Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The ONLY Thread about why its not an exploit to loot in LFR

IF you in fact have so many friends that you can make raids for it and just kill the bosses all over the place until your drop drops - then you are in fact just popular and not exploiting, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Linneeaa View Post
    IF you in fact have so many friends that you can make raids for it and just kill the bosses all over the place until your drop drops - then you are in fact just popular and not exploiting, right?
    That's not what people are describing. They are saying you have 24 people that are loot-locked for the boss, 1 person who is not. Loot drops, only 1 person can roll, he passes on all of it. 24 loot-locked people dc/leave instance (not sure which) and come back then they can receive loot from the loot-locked boss. Rinse, repeat.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

confused as to why this is an issue...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    i agree with you there lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    That's not what people are describing. They are saying you have 24 people that are loot-locked for the boss, 1 person who is not. Loot drops, only 1 person can roll, he passes on all of it. 24 loot-locked people dc/leave instance (not sure which) and come back then they can receive loot from the loot-locked boss. Rinse, repeat.
    They do, but is like this they do, or in fact as I say? Cus I know many of the topflights aint stupid at all. And for sure, some would be happy to carry their "idols".

15+ Year Old Account
    They do, but is like this they do, or in fact as I say? Cus I know many of the topflights aint stupid at all. And for sure, some would be happy to carry their "idols".
    They're deliberately abusing the system to get loot. It'd be like somehow circumventing the weekly raid lock and clearing the normal raid 20 times in 3 days.

Nobody knows for sure except those guilds and Blizzard.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    They're deliberately abusing the system to get loot. It'd be like somehow circumventing the weekly raid lock and clearing the normal raid 20 times in 3 days.
    Which was done by several guilds last tier before it was hotfixed without bans or loot being removed

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a dozens of topic at official describing the issue and naming the exploiters (which is pretty much every guild on top 50 or something)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    There is already a dozens of topic at official describing the issue and naming the exploiters (which is pretty much every guild on top 50 or something)
    Curious why would top 50 guilds do this? They have full 391 and alts in full 391, and they're exploiting in order to get 384? Is it for like the 1-2 slots that didn't have heroic pieces during T12?

Really doesn't seem like a big deal. If they wanna put in the time to grind full 384 then let em, it's still inferior gear compared to heroic firelands. I treat raid finder like a fancy version of justice points.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutedruid View Post
    Which was done by several guilds last tier before it was hotfixed without bans or loot being removed
    And those guilds would be.....? Or was this a reference to STARS switching factions just to start on heroic the same week as release and having the heroics shut down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Curious why would top 50 guilds do this? They have full 391 and alts in full 391, and they're exploiting in order to get 384? Is it for like the 1-2 slots that didn't have heroic pieces during T12?

Really doesn't seem like a big deal. If they wanna put in the time to grind full 384 then let em, it's still inferior gear compared to heroic firelands. I treat raid finder like a fancy version of justice points.
    More gem slots, better gem bonuses, better tier bonuses will give an advantage i guess.
    To me it's not the what you get with exploiting but the exploiting at first place, they should be at least suspended for 72 hours or so it will hurt them enough since will lose 3 or more days.

As I understand it they are doing it for the set bonuses which will outwieght what they lose in stats.
    Last edited by Belial; 2011-12-02 at 09:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    As I understand it they are doing it for the set bonuses which will outwieght what they lose in stats.
    Precisely. The Tier 13 set bonuses are absolutely incredible for almost every spec/class, so much so that the 384s are better than 391s.

ROFL. Srsly does Blizz care about WOW anymore...

Wait what? LFR was already in game for fireland? i must have miss it then...
    I tought it was new from 4.3!

*sarcasm off*
    Last edited by Knaar; 2011-12-02 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Wait what? LFR was already in game for fireland? i must have miss it then..
    Reading comprehension is a difficult skill to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    I agree, its not an issue
    But its still an exploit.....
    Doing something that was not intended to be possible = exploit
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

There was something like this happening LAST tier already? Never heard of it, I have to admit.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 11:15 AM ----------

Not true to set items (with 4-set) and in some case trinkets.
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

It was only ONE bonus clear and it, in fact, did call down the banhammers and fixes.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    There was something like this happening LAST tier already? Never heard of it, I have to admit.
    Transfer/faction change.