Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Light Side "corruption"

Another thread got me thinking - There is Dark Side corruption, but is there anything for if you're light side? Of course, not a corrupt face, but something, I'm just wondering if there is any visual thing showing you're lightside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Another thread got me thinking - There is Dark Side corruption, but is there anything for if you're light side? Of course, not a corrupt face, but something, I'm just wondering if there is any visual thing showing you're lightside.
    What do you want? Glorious Wings and a Halo?

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Nope,Nothing,Nada,Zero

You'd think there'd be a white glow or something

I was hoping there would be a mild amount of light aura around the player, barely noticeable but there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing at this point. I think it would be nice to see like a aura or something when you get maxed out or something, but I dont think there were ever any identifying marks of lightside force users and technically there was no "darkside" corruption for non-force users anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    they should make DS corruption forced so there would be a real reason to stay light side
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

I may be inaccurate here but I remember reading something saying the higher into the dark or light you are would give your character bonuses aside from the visual.

Like Darkside would increase Force power

Lightside would increase healing

Mind you this was a while ago and I don't remember the source.

Quote Originally Posted by Sut View Post
    Yes I do want that

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixor View Post
    I may be inaccurate here but I remember reading something saying the higher into the dark or light you are would give your character bonuses aside from the visual.

Like Darkside would increase Force power

Lightside would increase healing

Mind you this was a while ago and I don't remember the source.
    Inaccurate.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why should there be such things ? If you played Kotor you would remember that the player chars and his companions in Kotor II never had a light side glow or something. Only Chars from the dark side had evil ugly faces and BMF eyes

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

Yes. That's exactly what I want. Fuck that'd be cool.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Good always rewards nothing. And thats how it should be.

Makes being good less appealing.

KotOR had no visual effects for light side and there shouldn't be any, it doesn't make sense. You can however wear light-side restricted armor that probaby will be more "light" looking.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    You'd think there'd be a white glow or something
    Yeah, just like Yoda and Obi-wan had. Wtf Bioware!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should stay with nothing, the forces of lightside vs darkside should be normal looking goodies versus corrupted, hideous husks of their former selves.

The reward for being good isn't becoming an angel, It's not becoming an ugly shell, void of the humanity you used to possess.
    Last edited by Wargon; 2011-12-10 at 07:17 PM.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

i think there was just that you can get, or cannot get, specific glows on your light sabre or something. If you're very evil you cant use green, and if you're very good you cant use red.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if they gave Jedis a 'glow' or 'hue' I would be pretty pissed. Granted I am Sith, I do believe that you guys should at least get SOMETHING but a glow? Come on now. When do you see people glow in any type of novel/movies/writing. Never. Please don't kiddy up the game I've been waiting literally years for

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 05:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    I think it should stay with nothing, the forces of lightside vs darkside should be normal looking goodies versus corrupted, hideous husks of their former selves.

The reward for being good isn't becoming and angel, its not becoming an ugly shell, void of the humanity you used to possess.
    That. I look like a wrinkly old man because I'm Sith. I lost my former sexy hottness that I was and you get to keep yours. That sounds good enough to me!

Yeah that sounds about perfect :P

It would be better, since when you go dark side your skin goes all weird and your eyes change colour, if on light side you shrunk, your skin turned green, and your ears suddenly grew a lot, and there would be varying degrees of Yoda-ness :P

From my limited time playing last beta weekend, I recall seeing blue lightsabre glows on occasion and my eyes would sometimes flare blue during combat. That was at lightside 1, not sure about further down the tree.