Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spine Of Deathwing, Searing Plasma Issue

Hey, My guild and I are currently progressing through Spine right now and we are somewhat having troubles with the Searing plasma debuff. Pretty much right off the bat about 10-15 people are getting the debuff and our healers are OOM'ing before the first tendon is even ready to be poped. (We get the first 10-15 debuffs off and about 5 more pop up at a time with only one tendon up). Given the crash amount of healing it takes to break these, are we doing something wrong?

Currently running, Resto druid, Hpld, Shaman, 1 holy and 2 disc.

Fallen

Deleted
    It is cast by the big tentacles. Only have one up at any time and it will be much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfaith View Post
    Hey, My guild and I are currently progressing through Spine right now and we are somewhat having troubles with the Searing plasma debuff. Pretty much right off the bat about 10-15 people are getting the debuff and our healers are OOM'ing before the first tendon is even ready to be poped. (We get the first 10-15 debuffs off and about 5 more pop up at a time with only one tendon up). Given the crash amount of healing it takes to break these, are we doing something wrong?

Currently running, Resto druid, Hpld, Shaman, 1 holy and 2 disc.

Fallen
    its so easy. kill all but ONE tentacle when u land. as soon as 3 are dead, have him roll removing all adds, then kill last tentacle and use that add to remove his armor, when killin tha tlast tentacle hell spawn a new one, just dont kill it. every now and then itll stun someone, assign ONE person to break the stun by doin minimal damage, no dots, just someone like a arcane mage. just rinse and repeat for each plate of armor.

Yeah, i'm aware of the strat :P. Even with one tentacle up, the debuff is still coming out 4-5 at a time about ever 20-30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfaith View Post
    Yeah, i'm aware of the strat :P. Even with one tentacle up, the debuff is still coming out 4-5 at a time about ever 20-30 seconds.
    You can't stop it from coming out. You just have to heal through it. Have healers use their cheap single target heals on the people. If you can keep it most of the time to 2-3 people it shouldn't be an issue.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Your healers might be spamming Flash healing spells and going OOM that way. The debuff itself only does 10K damage every 10 seconds, and the major raid damage in that fight is taken by the fiery grips, when you sit in the fire pit to do a barrel roll, and when the amalgamation is about to explode. As a raid, you have control over all of this raid damage.

The fiery grip should be broken immediately- not more than 1 tick should go off. We had a DPS who would call out 2 seconds before a fiery grip went out and DPS would break it very quickly. When we didn't have this person doing this, 2+ ticks were going out and healers were having trouble with the people who had the absorb debuff. When you're doing a barrel roll, plan for a raid CD like Barrier to be used, which will help prevent debuffed people from dying. If they're still getting low when you come out of it, healing raid CDs like Tranq will help bust them out of it because each tick will repeatedly hit them. The amalgamation should be brought down to 5% before it eats the ninth blood, and again have a raid CD like barrier be set up to handle the aoe damage here.

Since you can control the damage you take in this fight, your healers will know when heavy periods of damage are supposed to be incoming. They can afford to use more cost effective, big heals like Greater Heal and Divine Light, HoTs, and rely on AoE heals to help break the absorb debuff for most of the fight, and only rely on mana expensive ones when the raid damage is going out and they're getting low (but I would still resort to using a Tranq or DH because its more mana effective)

I think the real issue is that disc shields/DA do absolutely fuck all to mitigate the damage or reduce the heal absorb. Don't you love it when one of your raider's main specs is completely useless?

We used 2 disc priests in our kill and they were the ones handling the debuff- PW:B is pretty good for the barrel rolls and pre-nuclear blasts.

Also, if you're having healer trouble consider bumping up to 7 healers to help. The only real DPS req is killing the tendon in 1 go, and even then that's not necessarily true as long as your healers can keep going. To help with the tendon, use your DPS CDs on the first one, potions and any DPS CDs that are up on the second, and time warp on the third.

Quote Originally Posted by datrillest View Post
    is he solo healing the fight? i cant imagine your other healers cant handle this simple debuff.
    No we were running 6, it's just irritating that Shields/DA do absolutely nothing for Searing Plasma targets. They don't affect the absorbed heal limits and the damage cuts right through the shields. Had nothing to do with "handling it" just a comment on how this problem lasted through PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a useful strat we used.

1. Jump down Point Break style
    2. Kill 2 fire tentakles
    3. Jump in a hole and roll deathwing knocking those two Ama's off
    4. Kill another tentacle
    5. Charge the Ama with 9 bloods and blow off the scale all DPS including tank on the healing tendent. One tank collecting and holding bloods.
    6. Kill one of the tentacles and charge add with bloods, if another tentacle is broken the other tank pics it up.
    7. Blow off another scale.
    8. Kill another tentacle (should be 2 left and 2 Amas out)
    9. Roll deathwing
    10. Kill tentacle and charge add, blow up last scale, kill healing tendent.
    11. ???
    12. Epics.

Quote Originally Posted by datrillest View Post
    its not a problem. its a healing absorb debuff, so why would a spell that is a "PURE ABSORB" work
    I don't think you're understanding what the complaint is...

We did this last night on 10 man, which I'm sure is a bit different than 25 man. I'm a disco priest and had no problems at all and topped the "Healing to Searing Plasma" debuff charts.

