherry-picking really is the name of the game though. People pick and choose what they want to believe or follow and they still call all of it the indisputable word of God.

To my knowledge, the bible tells you to cut of your hand if you masturbate. I mean, there is no reasoning with something that wasn't deduced with reason to begin with.

There are some racist undertones to the Bible (as there any other text written at around that time), but it's useful to understand that most of them are found in the Pentateuch's rules and laws. Different Christian sects have different attitudes towards Mosaic law, but there's a definite trend towards it not necessarily applying to Christians because of the coming of Christ.

(also, that bit about masturbation has really shaky theological pinnings, but whatever)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    waah waah abloobloo blah christians are the TRULY oppressed!
    grats buddy that was one hell of a stretch to make it all about yourself just so you could play the victim card

Deleted
    Thats america for ya.

Mod Warning: Can we watch the nation-bashing please?
    Last edited by Dacien; 2011-12-02 at 07:31 AM.

This is racism nothing else... and even if it said that in the Bible it would still be wrong... The Bible is just a book like Harry Potter in opinion, pure fiction, some fanatics just took it up like a religion. (Yes i am anti religion, and anti racism).

Damn.. last time I checked we were all one race - Humans... So what is the problem? Where is this "interracial" here.. Well unless they talk about you know - a man married with a horse.. then I think they have a point..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Completely ridiculous. If only America was as over racism as history classes claim it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Completely ridiculous. If only America was as over racism as history classes claim it is
    The entire world is more racist than it cares to admit.

As to the OP, this doesn't really bother me. To me, it's certainly not the least logical thing they're doing. It's a religious institution, they should have the right to ban any sort of person they want. Attending a given church is not a right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just going to burn this. The intent is to flame/troll.