Deleted

Wintergrasp Veteran

I've been looking around trying to find anything about this but couldnt find anything so i made this post instead! >:3
    Do anyone know if Blizzard is considering or atleast been talking about making this achievement 25wins like the Tol Barad one? Since people who didnt pvp much (Like myself) or played at all in wotlk is having a pretty hard time getting this one. Because on a dead server like mine im usualy the only horde in there with 4-5 alliance against me. Makes it pretty hard attacking when they can basicly 3-4 shot the vehicles /: I thought there would be some kind of change of this aswell in 4.3 but it seems not. So anyone heard anything about this? Got any sexy ideas or what so ever!? :3

-Nheali

I found it long, but very possible to grind this out. Typically what I would do is spam TB after a win/loss to get people to queue for WG. Got my last 40 wins fairly quickly.

This was Horde side, but we typically would outnumber Alliance in almost every game.

Deleted
    Yeah i can see outnumbering them would help alot Im at 18/100 atm -.- And the last 20-25 Wintergrasps i've done i have been outnumbered by atleast 4-5 people /:

I had some helpful guild members that were after the same achievement.

You just have to be creative in getting some help

Haven't heard anything about them making it 25 wins, would be nice though.

Deleted
    Would be very nice indeed D: Dont understand why they didnt do it as they fixed Tol Barad one /: My guess is because people should have it already or such D:

I grinded it out after wotlk was over I had about 60 wins or so. I que'd for wintergrasp after I did tb and found it pretty easy to solo win it. Most people on my server don't que for it horde or alliance. If there's no one there it takes less than 15 minutes to solo win it. I think if they planned on changing it they would have already.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zutroy View Post
    I had some helpful guild members that were after the same achievement.
    There's your answer, OP.

Deleted
    Sadly, i think it is ._.

When I queued for my last few wins, I was typically up against sub 80 enemies, or I'd be defending (Yay for being ranged) or I'd be alone (riding around looking for guards to kill so I could get a vehicle to knock down towers.

My biggest problem is getting Wintergrasp Ranger. Only have 3/10 kills for the southeast tower and that's the tower that saw the least action during WotLK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    My biggest problem is getting Wintergrasp Ranger. Only have 3/10 kills for the southeast tower and that's the tower that saw the least action during WotLK.
    Get an horde/alliance help you out for a few gold I got a friend on alliance side that helped me. Didnt take long at all

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    My first mage finally got that Achievement about 2 months ago. We're alliance, and on our server, as I'm sure in many, you can have up to 5 raid members, even if there are zero horde. More if horde exceeds their 5 man group. They do sometimes, but not often.

I have some guildies who will come play on a regular basis. We often just announce "15 minutes til WG- get queued" and whoever is available queues. Once it starts, there's usually one of us still in a city, and if we have fewer than 5 players, we'll announce "WG starting, need a few more- get your quick honor" or something similar, and we usually fill the group. We also keep a friends list of the "regulars"-- we ask if they wanna know when it's starting, or can we message them, or whatever. It's a decent system, and we usually can fill the group, and add more if horde comes out mad after a TB loss, LOL.

We've had fun doing it, and I'm on my second character working on the Achievement. It took awhile to set up a circle of friends who are also looking for the Ach, but just keep names, and keep on working at it. It's fun. Lately, we've seen a lot more horde show up , and that makes it fun. I usually head there before it starts (since my mage easily ports to Dalaran) just to scout it out, and see if anyone's around before it starts, and get stats ahead of time.

You'll get there! It just takes a bit of time
    [IMG][/IMG]

Was very hard to get this done on Kazzak EU as alliance.
    My only suggestion - try to wake early in the morning and capture it when all hordes are sleeping and then hold it for the whole day coz defending is piss easy while assaulting is next to impossible vs certain classes. (I managed to defend it 1vs7 pretty much as arcane mage).
    Also when assaulting - you can fire above the 2nd wall of defenses into the main gate with demolisher (and siege, but siege needs quite precise positioning so the turret has the correct angle)

This is somewhat a picture of wintergrasp fortress.

|.....................|
    |.....................|
    0_._0 ........0_._0
    ..... |.........|
    ..... |.........|
    ..... 0_door_0

0 = tower
    . = separator(just my addition)
    | and _ = wall.

Red wall takes double dmg.

Good luck
    (I know, l33t drawing skills)
    Last edited by Makarena; 2011-12-09 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nheali View Post
    I've been looking around trying to find anything about this but couldnt find anything so i made this post instead! >:3
    Do anyone know if Blizzard is considering or atleast been talking about making this achievement 25wins like the Tol Barad one? Since people who didnt pvp much (Like myself) or played at all in wotlk is having a pretty hard time getting this one. Because on a dead server like mine im usualy the only horde in there with 4-5 alliance against me. Makes it pretty hard attacking when they can basicly 3-4 shot the vehicles /: I thought there would be some kind of change of this aswell in 4.3 but it seems not. So anyone heard anything about this? Got any sexy ideas or what so ever!? :3

-Nheali
    Get some guildies and/or friends.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I'm quite thankful that I did mine in the first few months of WotLK, I can't imagine doing it now.

Deleted
    Would love some guildies/friends to help me. To bad im the only achievment nerd in my guild/friend circle >.< And yes i envy you all that did it back in wotlk.

Ps. Still havnt won a Wintergrasp since i made this post, really cant win 1vs5-10 /:

Edit: I joined a WG litteraly 5sec after posting this and won JUST as i joined >.< Only 82 more wins to go... \0/
    Last edited by mmoc05df42c0c9; 2011-12-12 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    I grinded this not that long ago, kinda even fights, usually 5vs5 on my server but completely empty at nights so I could get some free wins and then we could hold it the whole day. Defending is a lot easier cause of sieges HP being wotlk-standard so, as a hunter, I could hold the fortress myself vs plenty of hordes.
    I also had a guild-mate who grinded this so when I wasn't at home/asleep he usually defended the fortress.

I also noticed a lot of those people playing it nowadays actually know what the hell they're doing, I've only met like 2-3 players who was like "what am I supposed to do?" and I gladly helped them.