Whoever said bubble/DA is a waste is retarded, as this is actually the ONLY way you can "Heal" when they are under this debuff - notice one of them dropped? Pop a bubble on them, also when you crit heal they get a DA which absorbs dmg to prevent them from dying. So actually disco is incredibly useful on this fight.

In 10 man basically what happens is all 10 players get the debuff, you do barrel roll and and start knocking the debuff off. Starting on the tanks. Our comp was Druid/Shammy/Disco. I just spam GHealed to get inner focus back up and penance on the target. If I was also searing plasma'ed I would just binding heal spam myself and the target until both were gone. Fairly easy fight once you get the mechanic.

I'm sure it's a little different, but you also have a lot more healers. The healers in my raid have been healing together since start of Wrath doing hard modes etc, so we kind of sync really quickly without even talking. We were on the same target pretty much every single time time. Coordinating your healing to blast this off targets quickly is key, that way you can clear one at a time very quickly and then move on to the next target. Everyone gets it, clear it off everyone, 2-3 get it, clear it 1 at a time, kill tendon, everyone gets it, barrel roll repeat.

**Edit** Also disco is fantastic for pushing the tendon. I always spam smited/holy fired with power infusion on the tendon to help get it down and this also helps keep people up/clearing the debuff while the other healers focused.
    Last edited by Lootasisew; 2011-12-02 at 07:29 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

We did your healer comp +1 Hpally, try another heal using your strat.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lootasisew View Post
    We did this last night on 10 man, which I'm sure is a bit different than 25 man. I'm a disco priest and had no problems at all and topped the "Healing to Searing Plasma" debuff charts.

Whoever said bubble/DA is a waste is retarded, as this is actually the ONLY way you can "Heal" when they are under this debuff - notice one of them dropped? Pop a bubble on them, also when you crit heal they get a DA which absorbs dmg to prevent them from dying. So actually disco is incredibly useful on this fight.

Our disc priest owned that fight, in addition to normal healing she avg'd about 8k/s Absorbs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    No we were running 6, it's just irritating that Shields/DA do absolutely nothing for Searing Plasma targets. They don't affect the absorbed heal limits and the damage cuts right through the shields. Had nothing to do with "handling it" just a comment on how this problem lasted through PTR.
    Tanks don't get affected by Searing Plasma. Disc is also good for those that get targetted by the stun from the corruption and for when the amalgs go nuclear.

I don't see why people would choose disc over holy this tier... holy is soo much better with the amount of bosses that require aoe heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lootasisew View Post
    Awesome, you're having problems reading too. What we were seeing last night was that the Searing Plasma damage was completely ignoring Shields/DA. Usually being removed within a second of being applied with no shield absorbs recorded and no discernible effect to the healing absorb debuff. The only Searing Plasma absorbs were on Warlocks.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by coolflame View Post
    Tanks don't get affected by Searing Plasma. Disc is also good for those that get targetted by the stun from the corruption and for when the amalgs go nuclear.

I don't see why people would choose disc over holy this tier... holy is soo much better with the amount of bosses that require aoe heals.
    That's what we ended up having to do. Whether intentional or not.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2011-12-02 at 07:41 PM.

Have your hybrid dps help the healers when they have nothing to dps. (which happen quite often)

Shields worked fine for us.

What your healers are likely doing is panicking over the debuff. It's a bitch, but you should not spam your butt off on them, unless on tanks (and yes, tanks did get affected in our raid, not much, but it definitely happened near the end). Keep Nourish (and equivalents) constantly on the debuff people, not Regrowth (and equivalents). That should be absolutely plenty to get rid of the debuff. Furthermore, again, shields *did* work for us, so much even our second priest went disc for giggles (in a 10man!). The fight's not about going all out, but for both dps and healers is all about restrainting yourself.

The only intensive healing part, really, was at the end, but until then all 3 of us were anywhere between 60-100% mana throughout the fight. The fight's largely about control: if you're controlling wrongly, you'll get massive damage. Not the healers' fault, or the debuffs', but the way the fight has been managed. You said you're sure you're aware of tactics, but still I'd suggest reading up some more, to shed some light on where the problem may lie. Obviously we're not in your raid, so it's hard to give more specific tips for this. =)
    Last edited by Cirque; 2011-12-02 at 10:43 PM.

I have only done the fight on 10 man, but it sounds like your healers are just commiting too much mana to the debuff instead of letting hots and small efficent heals do the work. You have a druid, h priest and resto shammy, that combo gives you riptide - healing reain - CoH - rejuve - wild growth to all be put on the debuffed targets and still spam the small efficent heals to finish them off. As a resto druid on the 10 man fight i just used WG on cooldown, rejuve anyone with the debuff and then swiftmend one of them if we were going into a barrel roll so the effloresence could work on it while we were grouped. Basically i am saying use your numerous hots and cd's when needed and you should be fine, just make sure your healers conserve some mana. They have to do this for 3 phase-ish things.

Only heal the targets taking dmg in addition to having Plasma with big heals , otherwise use your auto attack heal (i.e. Healing Wave, Holy Light) that costs literally no mana. The key is to not panic when you see the debuff cuz some people can go 1-2 mins without it dropping and be just fine, just heal it when you get a chance but people being gripped or taking heavy dmg should be focused on removing it.

Just be patient with it and try to have your healers relax , this made it easier on us in 10 man, we did swap to 3 healers for this fight, this is the only fight we 3 heal in the entire raid.