Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Assassinate Creed question.

I don’t know if this had been asked already. If so, please delete this post.

I am about to do the Assassinate Creed quest tonight or tomorrow and am looking for tips and tricks on how to do him with the least chance on failure.

At this moment, I am assassination specced, but I am willing to go Combat for this fight if needed.

I took following information from Icy Veins website:

Lord Hiram Creed has 1.8 million health and summons no adds. He is stunnable and interruptible. Theoretically, he has two phases, but looking at the fight as a single phase encounter is much simpler. He has the following abilities:

• Blackhowl's Will is an interruptible ability that will drain all of your energy. It has a 1.5 second cast time and you must make sure to interrupt this as often as possible (every cast, ideally). If your Kick is unavailable, you can stun Creed instead.
    • Consuming Darkness is a void zone that Creed will regularly place under you. Simply move out of it to avoid taking damage. The spell has a cast time, and Creed will cast the ability at the location where you were standing at the start of the cast, so you can even avoid all of the damage if you move quickly enough. You can stun him to stop this cast, but it is not needed.
    • Shadow Breath is a standard frontal cone Shadow Breath attack that Creed starts casting after he goes below 75% health. It has a 1 second "build-up" cast, giving you ample time to move behind the boss.
    • 2 minutes after pulling him, Lord Hiram Creed becomes enraged, increasing his damage dealt by 100%.

Does anyone know the cooldowns of these abilities? I’d like to think out a bit of a strategy and like to know which abilities to use when. Or do the people that have done the quest have anything worthwhile to share?

A few questions that come to mind:

1. will you get phased out?
    2. is it possible to team up with people that are not on the quest? (for example a friend healer)
    3. which consumables are good to take along?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mm, since I've yet to complete the quest on live I'll only respond to #2 with a no. Only rogues with the quest can be there, you can team up with other rogues though.
    Though I assume that you'll get phased out to everyone else but other rogues on that quest.

Deleted
    1. I don't you if you're phased out with other classes, but all Rogues are in the same phase (Alliance AND Horde)

2. Since that person cannot fly above, it requires him/her to stealth his/her way to Creed (might works with a Feral specced druid respeccing to resto before pulling). But with a 375+ ilvl (justice Firelands gear, and some gear from the 3 new 5-mans), it's completely soloable, and if you're not confident, you can do it with another rogue, grouped or not (I had a troll dpsing my Creed when he was at 30-35% and we both get credits)

3. If your Recuperate feel weak too you, you can always use bandages and a healing potion (one potion per try). No consumables are REQUIRED, but if you can have cheap flasks, it helps.

Hope I've been useful to you

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly Assassination should be fine. I did this as combat, and honestly if I would have better utilized blind/gouge it would have been even easier.

1. No, you don't get phased out. I was watching other rogues attempt the fight before doing it myself since they got there before me.
    2. No, you are in an area behind a metric load of mobs that detect stealth when too close.
    3. If you want use DPS consumables that might help a little (flask or potions) but personally I think all you really need are bandages. Maybe some food, dunno.

Honestly just use all of your abilities, both defensive and offensive, in a sensible manner, and you should be fine. Don't forget to take advantage of a blind to bandage if you need, and gouge if you feel you need a few seconds to recuperate some HP. There are also quick "guides on wowhead and etc. for this boss.

I think the best strategy if you feel unsure of yourself is to wait a few minutes in stealth and see if another friendly rogue turns up and do it together. Alternatively if you ask in trade chat in your capital city I'm sure a few rogues will be on the same quest and you can go mob handed as it were.

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses.

I plan on doing it solo (or at least I will give it a try) I was just wondering if there was a backup plan. (every rogue should have one)

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it in sub pvp spec. Basicly i cced the mob like i would stunlock a player (like in old times).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

No guarantee this won't change, but I did it yesterday and me and an alliance rogue both got credit, so as far as that timeframe, anybody there who hits him at least once gets the kill.

His abilities are laughably easy if you just watch your timing on interrupts and stuns (the Arogue really just ran around during the fight so I took the brunt). Mind you, that's at 380ilevel combat spec.

You can sneak to him as subtlety for the easier travel and better vanish, then respec inside the tower in his yard. If you die, you can run right back to him.

Good Luck, I'm loving my daggers!

