Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The item level is absolutely appropriate for the larger masses. You cannot make any restriction or cut off when dealing with the huge population that WoW has without running into exceptions but for every person who knows their class well and can pull good dps with a 360 ilevel there are 10 people with a 380+ ilevel who don't really know what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brosicle22 View Post
    That never happened. The first week of 85 content (i dinged within 16 hours of launch) was a wipe fest in heroics. 2 hours for like 2 bosses, unless u did a guild group.
    It didn't happen for you, apparently. I also hit 85 on the first day and noticed a rather large difference in groups from the first couple of days to groups a week after that. And most of my guild did not level as fast as I did so I primarily ran alone or with one other person.

This was my first LFR run(Ilvl 376 -no heroic fl gear). Everything went relatively smooth aside from people joining and dropping the whole time which was just an annoyance. The Zon'ozz wipes were from (see the short times): 1)Not clearing all the trash and 2)Someone returning from a DC and pulling. As for Yor'sahj there were no deaths so I can't quite make sense of some people's terrible dps -either not caring/watching tv, don't know what they are doing, or cheated the ilevel reqs. Any way you look at it people are going to suck and/or screw around. Putting a higher item level requirement is the only thing blizzard can do to help insure a successful group which I find completely necessary.

"They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    <snip>
    Its definately too high. The raids arent a challenge at all. One could perform well with ilvl of 353, except at the 3rd boss, but thats because the globules have a bit high HP (but very low for ilvl 371).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Hello guys,

I did the new raid through LFR a bunch of time, and I'm liking it. Problem? I only have an iLvl 363 equipped (thus, technically, I'm not even supposed to be close to be "fit" for that raid, im almost 10 iLvls under the req), and I'm pretty much destroying others, which I find retarded. I didn't have a parse, but here's a SS of my latest kill. I'm 3rd, under an iLvl 387 mage & a 381 Spriest.

(SCROLL DOWN FOR MY POINT)

If youre wondering, I have PvP gear carrying my iLvl wherever I'm going. Anyway, here's a screeny & my armory link;

My point? I don't get this. Imagine if I had to actually gather 10 more iLvls, how stupid it would be. Do you guys think iLvl 372 is too much for LFR, or it's good where it's at? PERSONALLY, I find it too high. It is absolutely possible to perform well with an iLvl of ~360. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Chicken
    JP gets you 378 gear, the new 5 mans get you 378 gear... If you destroyed ppl as you said, than you got skills to make up for your lack of gear. Blizzard is not psychic therefor they implemented a minimum ilvl req. It's 372 so ppl don't need to be full 378 from JP/HC's. So no, it most certainly is not too high. Imo the min req should've been 378 so ppl still need to fully gear up in dungeons and with JP/VP before they should start a raid and expect to get carried. Also they should bar ppl in full PvP gear from even using LFR, no matter how skilled you are. Why? Because I constantly hear and read the same bs from ppl in BG's or Arena's.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2011-12-03 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While it's dumb, ect ect. It's required. Fresh 85's would not be beneficial. If they can't grasp the simple concepts of their class, at least they have to put in quite a few hours playing it before they can que for it, whether it be pvp or pve. In that sense, it's sort of the price of admission.

+, who cares. It's Looking for "people who can run around mindlessly shitting themselves while smashing the left side of their grill against their keyboard that's missing half the keys so they can aoe single target and single target aoe all the wrong shit at all the wrong times and receive good purplez" Raid finder.

if you're so 'leet' you would realise that the requirement needs to be high so you dont get people that are BAD and UNDERGEARED filling up the raids and constantly wiping

with a high ilevel restriction, you can at least eliminate the UNDERGEARED portion (most of the time)

edit: also, link a single target fight. not one where you just spam aoe half the time