Spriest damage on Madness of Deathwing

So I'm blowing away the rest of my raid on the Madness fight, where on most fights I can only reach top 5 at my gear level (usually top 3 unless the fight is just that bad for shadow), and on Ultraxion the best I can do is #6.

Three possibilities: 1. Is there some unique way the fight's buffs interact with Shadow mechanics I can't see that push the spec further than other classes? 2. Am I underestimating how good the fight is for us between having 2 targets to dot plus the occasional AOE burn? Cause it doesn't seem like those things should put me that far ahead. 3. Or did I just suddenly become the best Spriest in the world somehow?

Anyone else having a similar experience?
    Last edited by Annesh; 2011-12-02 at 06:22 AM.

Any fight that has almost constant multi dot targets plus some AoE thrown in, will usually mean we're on the top

Deleted
    + Shadow scales very good with the haste buff

Deleted
    Multi dotting, AoE, a target to burst down and a 20% haste will make shadow priests very good for this fight, ohh and remember you have a 20% dmg buff also.

Deleted
    What Squawl said, mostly we scale really well with the 20% haste extra, other classes benefit equally well from 20% damage increase as we do.

Between being able to dot the limb of the platform you are on, the limb adjacent to you if it is on Ysera's or Nozdormu's platform, and the mutated corruption as well as the fact that shadow benefits from haste more than most classes, there's really no reason a shadowpriest shouldn't kill this fight.

Deleted
    Spellweave is just broken with mind sear and procs like 123123123 times more than on everyone else.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did 70k dps the other day on madness, I expect that dps to go up significantly as I get more comfortable with the fight (this was a wipe though, you slowly lose buffs during the fight so it will drop when we get a kill - but still - with the rest of my raid at like 50k it was pretty beast).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I did 70k dps the other day on madness, I expect that dps to go up significantly as I get more comfortable with the fight (this was a wipe though, you slowly lose buffs during the fight so it will drop when we get a kill - but still - with the rest of my raid at like 50k it was pretty beast).
    As I pointed out earlier if you are aoeing spellweave buff from Kalecgos is doing some serios damage. I was disc and did 20k dps with mind searing the bloods GG

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    As I pointed out earlier if you are aoeing spellweave buff from Kalecgos is doing some serios damage. I was disc and did 20k dps with mind searing the bloods GG
    yea i was doing very well then started aoeing, shot up the charts like crazy. looked over the logs and spellweave is doing some huge numbers.

Deleted
    I think you should be topping at Madness considering you have every buff in raid, and you have DI.

Of course, if the gear diferrence between you and other DPSers is vast, then #5 is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Artzie View Post
    I think you should be topping at Madness considering you have every buff in raid, and you have DI.

Of course, if the gear diferrence between you and other DPSers is vast, then #5 is okay.
    i haven't been topping, but i haven't been maximizing my dot up time on multiple targets
    i wish i had DI

10+ Year Old Account
    I Usually do like 70k dps to but never killed the boss, but when wipeing on p2 i've been on around 70k dps every time

10+ Year Old Account
    We got no equal on this fight at least on our guild i'm destroying everyone else with a margin bigger than 10k

So this last week on Madness, my guild's fire mage was beating me by a slight amount, about half the time. It can be kinda close. He outgears me by a bit but neither of us have a legendary. We do between 50k and 54k or so. Does anyone think I'm doing it rong?

Me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Annesh/simple

Him: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adchief/simple

Logs for that night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...yze/dd/source/
    Last edited by Annesh; 2011-12-12 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    The amount of damage you do obviously depends on the order in wich you do the platforms, for example when you do any other platform than Ysera´s first you mis out on a dps buff that doesn´t mean you won´t be able to kill the boss but your dps will naturaly be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesp View Post
    Between being able to dot the limb of the platform you are on, the limb adjacent to you if it is on Ysera's or Nozdormu's platform, and the mutated corruption as well as the fact that shadow benefits from haste more than most classes, there's really no reason a shadowpriest shouldn't kill this fight.
    I've only done Madness for like 3 pulls. How does the encounter decide which "arm" is active? Is it when there is someone on the platform for a certain amount of time?

I'm asking because I just assumed that if I dotted the adjacent arm it would somehow "start up" the platforms encounter..

For the few attempts we did it I was pushing between 50-55k dps and that was really without me paying close attention to keeping dots up.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting nowhere near that. Think I'll make a post in the "Fix my DPS" thread.
    Last edited by Pontificate; 2011-12-13 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Felt like postin' in the FMD thread
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Well the order you guys do the aspects can affect your dps a lot. Also the Fix My DPS is really good for very specific questions like this as well

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fine...I'll put it there....SIGH *grumble grumble* :P
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.