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You will see other rogues on the quest and they will see you and...
    2. ...you can team up with them, but not ohter people.
    3. The fight is actually pretty easy, at least I didn't needed any consumables at all (except for Poisons). His meleedamage is the only thing you that you cant avoid all the time, and for me keeping Recup up kept me at near full health the whole fight. Just react to everything as you should, move out of the Void Zones, move behind him when he casts, Kick Blackwing (Mindnumbing helps, I used MNP on MH and DP on OH). There shouldn't be any situations where you find yuerself getting overwhelmed. If it really turns out that you're going to loose, stun or even Blind him (carefull if you have dots on him with unglyphed Blind). This will give you a lot time to bandage and/or let Recup tick.

Deleted
    Dangit... And here I am still waiting on a chance to snag the ring :|

By the way, does Creed have any lines? I want to know what his dialogue is and whether the devs have gone totally on 'Assassins Creed' or maybe also Arcturus CREEEEEEEEED!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If one rogue make it in, could you use have group will travel to bring in others?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exauras View Post
    If one rogue make it in, could you use have group will travel to bring in others?
    Nope, they blocked it in the area, tried it yesterday... but I can tell you all rogues in your group will get credit if one of them kills it, I kinda followed someone through their mob aggro and used it to get to the boss, I felt bad and invited them to the group, and they ended up getting credit for my kill. But no, mass summon does not work.

Spec Sub and pick up the Gouge talent.
    Use Double Wound.
    Gouge him every cooldown and Backstab.
    Kidney just before you dance.
    Prep for double Dismantle.
    Make sure you use the Cloak glyph.

I finished the fight at about 85% health, no need for consumables at all.

I did it as combat. Too noob to stun it so just kicked, kept up recup and dpsed it down while dodging those circles he spawns. I did happen to have Blade Twisting specced and he was slowed by it which was useful in running around a bit to heal up.

I used a custom combat spec that I made for soling stuff. If you lookup Cosset, Anetheron US you can see the spec. This was not even hard using this spec. I tried as assassination and it was alot harder but still doable. With my combat solo spec it was a joke.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cosset - 90 Tauren Druid
    Zinzrah - 100 Undead Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    • Consuming Darkness is a void zone that Creed will regularly place under you. Simply move out of it to avoid taking damage. The spell has a cast time, and Creed will cast the ability at the location where you were standing at the start of the cast, so you can even avoid all of the damage if you move quickly enough. You can stun him to stop this cast, but it is not needed.
    Maybe it was just lag for me but it seemed like the void zone ended up being placed where ever I was standing when he finished casting. Perhaps I got really lucky with RNG on dodges/parries/resists/etc. but I found him really easy to solo as combat. I wasn't even bothering to interrupt Will and never dropped below 70%. Staggering CR, evasion and a few stuns was all I needed to let Recup heal me back up.

I found getting to Creed to be more difficult than actually killing him. Shadowstep helped me a lot in a few spots, SS -> Sap a single guard to tele past some groups/patrols.

10+ Year Old Account
    My recommendations:

1. Go combat. I tried as Assassination, and just didn't feel like I had good cycle stability while trying to keep up Recuperate and kicking and such. Combat made the fight much easier to manage.
    2. Start moving while he's still casting Consuming Darkness/Shadow Breath. You can avoid the damage entirely if you do.
    3. Just bite the bullet and put Mind numbing on one of your weapons. If you miss any casts of Blackhowl's Will, it can really suck, and the mind numbing helps a lot.
    4. Don't be afraid to use Evasion.

When I executed this fight poorly, I died with Creed at 15% HP several times. The time I did it right, I ended the fight with 115k HP, never having used a potion or anything. To be honest, the stealthing is a lot harder than Creed himself. Have fun, it's probably my favorite quest I've done in WoW! WTB more one player boss fights and stealth events!

Pull with cheap shot for a sense of pride, dps, interrupt everything and keep using stuns, pop evasion if you're getting low and make sure you keep recuperate up.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Honestly, he is massively undertuned. I hardly interupted anything and didn't gouge at all (forgot to put it on my pve bars) and ended at over 50% first try. I was combat and popped literally everything (used CR over cloak) and bursted him quickly into p2. At that point he does that channeled crap which between that and 8 second KS's gives your recup ample time to out heal what he is dishing out. Aside from that, just make sure you don't stand in crap.

If the next guy isn't substantially harder, I will be extremely disappointed.

Edit: Standard combat spec with the extra 4 in imp recup / fortified armor. The other rogue in my guild who did it a couple hours before suggested using MP so I ran WP/MP, but honestly I maybe kicked 3-4 spells tops.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2011-12-03 at 03:32 AM.

Deleted
    Had no problems using a normal fight setup as combat. Just interrupt him and keep recuperate up.